What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Frank Facer

First Grade
View attachment 20738

Well as someone else said much earlier on - " don't forget the chooks " . And what do you know , they are now squawking about signing Woods as they have room in their cap to be able to afford him , will wonders never cease !
I recall hearing/reading that Easts were close to 1 mil under the cap at the beginning of the season. They could do with another quality prop too.

I think we are way under our cap as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
I recall hearing/reading that Easts were close to 1 mil under the cap at the beginning of the season. They could do with another quality prop too.

Frank , I do hope that is the case for the Dragons , with the roosters , well they have always had the best accountants , those that possess real business sense and that being so they will always handle their money well . The main reason I have a go at them from time to time is that Manly is no longer the club that has money running out of its ear .

It's always good to know that a club that has 2 million dollar players are well under the cap, so nice to see the other 28 players are playing for beer money.

As much as I dislike Woods, he would be a handy pick up if Dogs paid half his salary.

Has good leg drive and is able to off load in traffic.

It would strengthen our pack and stop Cronulla from beefing up their forwards.

Bench would be:

LAM
Woods
Lawrie
Host/Sele/Leilua

Belta

Juniors
Red Dragon said;

“Aaron Woods, match winner for the Dragons!”

————————————————

Too right. And to think some on here thought he was worthless.

Crush

Coach
Red Dragon said;

“Aaron Woods, match winner for the Dragons!”

————————————————

Too right. And to think some on here thought he was worthless.
He's going to Sharks

Frank Facer

First Grade
As much as I dislike Woods, he would be a handy pick up if Dogs paid half his salary.

Has good leg drive and is able to off load in traffic.

It would strengthen our pack and stop Cronulla from beefing up their forwards.

Bench would be:

LAM
Woods
Lawrie
Host/Sele/Leilua
The media talk is that Easts are now in the mix to sign Woods too. That should make them odds on to sign him, because Politis usually gets his man.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Didn't do himself any favours against a fatigued Dragons pack. Saying that, he doesn't have to due Dogs cap problem.

At the start of the season the Roosters and thier media flunkies came up with this idea that they were “1 million” under the cap when they signed Cronk for a million just after giving Teddy a million.
The Tele published a list of thier players and thier payments, some of them were laughable, they had former SOO and International players playing for $200 grand a year.
Not just one, several of them.

Bench
I saw that doggies will only pay $150,000 of his contract price which means the club picking him up will need to pay the balance of his contract, $150,000.
Not worth it for a player like Woods

Gareth67

First Grade
Would not surprise me who they sign . I recall back in the early 70's when there was a fullback by the name of Russell Fairfax starting out on his career and the Dragons were to sign him .

The man's parents had arrived at the Taj Mahal and along with the officials were awaiting the arrival of Fairfax . Well he never arrived - the rorters caught him and signed him on the same night that he was meant to sign with the Dragons . The extremes that they will go to , but they are always under he cap . Fairfax was quite a decent player for those of you who are not familiar with the name .

Last edited:
Would not surprise me who they sign . I recall back in the early 70's when there was a fullback by the name of Russell Fairfax starting out on his career and the Dragons were to sign him .

The man's parents had arrived at the Taj Mahal and along with the officials were awaiting the arrival of Fairfax . Well he never arrived - the rorters caught him and signed him on the same night that he was meant to sign with the Dragons . The extremes that they will go to , but they are always under he cap . Fairfax was quite a decent player for those of you who are familiar with the name .
Yeah, and then barred him from thier leagues club for his hair, nice.