What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW origin side.

blacksafake

First Grade
If so, a bit rough. Inch perfect grubber for Gagai's try, solid in defence and kicking game was decent. If anything, Munster was pretty quiet and had suspect defence. Anyway, better for us if they drop him but would be harsh.
Can’t see them dropping him, kevvie loves him. Some clowns expected him to run the ball all night knowing his on 1 leg. Apparently only ran for 2 sessions leading up to the game so he’ll be better for it.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would not even think to change the side (barring injury). They can learn a lot, stick together as a complete unit and push like crazy to wrap it up in Sydney.
There won't be any changes to the side. There is more chance of Mary making a change than there is of Freddy making any changes to NSW, barring injury or suspensions.

gitano

Juniors
Pretty average game in my opinion. Some good hits early but faded into a pretty standard nrl quality fixture

ouryears

Bench
Pretty average game in my opinion. Some good hits early but faded into a pretty standard nrl quality fixture
Pretty average in my opinion too Gitano. I became bored, not often can I say that for a SOO game. Lucky for us Slater, Smith, JT and Cronk weren't playing, as if they were QLD would have won by 30+.

NSW seem to be missing an enforcer type forward plus a tough, robust, hard running centre.

nontime111

Juniors
well done my NSW friends!! amazing game, Im still proud of QLD effort I expected to be thrashed.....

Im still cranky at Kevvie playing it safe with Morgan at fullback, I think Ponga would have gone well, so happy for all my friends here enjoy the win lads

True_Believer

Juniors
Thought the game was incredibly quick tonight.
Marvellous what can happen when you don't have a bloke in a maroon 9 flopping in, slowing down the play and questioning refs all night.
The quicker style certainly was to our advantage

And then he had the hide to say after the game that he couldn't understand why every game in the NRL couldn't be like this. He's such an asshat.

Not only that, Fatty was bemoaning QLD only getting 1 penalty all game and that after the 4th minute or whenever the first penalty was, NSW was a perfect side. And they wonder why the refs have made the decision to crack down. Seriously, none of them have any idea.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Pretty average in my opinion too Gitano. I became bored, not often can I say that for a SOO game. Lucky for us Slater, Smith, JT and Cronk weren't playing, as if they were QLD would have won by 30+.

NSW seem to be missing an enforcer type forward plus a tough, robust, hard running centre.
Agree with the need for an enforcer forward in NSW, I suppose Klemmer was meant to be that but it didn't happen. Our boys (JDB and Vaughan) are not 'enforcers' by nature, perhaps a fired up Simms could have been useful instead of the wasted Peachey on the bench....not that I have anything against Peach but let's face it, he was wasted on the bench.

MilanDragon

Juniors
If so, a bit rough. Inch perfect grubber for Gagai's try, solid in defence and kicking game was decent. If anything, Munster was pretty quiet and had suspect defence. Anyway, better for us if they drop him but would be harsh.

I can’t see Hunt being dropped, nor should he be.

Thought he did well, but he was definitely at fault for NSW first try in the second half. Came in incorrectly and then slipped over.

denis preston

First Grade

QLD by 30 + very easy to say ! Enforcers went out with punching bans and reduced interchange. Mitchell not robust & hard running enough for you ?

st penguin

Juniors
OK, time for a rant...Maloney is completely over-rated and should have cost this game.

One pass went for an intercept try.
Another forward pass gave QLD the ball which ended up in a QLD try.
The try by Addo-Carr came from a pass that was a good 2-3 meters forward.
The disallowed Addo Carr try came from a forward pass (I think - only saw it once)

Gus kept banging on about him having a hand in the other tries:
one was a simple catch and pass along the backline
the other was a hit and hope kick performed every weekend by every back in the comp

Then there was his "strategic" kicking. This consisted of stabbing the ball out early in the tackle count. GENIUS! One of them almost went out on the full!

I didn't think much of him in the dragons game to be honest and I think he could be a liability in the next two origin games.

But....who cares...NSW win and no dragons injuries.

I need a sit down

Drag Queen

Bench

Thought he did well, but he was definitely at fault for NSW first try in the second half. Came in incorrectly and then slipped over.

Just re-watched it sober and thought Hunt looked pretty good too. Cook looked impressive as well MD.

Latest posts