What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

denis preston

First Grade
Surpassed him? Lol Peats is out with a rib injury since around 6! I’m sure you could have recognised that either by checking the injury list or applying common sense that Rein would only start if there was no other options!!

I must admit, it’s impressive of Rein to surpass Peats into a start position (in the team running 15th) while Peats is injured...could be argued that Peats with a rib injury is still an improvement on Rein!

Mind you, they are 0 from 4 since Rein has been their starting hooker...not sure that’s a coincidence!

I just can't wait for Jimmys response to this !!

Crush

Coach
Havent really followed this thread of late but is someone in here trying to say that Mitch Rein is a good hooker!?
Blahahahahahahaha.
WORST

HOOKER

EVER.............................

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Surpassed him? Lol Peats is out with a rib injury since around 6! I’m sure you could have recognised that either by checking the injury list or applying common sense that Rein would only start if there was no other options!!

I must admit, it’s impressive of Rein to surpass Peats into a start position (in the team running 15th) while Peats is injured...could be argued that Peats with a rib injury is still an improvement on Rein!

Mind you, they are 0 from 4 since Rein has been their starting hooker...not sure that’s a coincidence!

You've failed to acknowledge that Rein supplanted Peats BEFORE his injury.

Never let facts get in the way of a good yarn.

BennyV

Referee
You've failed to acknowledge that Rein supplanted Peats BEFORE his injury.

Never let facts get in the way of a good yarn.
Really? Because looking at the teams as they took the field, Rein was on the bench and Peats started the game...you have an interesting definition of 'supplanted' Jimmy!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Really? Because looking at the teams as they took the field, Rein was on the bench and Peats started the game...you have an interesting definition of 'supplanted' Jimmy!

If you're referring to the game against the Dragons in Toowoomba, yes, Peats did start the game (as you've indicated$, with Rein on the bench, HOWEVER Rein was clearly the dummy half when BOTH players were in the field together.

This had been replicated a few times BEFORE Peats's injury, and I believe there was a game (or two) where their roles were reversed i.e. Rein starting hooker and Peats as a reserve.

Your dislike towards Rein (which is fine) has clouded your thoughts considerably.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Havent really followed this thread of late but is someone in here trying to say that Mitch Rein is a good hooker!?
Blahahahahahahaha.
WORST

HOOKER

Not necessarily "good"...just on par with McInnes in many areas.

Drag Queen

Bench
Blahahahahahahaha.
WORST

HOOKER

Nah. I'd call my husband's ex wife the worst hooker but that would be mean.. Right ?:)

Drag Queen

Bench
Not necessarily "good"...just on par with McInnes in many areas.
What? Rein is definitely on par with McInnes. Problem is Rein is playing in a losing team. It seems to sway perspective. I should add that I have nothing against McInnes except his continual forward passes. His defense is 50/50 depending on who you talk to. Peats will not make origin this year but Cook probably will. McInnes may be on standby.

Drag Queen

Bench
Nah Jimmy's spot on. Brennan took Rein from ISP as a starting hooker for the Titans. Being the gentleman Brennan is he wasn't going to diss Peats. Read between the lines. ISP effectively got him the the Titan's coaching role. Rein ISP player of the year. Premiers etc. Won games when Wallace was injured last year. Righto. The Titans aren't going great guns atm but no need to diss Rein. He's going well. Pretty sure you admitted to not watching our game against the Rabbits so I doubt you didn't watched this game either. You obviously don't"t like Rein but I do. He's ahead of Peats by a country mile, with or without injury atm.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Nah Jimmy's spot on. Brennan took Rein from ISP as a starting hooker for the Titans. Being the gentleman Brennan is he wasn't going to diss Peats. Read between the lines. ISP effectively got him the the Titan's coaching role. Rein ISP player of the year. Premiers etc. Won games when Wallace was injured last year. Righto. The Titans aren't going great guns atm but no need to diss Rein. He's going well. Pretty sure you admitted to not watching our game against the Rabbits so I doubt you didn't watched this game either. You obviously don't"t like Rein but I do. He's ahead of Peats by a country mile, with or without injury atm.
Nope, he's shit. As mentioned, worst hooker in the comp. And I mean that, looking at the starting hookers going around I can't find one to which he is superior.

Yep, he is playing in a losing team. He's been doing that for pretty much his whole first grade career. And funnily enough, the silly club that gifted him 150 FG games seemed to improve exponentially once he left. None of this is coincidence.

BennyV

Referee
If you're referring to the game against the Dragons in Toowoomba, yes, Peats did start the game (as you've indicated$, with Rein on the bench, HOWEVER Rein was clearly the dummy half when BOTH players were in the field together.

This had been replicated a few times BEFORE Peats's injury, and I believe there was a game (or two) where their roles were reversed i.e. Rein starting hooker and Peats as a reserve.

Your dislike towards Rein (which is fine) has clouded your thoughts considerably.
I'm referring to Ruonds 1-6 prior to Peats getting injured. You believe wrong - when Peats played, he started. Was never any different. And the fact that he versatile enough to play lock doesnt make him a superior hooker by any stretch - it's a very weak argument to hang on to.

My dislike towards Rein is a combination of facts (i.e. His low ability as a first grade footballer) and the fact that he milked this club on a disturbingly high contract for years, despite aforementioned poor ability, then had the nerve to demand a pay rise (praise to the football gods that his ego drove him away from our $300k offer that was several times more than his worth) AND ran his mouth about our club while he was prancing around in reserve grade. But that dislike has nothing to do with the fact that he is the second string hooker in a team currently running 15th, and while I may be mildly exaggerating about him being the worst hooker in the comp by a considerable margin, he is definitely amongst the bottom 5 (taking first and second string hookers from each club into account).

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I don't think so. The Blues selectors have a bias against us. That's how it is.

Cookie has outplayed McInnes the last 5-6 times we have played you guys.

McInnes has improved no doubt but he doesn't have the explosiveness. Good to give away a few silly penalties too like today. It's becoming a habit.

I don't no what game some guys were watching who think McInnes was better!

Cooks passing is more crisp imo!

Rabbits20
Regardless of who may be better.
I think they will both be in the squad.
But to me cook is leading the race but mcinnes is to far behind.
Both are having good years

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Nope, he's shit. As mentioned, worst hooker in the comp. And I mean that, looking at the starting hookers going around I can't find one to which he is superior.

Yep, he is playing in a losing team. He's been doing that for pretty much his whole first grade career. And funnily enough, the silly club that gifted him 150 FG games seemed to improve exponentially once he left. None of this is coincidence.
Pfft. If you reckon he was our problem then pity you fool.

Drag Queen

Bench
Rabbits20
Regardless of who may be better.
I think they will both be in the squad.
But to me cook is leading the race but mcinnes is to far behind.
Both are having good years
They are Samy. I would hazard a guess that both will get called into the squad but Cookie will have an advantage now that Smith has released himself from Rep footy. Could be way off the mark though. I often am.

Drag Queen

Bench
It's nice that the only two people in Australia who think Mitch Rein is a bether player than Cameron McInnes have found each other on this forum.
I don't think he's a better player than McInnes but he's certainly not worse. I highly doubt that there are only two Australians who think this way. PS: I'm a Kiwi so count me out. I'm not into blame gaming but you probably are by the sounds of it. It seems to be a recurrent theme on this thread to blame incumbents that decided to leave. Or, we wanted someone to blame for our losses in the last three years. According to this thread it was Marshall and Rein that lead to our downfall. Throw in Dugan, Merrin and Morris who are all excellent players at their best. Big losses in my eyes. We beg to differ. No big deal.