What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's a good place to watch games in Sydney CBD / Darlinghurst?

Benek

Juniors
Hey guys. I have a business trip to Sydney over round 15. Any recommendations for a pub or other place to watch the Warriors vs. Cowboys game in Sydney central or Darlinghurst area?

Or is NRL popular enough in Sydney that footy will be on almost anywhere?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’ll be on in most every pub, though you likely won’t get sound unless it’s a really sports focussed place.
I often just stream the commentary on my phone into one earbud if I’m watching in a pub, that way I can choose a pub with good atmos and beer.

Blair

Coach
Hey guys. I have a business trip to Sydney over round 15. Any recommendations for a pub or other place to watch the Warriors vs. Cowboys game in Sydney central or Darlinghurst area?

Or is NRL popular enough in Sydney that footy will be on almost anywhere?

Champ, Richard Morgan runs the Sydney Warrior Nation. Our fan bays at the grounds are arranged by this group. They're great guys.

For games not in Sydney they meet at The Palace Hotel in Haymarket, Sydney CBD (730-742 George Street).

Check out their Fb for updates or to contact Richard.

https://www.facebook.com/nswwarrior...lU7iTkppXl-bvkbxUJupfNUmIWG9YXrbuwffc&fref=nf

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Helm Bar at Darling Harbour is good.

The Aurora Hotel opposite Central Station is good too.

I'll probably do the same and head out for some after work beers and watch both Friday games.

Nothing better then filling yourself with piss after work on a cold Friday night in Sydney while watching the warriors play haha

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why don't we take the opportunity and have a meet up? I'm not usually working friday evenings (can always make arrangements to scratch the shift anyway)

Blair

Coach
Why don't we take the opportunity and have a meet up? I'm not usually working friday evenings (can always make arrangements to scratch the shift anyway)

I've been meaning to go to a meet with the Warrior Nation guys at The Palace. I think the hardcore are going up to Townsville next Friday though.

If there were some guys meeting up from this forum I'd come along if I wasn't working. We should go to The Palace when everyone from Warrior Nation is there. The publican's set up a Warriors' themed bar with subsidised drinks.

Last edited:

shinobi

Juniors
Second the sports bar at the cas. Good place to watch footy. York 75 is a sports bar but its super busy and people arent even really there for the sport.

Latest posts