What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters dilemma in 2019: Cordner, Crighton and Radley are the three best second rowers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
Must have been a different Boyd Cordner who was the sole try scorer and MOTM in the World Cup final.
Must have been a different Wade Graham who scored 4 tries in a world cup game.

Boyd Cordner is so shit Australia coild only score one try with him in the team.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's based on your blind hatred.

What about test matches?
The hatred is hilarious.

Last year Cordner was in our top 3 players in every game. He was a peak Craig Fitzgibbon
clone; absolutely immense and - SBW 2013 aside - played as consistently well as any edge backrower I've seen.

It's why he was the Roos first forward picked and MotM in that World Cup final.

And yet if you listened to blind opposition fans you'd think he was at best a solid 1st grader like, say, Isaah Yeo, or at worst some random plodder like Jason Clark.

The stupidity is spectacular.

betcats

Referee
The hatred is hilarious.

Last year Cordner was in our top 3 players in every game. He was a peak Craig Fitzgibbon
clone; absolutely immense and - SBW 2013 aside - played as consistently well as any edge backrower I've seen.

And yet if you listened to blind opposition fans you'd think he was at best a solid 1st grader like, say, Isaah Yeo, or at worst some random plodder like Jason Clark.

The stupidity is spectacular.

He is shit this year. You think Phil Gould doesn't know footy? He runs one line, he doesn't pass and his game hasn't developed at all over the years, that's straight from one of the greatest league minds alive today and a guy who loves the rorters. Boyd is an effort guy with not much in arsenal besides trying hard. But yeah its only dumb fans that don't rate him. Chooks fans are the only ones who still think he is elite.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
He is shit this year. You think Phil Gould doesn't know footy? He runs one line, he doesn't pass and his game hasn't developed at all over the years, that's straight from one of the greatest league minds alive today and a guy who loves the rorters. Boyd is an effort guy with not much in arsenal besides trying hard. But yeah its only dumb fans that don't rate him. Chooks fans lol.
Phil Gould signed Tamou to a massive long term deal.

Clearly, he doesn't know everything.

Also his comments were clearly an intended rev up. But that probably went over your head.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He is shit this year. You think Phil Gould doesn't know footy? He runs one line, he doesn't pass and his game hasn't developed at all over the years, that's straight from one of the greatest league minds alive today and a guy who loves the rorters. Boyd is an effort guy with not much in arsenal besides trying hard. But yeah its only dumb fans that don't rate him. Chooks fans are the only ones who still think he is elite.
And you're right it is only dumb fans that don't rate him.

All the minds at the selection table clearly rate him very highly.

But betcats knows better right? Oh dear. That's vanity.

betcats

Referee
And you're right it is only dumb fans that don't rate him.

All the minds at the selection table clearly rate him very highly.

But betcats knows better right? Oh dear. That's vanity.

I'd back Goulds opinion over the selection panel every day of the week. But tommy knows better right? Lol you muppet. Freddy is a former roosters captain he got boyd in there obviously.

betcats

Referee
Phil Gould signed Tamou to a massive long term deal.

Clearly, he doesn't know everything.

Also his comments were clearly an intended rev up. But that probably went over your head.

Yeah signing tamou has really hurt Penrith, look at us struggle away in the top four with 5 or 6 regulars missing.

No it wasn't a rev up, it was far to personal and specific to be a rev up. It was a genuine opinion, Gus did not think he deserved to be selected. But hey Tommy knows better than Gus right? lol.

Valheru

Coach
Who hasn't carved up for Australia? Its nearly impossible to suck when your team are $1.01 favorites for every match.

If you can't find where he has been an elite 2nd rower over 138 NRL games from 2013 then I can't help you.

Penrith fans like to pretend that didn't happen. There is something not right with that bunch.

He is shit this year.

He is currently leading the Roosters player of the year tally on the roosters sub forum (as of end of round 10)

Lambretta

First Grade

"I love all this talk about lines" - Andrew Johns (allegedly........ probably not)

Lambretta

First Grade
I want to see a thread about what Trent Robinson will do when Cooper Cronk decides to make the move to second row - I mean I understand the comp will be over before it's begun, that goes without saying

But what does Trent think?