What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think their problem is player effort not coaching. Though you could say it's on him to get them up for games.

He has been coach since 2012 so the roster is all his. 47% win record 0 finals win. I'd hope if we had a coach with a similar record he would be given the boot

Fangs

Coach
Griffo and Mary were definately under pressure, don't worry about that.

And if either team has a collapse and misses the finals you'll see both former coaches at your local more frequently in 2019.

Kilkenny

Coach
Griffo and Mary were definately under pressure, don't worry about that.

And if either team has a collapse and misses the finals you'll see both former coaches at your local more frequently in 2019.

Why was Anthony Griffin under pressure? He guided the club to two successive top eight finishes and won his semi finals against the Bulldogs in 2016 & Sea Eagles in 2017 before bowing out in unfortunate circumstances on both occasions.

Almost at the half way point in 2018 and we are sitting in the top eight despite a horrific injury toll and an off season where it was suggested the club was a basket case with the players on the verge of a revolt against the coach.

We may well collapse in 2018, goodness knows our bad luck may continue and other stars players may succumb to season ending injuries, but Griffin's job is safe and secure whether you like it or not.

I actually think, having watched his last word with Hook video on the official Panthers website this evening he has really evolved in many respects. Yes he is still a little bland and boring, but he just seems more confident about the way he speaks and in his demeanour.

If Hook does get the sack I am sure his local will be in Brisbane somewhere so I don't anticipate seeing him in the Aussie Arms or Penrith Paceway where I frequent.

OldPanther

Coach
Why was Anthony Griffin under pressure? He guided the club to two successive top eight finishes and won his semi finals against the Bulldogs in 2016 & Sea Eagles in 2017 before bowing out in unfortunate circumstances on both occasions.

Almost at the half way point in 2018 and we are sitting in the top eight despite a horrific injury toll and an off season where it was suggested the club was a basket case with the players on the verge of a revolt against the coach.

We may well collapse in 2018, goodness knows our bad luck may continue and other stars players may succumb to season ending injuries, but Griffin's job is safe and secure whether you like it or not.

I actually think, having watched his last word with Hook video on the official Panthers website this evening he has really evolved in many respects. Yes he is still a little bland and boring, but he just seems more confident about the way he speaks and in his demeanour.

If Hook does get the sack I am sure his local will be in Brisbane somewhere so I don't anticipate seeing him in the Aussie Arms or Penrith Paceway where I frequent.

Make no mistake this season has saved Griffin. If it gets us top 4 and GF I don't care who's coaching.

franklin2323

Immortal
Make no mistake this season has saved Griffin. If it gets us top 4 and GF I don't care who's coaching.

No one here knows what the board expectation was those 1st 2 years though. Maybe given it was someone else's roster, new coach and young team they were happy with finals.

I still think if we had Blake for either year we make Atleast 1 PF. Which fans wanted him gone I see no reason why the board did

OldPanther

Coach
No one here knows what the board expectation was those 1st 2 years though. Maybe given it was someone else's roster, new coach and young team they were happy with finals.

I still think if we had Blake for either year we make Atleast 1 PF. Which fans wanted him gone I see no reason why the board did

I think the problem was starting poorly 2 years in a row. a 3rd year would be a bad habit.

OldPanther

Coach

To clarify my comment about poor starts. No team has won the comp from outside the top 4 in the NRL era. Our starts have prevented that in 2015/16. Thankfully we fixed it this year but it's no small thing for a club.

franklin2323

Immortal
To clarify my comment about poor starts. No team has won the comp from outside the top 4 in the NRL era. Our starts have prevented that in 2015/16. Thankfully we fixed it this year but it's no small thing for a club.

Brandy is hands on with the team. The chairman is seen in the sheds after the games so the board wouldn't be in the dark.

It all comes back to the board expectations. Did they really expect we would be a chance to win? If not then the start doesn't matter. New coach with another roster etc etc would of lowered expectations

OldPanther

Coach
Brandy is hands on with the team. The chairman is seen in the sheds after the games so the board wouldn't be in the dark.

It all comes back to the board expectations. Did they really expect we would be a chance to win? If not then the start doesn't matter. New coach with another roster etc etc would of lowered expectations

We fans have no idea obviously. Just demonstrating that there are valid reasons Griffin could have been ubder pressure in such a highly competitive job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts