What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Knights v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
Really good effort. The attitude on display was fantastic, their resolve in defence was incredible. We still lack the structure needed to get the best out of Watson but I thought he was great, posed a threat all game. Felt like there were a few dodgy calls in the first half that really hindered us; I still doubt the dropped ball from SKD went forward.

Penrith, Souths, Titans and now Roosters, for different reasons Pearce would have likely influenced a win. I think if the lads can keep their chins up and maintain this effort and attitude next week against Melbourne, we can beat the Bulldogs and have Pearce back fit and firing for a strong run home.

Also gutted for Buhrer. He might not be the most impactful player but his leadership and influence has been massive since he got here; sucks to see his season done with the ACL injury.

perverse

Referee
We would have beaten the Titans and maybe even Souths if he was there too. We need his direction badly. Such a shame he went down because this side has something...
At this stage I'm confident that we would have played finals this year if he doesn't go down. Brown should be safe for another 12 months I reckon, but he needs that big prop forward leader. We can't go another season without it if we're fair dinkum.

Frederick

Staff member
Really good effort. The attitude on display was fantastic, their resolve in defence was incredible. We still lack the structure needed to get the best out of Watson but I thought he was great, posed a threat all game. Felt like there were a few dodgy calls in the first half that really hindered us; I still doubt the dropped ball from SKD went forward.

Penrith, Souths, Titans and now Roosters, for different reasons Pearce would have likely influenced a win. I think if the lads can keep their chins up and maintain this effort and attitude next week against Melbourne, we can beat the Bulldogs and have Pearce back fit and firing for a strong run home.

Also gutted for Buhrer. He might not be the most impactful player but his leadership and influence has been massive since he got here; sucks to see his season done with the ACL injury.
When Pearce comes back Watson's game should flourish. At this stage he's got too much thinking to do with cogger at half not controlling the game.

Dave_

Juniors
Cogger is actually crap...I see why we let him go. He doesn't posess enough natural ability or physical attributes to say he'll ever be anything either. Brock Lamb has ability but he has major physical limitations that are never going to go away. I don't like seeing either of those players in our side tbh.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
It does suck losing Pearce and how much better we would be looking with him there.
Proud of the effort tonight but dumb stuff ruined any real chance we had of winning.
Still hopeful of making the finals this year but will need some good luck and continued improving performances.

Frederick

Staff member
Cogger is actually crap...I see why we let him go. He doesn't posses enough natural ability or physical attributes to say he'll ever be anything either. Brock Lamb has ability but he has major physical limitations that are never going to go away. I don't like seeing either of those players in our side tbh.
Not sure what it is but since Johns all the halves we've produced have been absolute f**king midgets who get dominated way too often.

perverse

Referee
Wonder how the special few flogs here are going to discredit his performance tonight? :rolleyes:
They'll point to his drop-ball, which was poor for sure. He made up for it ten times over, but there's still something there to focus on.

Haffa

Sione looks lean and noticeably for mobile. Much better defensively as well.

Great performance from him against quality opposition.

Spot On

Coach
Sione has put a couple of good games back-to-back now. I thought he was close to our best tonight

The line he ran and contact he took to then pop that ball back in to Ponga was awesome.

I can't criticise his defence the past 2 weeks either nor the teams as a whole. It has been a huge turnaround. Just hope they never go back to whatever was happening that month they were pathetic.

I think Guerra has been pretty bloody good for us for a few weeks now. He was outstanding again tonight.

PhilGould

Bench
Close to our best collective defensive performance of the year IMO. I think we win that if Pearce plays, we just lacked a real halfback when we were attacking their line.

Hard to get too annoyed at Herman over that last play when he was carrying our middle forwards for the rest of the game.

Connor was outstanding.

Latest posts