What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

strider

Post Whore
DvHbvCx65GpyxeiyEOo4KcStTMy72OwgVxFcE_Dxx-0SfzTzGLOcY2B3tGETR_CTyoB_x0sRl9fCQyVXJIQOlblcaofdL395rhAiLE3-Tl3Y3YEIArkLLQfvvYTAc59VxhMSgZhA1Rc-QH35qEXCdZOAsvz4_GqALYKBAmoFYINqdNPPf1D6u1cS5oQdo7ovjMeUDF7dzw=w332-h443-nc

I have proof to back up my statement
But she is from hawaii ... its being sarcastic

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So the players got a flight home last night according to social media - so basically didn’t sleep last night. It won’t be until Tuesday until that catch up on sleep / recover.

We then have Souths on Thursday night (and cowboys play Friday night) - how the hell could the NRL schedule these games like that ?

It’s stupid surely they should be playing on Sunday !!
Why are you surprised by anything the NRL do????

Noise

Coach
Overreaction based on our results, rather his contribution . Moses has been great for us with his energy. His long kicking game has been poor, but TBH it’s been good line speed and pressure that has limited his opportunities. They need to work better as a team and always have 2 or 3 5th tackle options, so the opposition can’t easily target one player.

I think he takes the line on and manages the team OK. It is Norman who went missing at 6 anf King being lacklustre that bogged down our efforts.

Norman has actually been offering more than Moses this year. Here is the comparison. They have each played 13 games (including last night):

Moses
1 try
7 try assists
4 line breaks
6 line break assists
7 forced dropouts
194 tackles, 38 missed

Norman
2 tries
9 try assists
3 line breaks
8 line break assists
18 forced drop outs
185 tackles, 30 missed

Gronk

Staff member
Norman has actually been offering more than Moses this year. Here is the comparison. They have each played 13 games (including last night):

Moses
1 try
7 try assists
4 line breaks
6 line break assists
7 forced dropouts
194 tackles, 38 missed

Norman
2 tries
9 try assists
3 line breaks
8 line break assists
18 forced drop outs
185 tackles, 30 missed

If you think that Norman > Moses this year, then we must have been watching different games.

Noise

Coach
If you think that Norman > Moses this year, then we must have been watching different games.

I said they have both been shit. The stats prove it. Moses has not been better than Norman. Norman is ahead in every category that is important for a half bar line breaks (4 to 3).

Kornstar

Coach
Ok ... so heres the plan for the rest of the season ...

emjaycee catches a plane the day before the game and tells us all about it
You be in another country
Anyone got anything else? ... not that im supersticious or anything

If the winds stop the volcanic cloud will head this way and I’ll be trapped here and they’ll win more games.......just quietly i’d be ok being stuck here. I’ve got my work laptop with me so i can just stay here and work.

I heard Hawaii is a bit boring and over priced....... Shpuld of just went to the nepean river. Had the same experience.

Not boring or overpriced and i hate the beach and still enjoy it without even going to one.

Each to their own though.

Also the volcanos are extinct on Oahu.

Bullshit. Hawaii is a great place. It’s not overpriced and even with the $US you can eat there cheaper than Sydney.

Great for shopping if that’s your thing. There is an outlet shopping centre just outside of Honolulu that has premium brands at K-mart prices.

Hire a car and see North Shore, Sunset, Pipeline. Never been to Maui but apparently beautiful.

Agreed, Gronk. We’re in Waikiki. Plenty of shopping already and been to the outlets. For the price of one pair of adidas shoes in Australia i got 3 pairs, a jacket, shorts and tracksuit pants.

We’ve been to those places too, although not the time of year to see pipeline in full effect.

Moses
1 try
7 try assists
4 line breaks
6 line break assists
7 forced dropouts
194 tackles, 38 missed

Norman
2 tries
9 try assists
3 line breaks
8 line break assists
18 forced drop outs
185 tackles, 30 missed

Do you know how much better Norman’s stats would be if he didn’t stifle our attack so much??

I personally think Moses looks like he’s trying way harder than Norman but without help from the rest of the team overall they have looked ordinary. Not necessarily their fault though, just the team is shit at the moment.

Chipmunk

Coach
Maybe we should just play the pedantic annoying game of "you arent 100% correct" you are playing .... clearly the last TWO grand final winners did NOT only have 1 dummy half option

But did either team plan to use two hookers in the game? No

Chipmunk

Coach
You make a comment how you cant read so many pages of dribble ..... then go on some 3 page mission of being pedantic about what pou said wasnt 100% syntactically correct (even tho the gist of it was spot on) .... f**k me ... people bitch about pou arguing - takes 2 to tango

Well I'm not asking anyone else to read the conversation besides the person I'm responding to.

Delboy

First Grade
Been to Maui 4 times, terrific resorts and the island is very scenic. However, its extremely quiet and the last time we were booked for 5 days on Maui, transferred back to Waikiki a day early to see some life and visit the shops.

Its all about hanging out at the pool. walking around the different resorts and a few shops, the drive to Hookipa is nice, but its a veg out place.