What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2018 Predictions

Haffa

Winners - France
Runners Up - Germany

Golden Boot. Griezmann

Biggest Laugh. Harry Kane as England Captain

DC80

Juniors
Winners: Brazil
Runners up: France
Golden boot: Neymar

Can’t think of anything potentially funny as of now: Kane is probably the right choice as England captain as he’s the stand out player, although in saying that he is incredibly selfish.

Brazil are the most complete team.
World class goalkeeper Allisson, solid defence led by Thiago Silva, very balanced midfield, and an attack where even the world class Firmino isn’t first choice.

France have a ridiculous amount of talent, probably more than any other team. But they don’t have a settled team or a settled way of playing like Brazil do. They are unpredictable to call. Mbappe is the best teenager I’ve seen since the teenage Brazilian Ronaldo.

DC80

Juniors
I also like Brazil

I think England will be duds.
Have a sneaky feeling England will do pretty well, at least quarters.

Kane, Vardy, Sterling..that’s loads of pace upfront which will do damage. Delle Alli in behind Kane works well, plus I can see Loftus-Cheek emerging from this tournament as a major star (if he’s given a chance in midfield of course)...he’s a fabulous talent.

I expect Argentina to struggle big time. No defence, very average midfield, and but for Messi they would not have qualified. It’s a shame as a player of his talent merits lifting the trophy.

Mong

Post Whore
I predict i will be sleep deprived for a while and that we will all get to have a good laugh at England once again.

DC80

Juniors
I predict i will be sleep deprived for a while and that we will all get to have a good laugh at England once again.
With the egomaniac Kane as captain I want England to get battered. There’s something different about them this time though. The manager has gone for players in form, and youth. He’s also created a much tighter group than previous, they get on better. England have always suffered due to tribalism among the players...for example Scousers and Mancs in the squad getting along was very difficult. Their club affiliations was carried into the international set up. Plus you wouldn’t have found many Manc fans cheering on Gerrard, or Scousers cheering on John Terry. It’s club first country second for many of these players and fans.

The Aussies..,well if you get out of the group you will have done extremely well. France will top it, Denmark will be favourites for second. Aussies don’t have the stand out talent like a decade ago with Kewell, Viduka, Emerton, Moore etc.

Mong

Post Whore
They’d have to improve considerably on their qualifying form to get anywhere near a win.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Winners: Germany
Runners Up: Brazil

Golden Boot: Neymar

Funny Moment: Australia being bundled out in straight sets and complaining about the refereeing.

Deacon

First Grade
Cant wait, fly out in 2 wks. Got 6 games too see, not expecting much from us but it's a bucket list item.
Winners Germany or Spain

Jimbo

Immortal
CZE are hardly FRA, but it was good to see AUS bang a few in the other night

ggmu

Juniors
Winners: France
Runners Up: Brazil or Germany
Golden Boot: Lukaku
Biggest Laugh: Australia go out without scoring or the carry on from the English media when England go out in the round of 16

DC80

Juniors
Watching Brazil yesterday, this tournament is theirs to lose.

If everyone stays fit (especially Neymar unlike four years ago) and they also don’t have one of those incredibly unlucky games where they hit the post three times and the opposition pinch it with their one chance (Argentina vs Brazil at the 1990 World Cup) I can’t see past them lifting the trophy.

I’d give France a much better chance if they had a better coach.

abpanther

Staff member
one of those incredibly unlucky games where they hit the post three times and the opposition pinch it with their one chance (Argentina vs Brazil at the 1990 World Cup) I can’t see past them lifting the trophy.

I'll never forget that game, downright ridiculous that we won that

hellteam

First Grade
With the egomaniac Kane as captain I want England to get battered. There’s something different about them this time though. The manager has gone for players in form, and youth. He’s also created a much tighter group than previous, they get on better. England have always suffered due to tribalism among the players...for example Scousers and Mancs in the squad getting along was very difficult. Their club affiliations was carried into the international set up. Plus you wouldn’t have found many Manc fans cheering on Gerrard, or Scousers cheering on John Terry. It’s club first country second for many of these players and fans.

The Aussies..,well if you get out of the group you will have done extremely well. France will top it, Denmark will be favourites for second. Aussies don’t have the stand out talent like a decade ago with Kewell, Viduka, Emerton, Moore etc.

Why is Kane an egomaniac/selfish? Seems almost the opposite to me, especially for a superstar football player

ouryears

Bench
Winners: France
Runners Up: Brazil or Germany
Golden Boot: Lukaku
Biggest Laugh: Australia go out without scoring or the carry on from the English media when England go out in the round of 16
Biggest Laugh.
France fail to reach the final.
Or 0-0 draw with the Aussies.
LMAO

Latest posts