What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
A question for you Suit - you know more about building than me.

When I kind of visited the site the other day I noticed the grandstand roofing is a canvas type material which appears to almost being sown together. Is that right?

Also I noticed this roof material dips to be anchored to the posts below it - but wouldn't that fill up with water? How does it drain away? Sorry if this is a dumb question and maybe I didn't look close enough but It had me scratching my head. I also may not be explaining this too well but I think you know what I mean if you saw it.

Looking f**king great by the way.

forward pass

Coach
Because .... I was watching .... Peter Overton .... nine 9 news.

Did you notice before the commercial break when they previewed that story coming up the large graphic showed Eels v Waratahs !! I think they meant Eels v Wanderers! I was thinking wtf?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A question for you Suit - you know more about building than me.

When I kind of visited the site the other day I noticed the grandstand roofing is a canvas type material which appears to almost being sown together. Is that right?

Also I noticed this roof material dips to be anchored to the posts below it - but wouldn't that fill up with water? How does it drain away? Sorry if this is a dumb question and maybe I didn't look close enough but It had me scratching my head. I also may not be explaining this too well but I think you know what I mean if you saw it.

Looking f**king great by the way.

you'll find that when it is installed and tensioned that water wont accumulate and it will be tensioned so that the rainwater will run off it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they may have retention onsite, depends on the hardstand area which I imagine will be significant enough to warrant on site storage,

so yes

strider

Post Whore
The roof covering is currently only under the roof structure ... is there to be nothing on top?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On site detention system does not necessarily mean recycling for irrigation but, right ?

correct

OSD is to slow down the rate at which the rain water enters the storm water system, as sometimes it falls faster than it can be drained away

it can be recycled though for irrigation or cistern flushing

amitropo

Juniors
The roof covering is currently only under the roof structure ... is there to be nothing on top?
Could be temporary to assist construction for wet days or maybe secondary component to top. Doubt they will have beams exposed to weathering like that

Suitman

Post Whore
Could be temporary to assist construction for wet days or maybe secondary component to top. Doubt they will have beams exposed to weathering like that

I believe this is it.
Nothing covering the exposed structural steel on top. I sourced the videos and this is how it looks at the end and in the videos from the State Govt..

I'm a bit worried that we are getting a cheap arsed stadium, even though it looks a cracker atm. I've thought this for quite a while but haven't said anything yet. Until now.
I also think that the egress stairs are extremely small. I know there is a lot of them, but geez, it looks like it will be a shit fight getting out of the place.

Gronk

Staff member
I believe this is it.
Nothing covering the exposed structural steel on top. I sourced the videos and this is how it looks at the end and in the videos from the State Govt..

I'm a bit worried that we are getting a cheap arsed stadium, even though it looks a cracker atm. I've thought this for quite a while but haven't said anything yet. Until now.
I also think that the egress stairs are extremely small. I know there is a lot of them, but geez, it looks like it will be a shit fight getting out of the place.

Has to meet BCA code so it will be sweet.

Suitman

Post Whore
Has to meet BCA code so it will be sweet.

Obviously.
I'm more talking about cheap arsed facilities.
As much as I think this will be a great stadium for us Westies, and it will be, I can just see the short cuts being taken, and I always have seen this. Not much we can do about it now though.
I'm still ecstatic at what will be the end result though.
A vast improvement upon the shithole we had before.

forward pass

Coach
I believe this is it.

I agree. I was shocked when I saw the size of the stair wells. It does appear to look a bit cheap. Are walls going to wrap around the outside of the stands - or just one section only?

I think Stuart Ayres is getting a bit over excited comparing that stadium to Perth. Ha. You are kidding.

Latest posts