What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
we have Boyd Cornder, hated by his own people
And here is a collective snapshot of every family not only in Australia,but around the world and on the ISS (International Space Station) for every time Chambers fooked up.

Attachments

• Family LOL.png
    Family LOL.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 6

OldPanther

Coach

Maloney's "forward" pass. The math.

Rs_Simmo:

"There's been debate over the Maloney ball, so I thought I'd break it down .

Maloney recieves the ball 16 metres out at 1.65 seconds. For arguments sake I'll say 15 metres just to humour you. At 2.65 seconds, he releases the ball, 11 metres out from the Tryline.

This puts his initial speed at 4 metres per second.

At 3.79, Addo Carr catches the ball, 9 metres out from the queensland line.

The ball travels through the air at a total time of 1.13 seconds, and travels 2 metres towards the queensland Tryline. This puts the ball at a longitudinal speed of 1.77 metres per second.

Therefore, at the time of Maloney Passing the ball, he takes a speed of 2.23 m/s off the ball, meaning he throws it behind him, remembering that a pass is judged in relation to the passer, NOT THE GROUND"

Just a quick edit for those mentioning "curving the ball"

The Magnus effect is the reason why balls curve and swing through the air. A spiral thrown ball has the spin on the wrong axis to create such an effect."

GongPanther

Referee

Maloney's "forward" pass. The math.

Rs_Simmo:

"There's been debate over the Maloney ball, so I thought I'd break it down .

Maloney recieves the ball 16 metres out at 1.65 seconds. For arguments sake I'll say 15 metres just to humour you. At 2.65 seconds, he releases the ball, 11 metres out from the Tryline.

This puts his initial speed at 4 metres per second.

At 3.79, Addo Carr catches the ball, 9 metres out from the queensland line.

The ball travels through the air at a total time of 1.13 seconds, and travels 2 metres towards the queensland Tryline. This puts the ball at a longitudinal speed of 1.77 metres per second.

Therefore, at the time of Maloney Passing the ball, he takes a speed of 2.23 m/s off the ball, meaning he throws it behind him, remembering that a pass is judged in relation to the passer, NOT THE GROUND"

Just a quick edit for those mentioning "curving the ball"

The Magnus effect is the reason why balls curve and swing through the air. A spiral thrown ball has the spin on the wrong axis to create such an effect."
That is what I exactly meant to the letter in my earlier post.:)

Lebbo73

Bench
Doing deliveries this morning and a bloke at the store we just stopped at went on and on about Maloney's 'forward' pass. It's priceless listening to the whinging whenever Queensland loses.
I’ve been saying for a long time now that refs deliberately manipulate games. Wednesday night was a classic example with that obvious forward pass and the unmissable strip on Gagai after the ref yelled out held three times before NSW released him.

Spot On

Coach
Gagai dropped the pill. There has to be some responsibility to hold the ball. If that was a strip there would be a penalty blown each and every tackle where the defenders hand brushes past the ball.

Gagai farked up.

Lebbo73

Bench
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...e/news-story/1dfdd008335291b7f28798b0d0ef95fc

what's more alarming about that vid is how disorganised the QLD defence was. Munster came up with the initial miss, but was inside Cooper as the #4 defender. Munsters poor attempt to even slow Teddy down led to a Napa jersey grab. And Hunt's attempt is reason enough as to why he should never be playing as a hooker at this level - Milford replaced McCulloch and was defending on the right as the #3. I don't watch too many Broncos games - does McCulloch not play 80 mins? In hindsight, you'd keep the spine as is and probably would've had Ponga on bench and brought him on and moved Morgan somewhere in the final 20 mins. Still Teddy took advantage of some poor defending there. At least Morgan stopped him somewhat but needed to wrap him up.

Should've all bee moot though. Pass was forward.
McCulloch isn’t an 80min player. Not at Origin level he isn’t. He lacks the stamina needed to be a very good rake. At club level he’s spent after 80mins. You very rarely get this impression from Smith at the end of a club game!

Broncoandy

Juniors
I’ve got it on good authority that game 2 will be officiated differently after Kevvie had a word to Sutton.

Last edited:

Lebbo73

Bench
Gagai dropped the pill. There has to be some responsibility to hold the ball. If that was a strip there would be a penalty blown each and every tackle where the defenders hand brushes past the ball.

Gagai farked up.
No he didn’t. The NSW player reefed one of his arms away with force causing the ball to come free. It was a deliberate manipulation of a football game by the refs. I can guarantee to you that Game 2 will be reffed fair and squarely. They know NSW should win at home but they want there to be a chance of a decider.

TheFrog

Coach
I’ve been saying for a long time now that refs deliberately manipulate games. Wednesday night was a classic example
If you believe that then you'd have your house and then some on Qld at $3.45 in Sydney. Very very very tempting but I'm not a gambling man.

I reckon if refs were going to determine the outcome they'd have given it to Qld, with game 2 being in Sinny.

I'm interested to know how the refs rendered Qld players incapable to tackling Tedesco and Cook. Mandies in the oranges?

Bazal

Post Whore
Nevermind, thinking of a different incident.

Gagai dropped it cold

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
No he didn’t. The NSW player reefed one of his arms away with force causing the ball to come free. It was a deliberate manipulation of a football game by the refs. I can guarantee to you that Game 2 will be reffed fair and squarely. They know NSW should win at home but they want there to be a chance of a decider.

Yes he did. The bloke stood up and dropped the pill. Gagai stuffed up. At best, Crichton's hand brushed past the ball. FFS the ball carrier must hold on to the ball until he has played it. Gags put a half baked act on after the decision didn't go his way but he pretty quickly knew he didn't hold on to it as he should have.

A'deliberate manipulation of a football game?' Lol, Was that the first game of footy you have watched?????

If anything, you need to have a massive whinge at the QLD selectors for their starting front row pair mate. That was plain 'dumb' on their behalf. A bit like Gag's dropped ball.

Last edited:

Broncoandy

Juniors
Yes he did. The bloke stood up and dropped the pill. Gagai stuffed up. At best, Crichton's hand brushed past the ball. FFS the ball carrier must hold on to the ball until he has played it. Gags put a half baked act on after the decision didn't go his way but he pretty quickly knew he didn't hold on to it as he should have.
You’re definitely not spot on with that post lol.

Lebbo73

Bench
If you believe that then you'd have your house and then some on Qld at $3.45 in Sydney. Very very very tempting but I'm not a gambling man.

I reckon if refs were going to determine the outcome they'd have given it to Qld, with game 2 being in Sinny.

I'm interested to know how the refs rendered Qld players incapable to tackling Tedesco and Cook. Mandies in the oranges?
I have said previously that NSW was the better side. That’s why I am not upset. Maybe also the fact that we’ve won the last thousand Origin series nearly. They want NSW to win this year but they would never rig a game. Game 2 will be reffed neutral and Game 3 will be reffed in Qld’s favour if NSW win Game 2. You can’t manipulate games if one team is absolutely killing another.
As for betting the house on Qld in Game 2, NSW will win at home.