What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Greeting from Hawaii.

Just woke up to the great news! You’re all welcome, i knew I’d leave the country and not be able to see the game and the merkins would win.

Now I’ll get off the plane on Thursday arvo, bust my ass to get to ANZ and they’ll get pumped by Souths.

I heard Hawaii is a bit boring and over priced....... Shpuld of just went to the nepean river. Had the same experience.

Gronk

Staff member
Same. But Moses has also been shit.

Overreaction based on our results, rather his contribution . Moses has been great for us with his energy. His long kicking game has been poor, but TBH it’s been good line speed and pressure that has limited his opportunities. They need to work better as a team and always have 2 or 3 5th tackle options, so the opposition can’t easily target one player.

I think he takes the line on and manages the team OK. It is Norman who went missing at 6 anf King being lacklustre that bogged down our efforts.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok ... so heres the plan for the rest of the season ...

emjaycee catches a plane the day before the game and tells us all about it
You be in another country
Anyone got anything else? ... not that im supersticious or anything

Mr 85% talks in the future about the win.

84 Baby

Referee
I purely think that the benefits of playing young kids with the NSW (or QLD) Cup side for a bit is demonstrated, and that youngsters seem to fail more often without that stepping stone.

As others (84 Baby and or OA, I think) have mentioned with regards to Alvaro, there is absolutely a benefit to giving a player that stepping stone. Give him a taste and then when we have a fit option and the exemption is no longer valid, send him back to ISP and have him work on improving.
I said nothing of the sort. I said we should be blooding juniors as young as possible, especially into a loosing environment and f**k BA for not blooding a new junior every week. Clearly that also means our juniors are overrated piles of peppered shit

Gronk

Staff member
I heard Hawaii is a bit boring and over priced....... Shpuld of just went to the nepean river. Had the same experience.

Bullshit. Hawaii is a great place. It’s not overpriced and even with the $US you can eat there cheaper than Sydney.

Great for shopping if that’s your thing. There is an outlet shopping centre just outside of Honolulu that has premium brands at K-mart prices.

Hire a car and see North Shore, Sunset, Pipeline. Never been to Maui but apparently beautiful.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bullshit. Hawaii is a great place. It’s not overpriced and even with the $US you can eat there cheaper than Sydney.

Great for shopping if that’s your thing. There is an outlet shopping centre just outside of Honolulu that has premium brands at K-mart prices.

Hire a car and see North Shore, Sunset, Pipeline. Never been to Maui but apparently beautiful.

Shoe shopping

Gronk

Staff member
I said nothing of the sort. I said we should be blooding juniors as young as possible, especially into a loosing environment and f**k BA for not blooding a new junior every week. Clearly that also means our juniors are overrated piles of peppered shit

But those days are gone. If we had a player in Flegg that has come from nowhere and is playing out of his skin, how do you get him on the paddock ? Answer is you can’t unless you have a bunch of ACLs or off field incidents so you can sack nuffies.

If your top 30 are fit but playing shit, the NRL wont let you play the next Andrew Johns or Jarryd Hayne no matter how good they are.

That’s how I understand it anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hawaii is not my cup of tea. No pun intended.

Beaches a volcano and a few palm trees doesnt do it for me.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So the players got a flight home last night according to social media - so basically didn’t sleep last night. It won’t be until Tuesday until that catch up on sleep / recover.

We then have Souths on Thursday night (and cowboys play Friday night) - how the hell could the NRL schedule these games like that ?

It’s stupid surely they should be playing on Sunday !!

hindy111

Post Whore
DvHbvCx65GpyxeiyEOo4KcStTMy72OwgVxFcE_Dxx-0SfzTzGLOcY2B3tGETR_CTyoB_x0sRl9fCQyVXJIQOlblcaofdL395rhAiLE3-Tl3Y3YEIArkLLQfvvYTAc59VxhMSgZhA1Rc-QH35qEXCdZOAsvz4_GqALYKBAmoFYINqdNPPf1D6u1cS5oQdo7ovjMeUDF7dzw=w332-h443-nc

I have proof to back up my statement

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
What's up with the cowboys this year they have been on par with us in being the disappointments of the competition considering the expectation they had.

JT played a year too long?

Just a shame they couldn't play like that last September when JT and scott were actually out and probably had a weaker side compared to last night.

Gronk

Staff member
What's up with the cowboys this year they have been on par with us in being the disappointments of the competition considering the expectation they had.

JT played a year too long?

Just a shame they couldn't play like that last September when JT and scott were actually out and probably had a weaker side compared to last night.

JT does look slow, Morgan has been playing injured, Cootes has the yipps and their monsters like Hess look like fish out of water rn.