What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook just won the starting spot for NSW over McInnes. Outplayed.
I don't think so. The Blues selectors have a bias against us. That's how it is.

Cookie has outplayed McInnes the last 5-6 times we have played you guys.

McInnes has improved no doubt but he doesn't have the explosiveness. Good to give away a few silly penalties too like today. It's becoming a habit.

I don't no what game some guys were watching who think McInnes was better!

Cooks passing is more crisp imo!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I don't think so. The Blues selectors have a bias against us. That's how it is.

Cookie has outplayed McInnes the last 5-6 times we have played you guys.

McInnes has improved no doubt but he doesn't have the explosiveness. Good to give away a few silly penalties too like today. It's becoming a habit.

I don't no what game some guys were watching who think McInnes was better!

Cooks passing is more crisp imo!

The first sentence in the third paragraph here is 'bang on'.

Explosiveness - McInnes ain't got it.

Simple as that.

Walpole

Juniors
I wonder whether your bias would be so obvious towards McInnes if he didn't play for the Dragons?

Unlikely.

Granted he's a solid, durable type but he's nothing more than that.
You'e a good one.

Perhaps if I was "neutral", I would be like the majority of all commentators and NSW supporters who acknowledge that McInnes and Cook are the two best available hookers for the Blues. For what it's worth, I believe Cook should get the job hands down, he's no.1 in my book.

But to suggest McInnes is only as good as Mitch Rein is where the real bias comes in. For some reason you either want to stir the pot (hey, go for your life) or you actually believe this to be true, which is odd.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You'e a good one.

Perhaps if I was "neutral", I would be like the majority of all commentators and NSW supporters who acknowledge that McInnes and Cook are the two best available hookers for the Blues. For what it's worth, I believe Cook should get the job hands down, he's no.1 in my book.

But to suggest McInnes is only as good as Mitch Rein is where the real bias comes in. For some reason you either want to stir the pot (hey, go for your life) or you actually believe this to be true, which is odd.

Option B. (they are similar in ability, although Rein has superior 'explosiveness').

And I really couldn't give a rodent's rear end about "stirring the pot".

BennyV

Referee
The Cook vs McInnes debate is interesting. Cook is a great young hooker, but I question whether or not the skillset he brings to the table (ie his running game) will be as potent in the origin arena. If you look at the likes of Cam Smith or Buderus, these arent 'explosive' hookers, they are smart, skillful players. Cook's other skills would keep him at a decent level in origin but anyone expecting him to pull on a Blue jersey and carve QLD up the middle is in for a rough surprise.

watatank

Coach
The Cook vs McInnes debate is interesting. Cook is a great young hooker, but I question whether or not the skillset he brings to the table (ie his running game) will be as potent in the origin arena. If you look at the likes of Cam Smith or Buderus, these arent 'explosive' hookers, they are smart, skillful players. Cook's other skills would keep him at a decent level in origin but anyone expecting him to pull on a Blue jersey and carve QLD up the middle is in for a rough surprise.

You go with both. McInnes can play all game but would probably suffer as the game goes on. I think if he played this year and played the full 80 he might be like Peats for NSW last year or Buderus at the end of his NSW career, he wouldn't disgrace himself but we probably need more out of him. Cook probably couldn't have the same impact he plays the full 80 minutes but if he was playing off the bench he could make an impact like Craig Wing did. NSW should pick both McInnes (as a starter) and Cook (off the bench).

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nah, Rein is shit. Worst hooker in the comp by a significant margin.

Decent in reserve grade though!

Is this why he's supplanted Peats (a former SOO player) as the Titans' no. 1 hooker?

McInnes just isn't what he's cracked up to be. He solid but nothing special either.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Both Cook and McInnes bring different skill sets to a game. One is flashier but does have defensive issues and is prone to errors, whilst the other is a defender but doesnt utilise a running or kicking game.
I think both will be selected, however, one will play the orher will be the 18th man (like JDB last year) for the experience.

Interesting that one was a Dragon and is now a Rabbit, whilst the other was a Rabbit and now a Dragon

BennyV

Referee
You go with both. McInnes can play all game but would probably suffer as the game goes on. I think if he played this year and played the full 80 he might be like Peats for NSW last year or Buderus at the end of his NSW career, he wouldn't disgrace himself but we probably need more out of him. Cook probably couldn't have the same impact he plays the full 80 minutes but if he was playing off the bench he could make an impact like Craig Wing did. NSW should pick both McInnes (as a starter) and Cook (off the bench).
I agree - Cook offers great spark and a significant amount of utility value as well. Need to move away from the idea of outside backs with no real plan of action as utilities and employ a bloke who has a specific role as well as providing utility value.

BennyV

Referee
Is this why he's supplanted Peats (a former SOO player) as the Titans' no. 1 hooker.

McInnes just isn't what he's cracked up to be. He solid but nothing special either.
Surpassed him? Lol Peats is out with a rib injury since around 6! I’m sure you could have recognised that either by checking the injury list or applying common sense that Rein would only start if there was no other options!!

I must admit, it’s impressive of Rein to surpass Peats into a start position (in the team running 15th) while Peats is injured...could be argued that Peats with a rib injury is still an improvement on Rein!

Mind you, they are 0 from 4 since Rein has been their starting hooker...not sure that’s a coincidence!