What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 11
Penrith Panthers v Wests Tigers
Panthers Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Thursday 17 May 2018

Gates 6:50pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-PEN18.png

1. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 2. Christian Crichton 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Dean Whare 5. Tyrone Phillips 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Trent Merrin 9. Sione Katoa 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawera Naera 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris
Interchange: 14. Sione Katoa 15. Jack Hetherington 16. Viliame Kikau 17. James Tamou 18. Jarome Luai 19. Kaide Ellis 20. Tyrone May 21. Nick Lui-toso

TL-WST18.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Elijah Taylor 10. Ben Matulino 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Robert Rochow 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Jacob Liddle 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Sauaso Sue 18. Tim Grant 19. Chris McQueen 20. Josh Aloiai 21. Tyson Gamble

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten

Feeder club matches
PANTHERS (NSWRL) & WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies)
SAT
Wests Tigers v Panthers @ Leichhardt, Flegg 1:15pm
SUN
Wests Magpies v Panthers @ North Sydney, ISP 11am​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS

Josh Reynolds shoulder — Round 11-13

PANTHERS

Nathan Cleary — MCL — Round 11

Tim Browne — Ruptured bowel — Retired

Sam McKendry — Knee — Season

Josh Mansour — Cheekbone — Round 19-Season

Dylan Edwards — Shoulder — Season

Jed Cartwright — Leg — TBC

Moses Leota — Pec — Round 18

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We got this by 8, with Brooks showing everyone who's the best 7 running around atm.

Hopefully Reynolds is back but we are at full strength for this one.

super_coach

First Grade
We play very well against structured side, we struggle against sides that are unpredictable and thats Penrith. Guys like Peachey cause us no end of grief. Although if we are ever going to beat penrith at home, this could be the week. If I was having a bet I would take Penrith probably 13 plus, but my heart says we are a real chance

simmo1

First Grade
Penrith have been pretty ordinary the past couple of weeks. We can definitely put points on them, however the key will be containing them through the middle.

Tiger05

First Grade
The middle is really important for us especially because we have been inconsistent there. Plus when we do well there we tend to win.

I'm hoping to see Mahe go bonkers again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good luck Catbros. Love ya.

Cleary will be back this week and Tyrone May played his first game in reserves last week and did well. Surgeon cleared Cleary and passed the fitness test on Friday.

Our edges are a concern while I think we win the middle. Should be a good game.

There always seems a bit of comradary between WTs and Panthers supporters. Probably the two least hateable teams in the comp IMO. Always wish you guys luck, except this week obviously

OldPanther

Coach
There always seems a bit of comradary between WTs and Panthers supporters. Probably the two least hateable teams in the comp IMO. Always wish you guys luck, except this week obviously

THeres nothing to dislike about the riff really apart from Gould

Would love a grand final between both clubs

Then I’d hate them.

Yeah no one wants to lose a GF but if It happened I'd rather it be Tigers rather than most other clubs.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'd include Nth Queensland as well ( in regards the tigers)....the middle will be a fun place Thursday night. ..it'll be boisterous to say the least

NSW Team of the Week Rd 10 (from nswrl.com.au)

And Peachey won't even be at 6 V Tigers- this is going to be a tough one.

6 – TYRONE PEACHEY
CLUB: PENRITH PANTHERS; ORIGIN APPEARANCES: 0; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 2.

One try, 155 total metres, one line-break, one try-assist, one offload, 19 tackles.

7 – JAMES MALONEY
CLUB: PENRITH PANTHERS; ORIGIN APPEARANCES: 9; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 4.

Six goals, one field goal, one try-assist, one tackle-break.

8 – REAGAN CAMPBELL-GILLARD
CLUB: PENRITH PANTHERS; ORIGIN APPEARANCES: 0; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 3.

One try, 127 total metres, one line-break, two tackle-breaks, one offload, 26 tackles.

Tiger05

First Grade
They have some quality players don't they. They are playing really well with a lot of injuries as well.

Clifferd

Coach
At full strength I’d have pennies as team to beat. As it stands they are using their 2nd string backline with Maloney as halfback, but with the most inform forward pack in the comp or close to

I think most genuine league followers have a soft spot for less fancy clubs,back in the day when the mountain men were referred to as the chocolate soldiers they used to really struggle,nowadays they have a team that can’t be taken lightly who play a good brand of football,so good luck to them in their quest for the title,but hopefully we have a little more luck than them this week.

super_coach

First Grade

Being a old Balmain boy we sort of have a connection with the Panthers. When they first entered the comp they recruited a lot of old Balmain hard heads, Dave Bolton, Bob Boland and Les Mara are a few names that come to mind. Anyway have always had a soft spot for the Panthers. I actually think at full strength and a bit of momentum at the right time of the year, they could give it a shake although no Edwards for the season will probably bite them at some stage

Das Hassler

Bench
Didn't Mara go straight to Souths?...i might have forgotten...Dennis Tutty to Penrith as well. Pretty much every Penrith player that came to Balmain and WT has been great value ...more than can be said for the regular stream of lemons we got ftom Manly over the years.

Latest posts