What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2018

There will be more penalties in the first 7 mins of our game this weekend than the entire 80 here
You could see players offside at 10m on wide shot.
As long as it only 8-9m and more than 1 it seemed to be let go.
A dozen ruck penalties in NRL games this year and a nice forward pass not even mentioned for a match winning try. (My guess is commentators don't want to hurt the product)

Blair

Coach
For NSW it's probably better if they lost that one.

Going into game two knowing they have to win would be the way to go, then they have momentum going into the decider.

Anyway, they're 1-0 up. Gus and co carrying like they did last year, about new dynasties, etc. I fear for them!

Maloney and Cleary will likely maintain their halves positions, meaning they'll miss the Warriors game?

For NSW it's probably better if they lost that one.

Going into game two knowing they have to win would be the way to go, then they have momentum going into the decider.

Anyway, they're 1-0 up. Gus and co carrying like they did last year, about new dynasties, etc. I fear for them!

Maloney and Cleary will likely maintain their halves positions, meaning they'll miss the Warriors game?

I saw Tommy with a beer next to Maloney. Hoping they get on it after their win. :)

Blair

Coach
Is it me or does everyone look tired.
Less penalties the cause?

'Intensity of Origin' to blame?

Nine really do go on about this 'product' don't they? And they openly refer to it as that.

'Australian sport's greatest rivalry'. That was from Warren, in a broadcast in Melbourne. The Vics would be bewildered by that comment.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Valentine Holmes picks off an intercept 90m try.
Maloney handed it to him on a plate.
8-6

I watched the game with the mrs (hence me not being in this thread during the game). She loved that moment and I was rapt too. You want some excitement when you've got a rare moment like that, her watching RL. I imagine the promoters thought that too, in regard to the Victorian audience.

The last game we watched together was the great Cowboys QF Qualifier last year. She liked those huge facemasks in the crowd too. I haven't seen them since, were they just a Cowboys-on-roll thing?

Ps, if you want the mrs on the couch (watching footy) the key is to buy one of those Aldi 'Heated Throw Blankets'. They're a winner.

Meth

Staff member
QLD pack were dominated. Napa, Wallace, Hess and Arrow all got squashed.

On one side, Inglis was smashing blokes. On the other side Chambers was groping at Tesdesco.

Cook was great.

Blair

Coach
There will be more penalties in the first 7 mins of our game this weekend than the entire 80 here

That's Origin.

After Tom T scored that try from an attacking bomb why did Qld then kick bombs to him for nearly every attacking play after that? Did they know something we didn't?

Meth

Staff member
That's Origin.

After Tom T scored that try from an attacking bomb why did Qld then kick bombs to him for nearly every attacking play after that? Did they know something we didn't?

Yeah, it was weird how they persisted with that. And they were doing it all night. It's clear that they were targeting Tom T in various ways. Didn't work.

Blair

Coach
You could see players offside at 10m on wide shot.
As long as it only 8-9m and more than 1 it seemed to be let go.
A dozen ruck penalties in NRL games this year and a nice forward pass not even mentioned for a match winning try. (My guess is commentators don't want to hurt the product)

Or is it the case of not trying to explain 'offside' and 'passing forward' to Victorians?! :confused:.