What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Clifferd

Coach
I think they have us beaten in the backs quite comfortably, our forwards will have to be the difference

Slater...inglis...munster...qld gagai on their day can carve up any side

King hit

Coach
I think they have us beaten in the backs quite comfortably, our forwards will have to be the difference

Slater...inglis...munster...qld gagai on their day can carve up any side

Will Gagai score without Thurston to cherry pick tries from?

King hit

Coach
Hunt is handy replacement if picked, plus qld gagai is a different human being to club gagai

Yeah but he won't have Thurston or Cronk feeding him lollies this time. That pretty much is where all of his origin tries come from, just like Boyd. Widdop really has been the architect of the Dragons whilst Hunt has been good but not as influential. Have a feeling that Hunt will just wind up as a RL Jimmy Maher or Brad Hodge. Good club player but doesn't offer much above that

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah but he won't have Thurston or Cronk feeding him lollies this time. That pretty much is where all of his origin tries come from, just like Boyd. Widdop really has been the architect of the Dragons whilst Hunt has been good but not as influential. Have a feeling that Hunt will just wind up as a RL Jimmy Maher or Brad Hodge. Good club player but doesn't offer much above that

We’ll see. So another Mitch Pearce then? ;)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Not sure of his form being good enough. But yeah add Gillett and McGuire back into this side and it looks very competitive.

I know im obviously biased but papalii since settling into lock and losing a little bit of weight has been really good for us.

His first game at lock wasnt crash hot but since then he has run over 100m a game with good post contact metres and had a 200m game against the sharks (92m post contact apparently)

He is getting back to his best form

Reactions: gUt

isaiah

Bench
Who are players around the fringes of selection who can push in with a great game this round or drop out with a clanger?

big hit!

Bench
Who are players around the fringes of selection who can push in with a great game this round or drop out with a clanger?
DCE - then again, Smith & Thurston will be around camp/at the games most likely so he probably has no chance

big hit!

Bench
prediction

FB: Slater
RW: Gagai
RC: Chambers
LC: Inglis
LW: Holmes
FE(L): Munster
HB (R): Hunt
AH: McCulloch (if NQ were playing well, probably Granville but the form has f**ked him)
RF: Kaufusi
LF: Cooper (left side options are limited)
MF: Papalli (McGuire out?)
PF: Scott
PF: Napa
IC: Glasby
IC: Wallace
IC: Arrow
IC: Morgan

18 Ponga - have him in camp. could very well be needed if Slater's body doesn't hold up for entire series, although QLD have experienced options such as Boyd should Billy break down

wouldn't be surprised to see any young eligble Broncos forwards as bolters, considering Myles and Locky are advisors.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
prediction

FB: Slater
RW: Gagai
RC: Chambers
LC: Inglis
LW: Holmes
FE(L): Munster
HB (R): Hunt
AH: McCulloch (if NQ were playing well, probably Granville but the form has f**ked him)
RF: Kaufusi
LF: Cooper (left side options are limited)
MF: Papalli (McGuire out?)
PF: Scott
PF: Napa
IC: Glasby
IC: Wallace
IC: Arrow
IC: Morgan

18 Ponga - have him in camp. could very well be needed if Slater's body doesn't hold up for entire series, although QLD have experienced options such as Boyd should Billy break down

wouldn't be surprised to see any young eligble Broncos forwards as bolters, considering Myles and Locky are advisors.
No coen Hess?

big hit!

Bench
No coen Hess?

I'd only have him in the squad if Kaufusi can't play 80 mins. He's a right edge forward. I don't think he belongs in the middle rotation. He wasn't good for QLD in that role last series. Klemmer and Jake Trb had their way with him and perhaps Walters will realise that too. A lot of years for him to get back in

isaiah

Bench
Slater is out for the storm tonight. I am sure he will be fine in twelve days, but if not, would you go Boyd or ponga?