What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Game_Breaker

Coach
It's a tradition of comics for characters to die and then come back to life, so you have to accept that this will be a part of it. It's up to Marvel if they can do it in an original and/or satisfying way.

Gamora is supposedly trapped in the Soul Stone. I'd suggest that at least Heimdall and Loki aren't coming back, and based on their contracts and Chris Evans' comments, I'd say both Iron Man and cap will die or "retire" in Avengers 4. Thor was going to be added to that list but supposedly with the success of Ragnarok that may not be the case as Hemsworth really enjoyed it.

That’s true
But the MCU isn’t meant to be a comic book adaption, it’s a movie. Half the stuff in comic books will be crazy if adapted to film

Having half the characters instantly die knowing they’ll be back isn’t a great ending for a movie
Doesn’t make it a shit movie or anything, it’s just an empty feeling

Danish

Referee
That’s true
But the MCU isn’t meant to be a comic book adaption, it’s a movie. Half the stuff in comic books will be crazy if adapted to film

Having half the characters instantly die knowing they’ll be back isn’t a great ending for a movie
Doesn’t make it a shit movie or anything, it’s just an empty feeling

It’s not the just the coming back from the dead aspect for me. That happens in lots of movies.

IMO, it’s the fact that Thanos has achieved his plan. It’s over, mission accomplished. Assuming they do indeed reverse it all in the next movie then All stakes in the MCU are meaningless.

If they actually leave them all dead and destroy the time stone in the next film, I’ll take it all back

shiznit

Coach
It’s not the just the coming back from the dead aspect for me. That happens in lots of movies.

IMO, it’s the fact that Thanos has achieved his plan. It’s over, mission accomplished. Assuming they do indeed reverse it all in the next movie then All stakes in the MCU are meaningless.

If they actually leave them all dead and destroy the time stone in the next film, I’ll take it all back
Meh.... by the time the next movie comes along in a years time...

This movie will have got as much acclaim and most importantly have made as much money as it could...

So they will be happy to reverse it all to keep each of these billion dollar franchises alive.

The interesting thing for me has always been how were they going to do Thanos justice... and make him the badass they were building him up to be... but balancing that with providing impetus to the next phase of the MCU.

The first part they seemed to achieve... the 2nd part will be interesting...

beave

Coach
Saw it this arvo.

Not a massive comic book /superhero guy, it was okay I guess. Can pretty much tell they’ll use the time stone and reverse all Thanos’s cheekyness in the next one............

natheel

Coach
Saw it this arvo.

Not a massive comic book /superhero guy, it was okay I guess. Can pretty much tell they’ll use the time stone and reverse all Thanos’s cheekyness in the next one............

The Gauntlet was destroyed when Thanos snapped his fingers. And I think Thanos is in the soul world within the Soul Stone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thor goes and gets Dinklages character to help him make another gauntlet. It’ll be interesting to see how they actually get the stones again. Ant-Man is in the next one so I’m just keen for him to be part of it again

I watched it this arvo.

I’m neither pro or anti Marvel movies.

If a movie is good, it’s good.

This was ok. 2.5 / 5.

I did start to fall asleep a bit when Thor was forging with the giant dwarf but then had a chuckle and was back in.

I’ve never seen any Captain America’s and had no idea who the f**k Vision is, his hot missus with her nice tatties was or the dude with the apparently awesome machine gun was? Who was the merkin with the machine gun?

Charlize Theron whilst ultra sexy, was very 2D in her acting.

It was ok. Definitely not the the 90+ on rotten tomatoes.

Is Thanos Bruce Willis?

Frederick

Staff member
I watched it this arvo.

I’m neither pro or anti Marvel movies.

If a movie is good, it’s good.

This was ok. 2.5 / 5.

I did start to fall asleep a bit when Thor was forging with the giant dwarf but then had a chuckle and was back in.

I’ve never seen any Captain America’s and had no idea who the f**k Vision is, his hot missus with her nice tatties was or the dude with the apparently awesome machine gun was? Who was the merkin with the machine gun?

Charlize Theron whilst ultra sexy, was very 2D in her acting.

It was ok. Definitely not the the 90+ on rotten tomatoes.

Is Thanos Bruce Willis?
Charlize Theron? Not even in the movie. You thinking of Scarlett Johansson?

Josh Brolin is Thanos

Merkin with machine gun is Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Charlize Theron? Not even in the movie. You thinking of Scarlett Johansson?

Josh Brolin is Thanos

Merkin with machine gun is Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Lol :joy:. Mi scoozi.

Both Charlize and Scarlett are my favourites.

So Brolin is Thanos and a different bad guy in Deadpoo tool? Or have I f**ked that up also?

Parra Pride

Coach
Deadpool 2 is f**king hilarious and has an end credit scene that is better than any other Marvel has dished out and will never be topped.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The jokes were hilarious as expected

Not as good as the first one I thought. Maybe because there was no real villain? Not that you go watch Deadpool for the plot, but the first one had a simple plot, simple character motivations and flowed better

I didn't care for the fat kid either

and best post credit scene - probably the best joke of the whole movie

shiznit

Coach
The jokes were hilarious as expected

Not as good as the first one I thought. Maybe because there was no real villain? Not that you go watch Deadpool for the plot, but the first one had a simple plot, simple character motivations and flowed better

I didn't care for the fat kid either

and best post credit scene - probably the best joke of the whole movie
Hahaha!

Haven’t seen the movie yet...

But Ive actually had a wee bit to do with that fat kid... :joy::joy:

Good kid... naturally a very charismatic kid too.

I didn’t know him before he did Wilderpeople so it’s hard tell if he had a bit of a big head from his little bit of fame or whether he’s always been like that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hahaha!

Haven’t seen the movie yet...

But Ive actually had a wee bit to do with that fat kid... :joy::joy:

Good kid... naturally a very charismatic kid too.

I didn’t know him before he did Wilderpeople so it’s hard tell if he had a bit of a big head from his little bit of fame or whether he’s always been like that.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople was awesome and he was fantastic in it. Apparently he is great in this as well.

nick87

Coach
Saw both avengers and deadpool today
Had myself a nerd day, was awesome

I’ve got an issue with deadpool and I’m gonna try and explain this without spoilers in case merkins get angry at me.

But those wishing to avoid: don’t read this post

I think it would have made way more sense to have cable achieve his goal and realise via the personal item he carries not changing and then being forced to use his final charge to go back and do it DP’s way... the way they did it, by allowing shit to happen for him only then to jump back makes almost no sense, he had too many good reasons not to just head back home...

They do it the way I’m suggesting and it feels like everything just makes more sense

Otherwise I thought it was awesome

natheel

Coach
Jake Gyllenhaal is set to sign on to be the villain in the next Spider-Man Sequel. Mysterio is who he will play.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Jake Gyllenhaal is set to sign on to be the villain in the next Spider-Man Sequel. Mysterio is who he will play.

Sweeeeeeet.. I would totes turn for Jakey G, one of my fave actors over the last few years.

I saw Deadpool 2 over the weekend, I was a bit worried 30mins in as I thought they were pushing some of the jokes and cheesy-ness but the further it went the better it got and all in all it was a solid follow up to the original.

I think they could have used the Kiwi kid better, definitely built his relationship with DP more and also they definitely should have given him a few more gags... as mentioned he was fkn hilarious in Wilderpeople.

End Credit Scene was worth the price of admission alone, that was absolute gold.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Deadpool 2, I thought the start was a bit meh, then from the x-force scene it let up a great, funny tempo until the end. I think maybe a bit better than the 1st. 8.5/10

Latest posts