What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
What about Yeo's interview? He praises everybody and talks about leaders (RCG) coming through with such modesty.

He reminds me of the sergeant in the Band of Brothers tv series which was based on true events that happened to an American airborne unit during WW2. The Lieutenant goes missing in action (PTSD), leaving his men without an officer in charge. After a fierce battle, a captain joins the men to take over in the Lieutenants absence. He calls the troop sergeant over and says something like 'the men didn't have lieutenant X to lead them but luckily they had a leader to look after them. The leader comforted those who were scared and cold, made sure the men got hot tea, always was the first to lead into battle, cared for the sick men and shared his food when he hadn't eaten himself. The men didn't need Lieutenant X, they already had a leader'. He looks at the Sergeant, who stares blankly at him. "You don't know who I'm talking about, do you Sergeant?". The Sergeant shakes his head. I'm talking about you Sergeant, you are their leader, they look to you and they follow you".

That's Yeo. Unassuming, no big noting himself, he just rolls up the sleeves and gets on with it just like that Sergeant (a real person BTW, what a hero). He talks about how good everybody else is. I'm talking about you, Yeo.

Reminds me of the time I suggested to him he'd make a good captain and he answered by saying he's got a long way to go and all that. Not a selfish egotistic bone in his body.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There’s a strong romour doing the rounds that Peach has had second thoughts and now wants to do a “DCE” and sign long term with us.

Exsilium

First Grade
There’s a strong romour doing the rounds that Peach has had second thoughts and now wants to do a “DCE” and sign long term with us.

I don’t think he ever wanted to leave. In saying that he’s a quality player who can cover every position but with May coming back and our centre pairing being Whare/Blake, I just can’t see where he’d be long term.

Hard to say whether this is a good thing

soc123_au

Staff member
I'd be trying everything to make him fit. He is aids as a 6, but you cant fault him on effort. The bloke has never not put in for us. He could have easily phoned it in this year. I cant recall which game it was, but one of the 14 - 0 starts, his try to win it at the death was all heart and determination. He had no right to score, but as he headed for the line you could just tell nothing was stopping him from scoring that try.

He has had a few shocking games, but not through lack of effort. He has won us more that a few as well. If we do keep him then he has to be given a spot and tell him it is his. If his form justifies it, then he keeps it.

OldPanther

Coach
I'd be trying everything to make him fit. He is aids as a 6, but you cant fault him on effort. The bloke has never not put in for us. He could have easily phoned it in this year. I cant recall which game it was, but one of the 14 - 0 starts, his try to win it at the death was all heart and determination. He had no right to score, but as he headed for the line you could just tell nothing was stopping him from scoring that try.

He has had a few shocking games, but not through lack of effort. He has won us more that a few as well. If we do keep him then he has to be given a spot and tell him it is his. If his form justifies it, then he keeps it.

That all sounds wonderful but which position do you give him and which player do you drop? Whare/Blake arr the centres whether we think it's good or not.

soc123_au

Staff member
That all sounds wonderful but which position do you give him and which player do you drop? Whare/Blake arr the centres whether we think it's good or not.
Whare goes to ISP. We will have injuries and for that reason he will still play more 1st grade than not.

The other option to aim for by the end of next season is May to Lock, JFH in the prop rotation and Peach as super sub.

Fitting it under the cap is Gus's problem...

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Of course it's a good thing.

Just proves how great the club is that players want to stay. Especially players that didn't grow up in the area or as supporters of the club so you know this is purely down to how well the club is run.

Whether it happens or not is irrelevant.

Exsilium

First Grade
Whare goes to ISP. We will have injuries and for that reason he will still play more 1st grade than not.

The other option to aim for by the end of next season is May to Lock, JFH in the prop rotation and Peach as super sub.

I can’t see him reneging to become a benchie unless but ultimately we’re nowhere near the dumb f**kery that is the Gold Coast Titans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Can he backflip is point one?

2nd point does he want to be a benchie and fill in?

Even if Whare goes down. DWZ and Yeo would be in front of him at centre in my mind. Late in the game off the bench is where he is best. He'd be my 1st change of the 2nd half but bench still

The Realist

Juniors
The thing that kills me about the Peach is that he would have been a KILLER dummy half/utility had he wanted to apply himself.

At one point Ivan told Peachey he intended to use him as a hooker and Peach flat out told him he was not interested in that position. That was a tense time with Peachey playing reserves and looking like he was going to bail. If he had worked on those skills he'd be the best utility in the game bar none and perhaps a gun #9 full stop.

At the moment he is the victim of his own raw talent and versatility...a jack of all trades....master of none, and with a bunch of masters around in all positions it is difficult to figure out where to play him, particularly to get value out of him if he wants big pay.

In my mind I'd like him playing at #13....but Hook looks like he favours a 'Big Man 13' (3rd Prop/Tight 2nd rower) rather than a ball playing lock which is out of favour in the current game.

OldPanther

Coach

Not saying it's a bad idea but it won't happen. They've just signed Whare to a 5 year deal. He's definitely in the starting team and no way Peachey takes Waqa Blake's spot.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not saying it's a bad idea but it won't happen. They've just signed Whare to a 5 year deal. He's definitely in the starting team and no way Peachey takes Waqa Blake's spot.

I don't think Whare would be on that much that we couldn't punt him if we wanted. Defensively he is still sound attack has been down but will be outside Cleary so should see more ball. That said nothing to even say yet to drop him let alone punt

tripster

Juniors
I don't think Whare would be on that much that we couldn't punt him if we wanted. Defensively he is still sound attack has been down but will be outside Cleary so should see more ball. That said nothing to even say yet to drop him let alone punt

I thought in attach he looked the best he has looked all season in the Knights games. He ran the ball a lot more and showed some bursts of acceleration that I hadn’t seen in a while. Perhaps it is just taking a long time for him to find form again after the ACL injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.