What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths should be favourites for the premiership

BranVan3000

Coach
I honestly don’t care too much what we are doing right now. We honestly were even more dominant than this in 2013 but it didn’t matter because we weren’t peaking at finals

DC_fan

Coach
Bunnies fans should be happy, they’re a damn good side playing footy that is light years away from the junk they played under Maguire. The 2 late tries will serve as a warning that they aren’t home & hosed yet.

Agree. I thought our last 5 min tonight was ordinary. It should be a wake up call for the team.

DC_fan

Coach
Let’s see how mature they are about that. We can easily get ambushed by a lower placed team shaping up to us

We have won our last 5 straight against some good opposition. But that doesn’t guarantee anything for the next four, regardless of the opposition.

BranVan3000

Coach
I decided to watch 2014 Premiership again. Honestly we are nowhere near that level right now, so still lots of improvement needed even if we are looking good

Clifferd

Coach
I’m starting to believe the souffs hype

When do they play Penrith next? Would be a belter

BunniesMan

Immortal
This thread needs more @BunniesMan
BM's wisdom is the weeks before this one showed we have the top end talent to go all the way, yesterday showed we also have crucial depth to withstand the origin headaches as well as any potential future injuries.

We are unquestionably the form team of the comp. Dominating forwards, the best hooker in the game, halves who control the game, and outside backs who know how to score plenty. Both attack and defense, we have the best attack in the game and a top 4 defense.

In my mind the premiership contenders are Souths (best attack), Panthers (best defense) , Dragons and Storm. In that order.

I can smell premiership number 22.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I decided to watch 2014 Premiership again. Honestly we are nowhere near that level right now, so still lots of improvement needed even if we are looking good
We started that season 1-3 and after 10 weeks were still only 5-5. We were mediocre in those early weeks. We are much closer to premiership form now than we were at this point in 2014.

You're right we have room to improve but we're closer than any other team to going all the way.

Latest posts