What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

BennyV

Referee
Well considering I’ve only commented on 1 Manly player, as most Manly players are junk, I don’t understand what you’re trying to get at. Do you think JDB is better than Trbojevic? It’s ok if you do, say so, don’t try for a funny one liner which falls flat due to poor logic.
So now a Manly fan vouching for a Manly players being classified as ‘that guy from my team’ is poor logic? Makes sense!

Anywho, I’m a big fan of JDB but I’m sure some of that is Dragons bias. I think he’s the best front on defender in the comp in terms of impact, technique and line speed. He’s got some great attacking tools too but often gets too caught up in trying to be a link man/ballplayer (which is robotic and predictable from him) when his strength is making aggressive metres over the advantage line and getting quick play the balls.

I’ve not paid particularly close attention to Jurbo but when I have seen him, I’ve not quite seen the hype - very good player, decent defender and good ball skills in the James Graham mould but he’s I wouldn’t say he’s elite. Almost seems like he’d be better suited to prop. Helped by sharing a surname with Tom.

Due to those reasons (ie bias and not paying as much attention to Jake as to Jack) I can’t really comment on who is better. Happy to have them both there though.

Spot On

Coach
No excuses about the crap selections like 12 of the last 13 years whingeing. They have given you almost all of who you want. Good luck. You have speed, you have 'form' players. Enjoy.

Someone check on Brisbanecentric please.

After all his concern about RCG's post contact metres, Regan ran for pretty much the same metres as Wallace and Napa combined.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Wallaces post contact metres were terrible. papalii was about the only queenslander who could bend the line.

pretty happy with the team tbh. should be better for the hit out. obviously i have club biases for cotric but he just has to be patient and wait for a spot. everyone did their job

Last Week

Bench
Few things to work on. When Queensland were on top, I felt it was because we weren't pressuring their kickers. It was hardly there.

There was talk in commentary about NSW not hitting hard in defence. I think they held back a bit because we were covering the offloads and any support runners. They moved as a line. I was pretty happy with the defence.

Maloney was hot and cold. Not as big a liability in defence as I expected.

Cleary was smothered all game. Pressured on his kicks well. His long kicking game suffered from it. For him to be successful, he just needs to get our backs the ball in space. He has plenty of options.

I didn't like moving Frizell away from the right edge. He was terrorising Munster and that whole edge. Should have stayed there with Crichton playing in the middle. Although I'd prefer De Belin play more minutes.

Queensland need to bite the bullet. Again. Bring back Scott. Bring in Ponga on the bench. Chambers needs to bit of a kick up the arse too.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wallaces post contact metres were terrible. papalii was about the only queenslander who could bend the line.

pretty happy with the team tbh. should be better for the hit out. obviously i have club biases for cotric but he just has to be patient and wait for a spot. everyone did their job

Can see Matt Scott coming in next game. Wouldn't have mattered due to the shoulder charge suspension but I thought he should have been selected game 1.

JJ

Immortal
Fe
I didn't like moving Frizell away from the right edge. He was terrorising Munster and that whole edge. Should have stayed there with Crichton playing in the middle. Although I'd prefer De Belin play more minutes.

Yep, this - Tyson IMO should stay on the edge, and rather than having Crichton on the bench probably should have another middle? When RCG and Klemmer first went off they seemed to lack a bit of punch

Peachey can cover the edge if needed

big hit!

Bench
Yep, this - Tyson IMO should stay on the edge, and rather than having Crichton on the bench probably should have another middle? When RCG and Klemmer first went off they seemed to lack a bit of punch

Peachey can cover the edge if needed

Agree, I don't get the point of an exclusive right edge forward in Crichton on interchange when there's another bloke in Peachy there who is versatile to play on either edge and other positions. Replace Crichton with another prop/middle forward and keep Peachy. No slight on Angus (I'm also a rabbits supporter) but it just doesn't work. Frizell was also the fall guy last series when Graham was brought onto the left edge and Cordner moved to the right after 20' of that series.

betcats

Referee
Bring in Sims off the bench. Need more aggression from the bench imo, I'd think about starting Turbo or Vaghaun and bringing RCG off the bench also.

Overall our forwards need to be meaner and we will blow QLD out in game 2, I want them looking to hurt merkins ala GI last night.

Reactions: JJ

BennyV

Referee
No one shat the bed, ergo, no unforced changes needed. Allow the squad to grow together.
True, but complacency was a big f**k up for us last year too. We can still improve. Jimmy the Jet wasnt very effective (although GI was in beast mode) but I think he still offers enough to see out the series, or at least Game 2. The big one for me is Crichton - nothing against him but Friz should not be moved from the edge so there's not really much point in having him there. Would be better off with someone like Sims who provides impact from the bench and can be as effective in the middle as he is on the edge.
Vaughan seemed shaky when he started and didnt seem to have the punch he usually does, but worked his way into it so is worth holding onto. Wouldnt even consider changing anyone else.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
As much as i like Crichton i dont think the balance on our bench was as good as it could have been. as others have said above Friz was giving Munster massive problems on the edge and shouldn't have been moved. Klemmer was great and RCG was better in his second stint i just think we are one middle forward short.

Merrin, James, Sims?

OldPanther

Coach
As much as i like Crichton i dont think the balance on our bench was as good as it could have been. as others have said above Friz was giving Munster massive problems on the edge and shouldn't have been moved. Klemmer was great and RCG was better in his second stint i just think we are one middle forward short.

Merrin, James, Sims?

Merrin or Sims. Either one would be good. Not that bothered about Ryan James.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Merrin or Sims. Either one would be good. Not that bothered about Ryan James.

yeah id take those two first as well.. only reason i put James's name there was because he was essentially told he was in the team till they went with Klemmer at the last minute.

if i had to chose id take Merrin..

hrundi99

First Grade
yeah id take those two first as well.. only reason i put James's name there was because he was essentially told he was in the team till they went with Klemmer at the last minute.

Cotric in for Roberts to get some metres out of our end.

isaiah

Bench
Someone check on Brisbanecentric please.

After all his concern about RCG's post contact metres, Regan ran for pretty much the same metres as Wallace and Napa combined.
It's ok, one game doesn't make a series. Rcg seemed a bit overawed early but enjoyed tackling Milford later

OldPanther

Coach

He'd do a good job.

Cotric in for Roberts to get some metres out of our end.

Roberts looks like his Achilles is annoying him so Cotric would be a good option.