What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2018

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, it was weird how they persisted with that. And they were doing it all night. It's clear that they were targeting Tom T in various ways. Didn't work.

Would have been a pre game plan to hammer him, because over the last season and a half he has made a mountain of errors, after a while though you need to realise that the well is dry and explore somewhere else

Hoping he didn't save all his errors for Saturday

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
QLD pack were dominated. Napa, Wallace, Hess and Arrow all got squashed.

On one side, Inglis was smashing blokes. On the other side Chambers was groping at Tesdesco.

Cook was great.

Can we finally clear up that Napa is the most overrated cheap shot merchant in the game? He's shit. Plastic hard man who has little or no league skills at all. But hey, we love the biff.

Yeah, it was weird how they persisted with that. And they were doing it all night. It's clear that they were targeting Tom T in various ways. Didn't work.

Same theory that we kept bombing to Ken week after week in his first couple of years, even though he never took one cleanly. Some teams are just incapable of changing on the fly.

Would have been a pre game plan to hammer him, because over the last season and a half he has made a mountain of errors, after a while though you need to realise that the well is dry and explore somewhere else

Hoping he didn't save all his errors for Saturday

I think they though he was the least dangerous option with ball in hand vs Teddy and Mitchell/ Ado. But yes change your tactics.

Hope Tommy hit it hard last night after a great win! :)

This skin tight shirt thing they are going on about is weird.
Do they not all basically play in skin tight shirts now days?

Or is it the case of not trying to explain 'offside' and 'passing forward' to Victorians?! :confused:.

I felt there was a few forward passes in the game, but only just forward. The Maloney pass was at least 5m forward. Pointless having touchies.
1 penalty against NSW all game... hmmmm

Gus and co happy with the low count. But get the players at least 10m.

TheDMC

Bench
I felt there was a few forward passes in the game, but only just forward. The Maloney pass was at least 5m forward. Pointless having touchies.
1 penalty against NSW all game... hmmmm

Gus and co happy with the low count. But get the players at least 10m.
McCullough did three forward passes from dummy half, 2 first half and one second half none called. As a former halfback that part of rl shits me.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
This skin tight shirt thing they are going on about is weird.
Do they not all basically play in skin tight shirts now days?
Throughout the years Queensland were doing well, including last year, Queenslands apparel was made by Canterbury of New Zealand. New Zealands oldest rugby clothing brand and the former apparel makers of the All Blacks.

This year Queensland have gone with a brand called ISC. New South Wales, however, are now having their kit made by Canterbury. Maybe Canterbury gears are good luck.

JJ

Immortal
Inu had a run like that for a while from memory, GFs with the Eels, Warriors and Dogs

Lazarus won 3 with different clubs, big Galuvao played in GFs with 3 clubs as well
Lazarus is underrated IMO - tremendous player - should be mentioned in the immortal discussions, I expect he's in the HoF?

JJ

Immortal
Can we finally clear up that Napa is the most overrated cheap shot merchant in the game? He's shit. Plastic hard man who has little or no league skills at all. But hey, we love the biff.

Adam Blair says hello... better at the cheap shots, but has an offload... Napa at least has (admittedly not in as many games as people think) shown an ability to physically dominate - the last Warriors game, the one where he monstered Burgess - Blair just monsters halves when their back is turned

jaseg

Juniors
I think it was 5 premierships at 3 clubs - he was at the Raiders and Broncos for both of the last two back-to-back first grade premierships, wasn't he?

Incredible career. Only reason he's not in serious immortal discussions is because he was a prop, and they've been bizarrely underrated.

Blair

Coach
I think it was 5 premierships at 3 clubs - he was at the Raiders and Broncos for both of the last two back-to-back first grade premierships, wasn't he?

Incredible career. Only reason he's not in serious immortal discussions is because he was a prop, and they've been bizarrely underrated.

A dream career really. For Canberra, an unused bench player in the '87 GF, won in '89 & '90, lost in '91. His former Raiders coach poached him to Brisbane where he won in '92 & '93.

Finished his career with that memorable 'cartwheel' after winning the '99 GF with Melbourne.

In contrast, his political career looks messy. Much better than, 'nah, I'm buggered' Mal's though!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yep casual league fans wouldnt like him but those who a very good understanding of the game, can see how valuable an unsung hero like Lazarus was.