What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

franklin2323

Immortal
The SFS does currently hold a few concerts per year. I think with the rebuild it would probably hold a few more that would have expected crowds of around the capacity of the ground.

https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/sydney-east/moore-park/events?page=0

Outside of a Wallabies test SFS is business as usual. I would love to see the events that Sydney missed out on due to SFS being a deathtrap. Big acts seem to not mind ANZ as they have a had a few concerts this year. The government is clearly looking after their interests and not the people.

unforgiven

Bench
https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/sydney-east/moore-park/events?page=0

Outside of a Wallabies test SFS is business as usual. I would love to see the events that Sydney missed out on due to SFS being a deathtrap. Big acts seem to not mind ANZ as they have a had a few concerts this year. The government is clearly looking after their interests and not the people.
Coldplay, Ed Sheran and Sia have all played Allianz is the last 3 years.

I know I have seen Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters there.

Im not a supporter of the rebuild of Allianz but its probable with the rebuild that it will attract concerts.

The SFS does currently hold a few concerts per year. I think with the rebuild it would probably hold a few more that would have expected crowds of around the capacity of the ground.

Most are at ANZ.

Had a look at this a while back and in 2017 ANZ had 6 major concerts, Allianz only had 2 iirc.

Im not a supporter of the rebuild of Allianz but its probable with the rebuild that it will attract concerts.

Why? The rebuild doesn’t offer concrets much that they’re not getting now. A rebuild helps regular events much more than one off events.

Concert tours are about maximising revenue, if they can sell more tickets than is available at Allianz they’ll go to ANZ.

unforgiven

Bench
Why? The rebuild doesn’t offer concrets much that they’re not getting now. A rebuild helps regular events much more than one off events.

Concert tours are about maximising revenue, if they can sell more tickets than is available at Allianz they’ll go to ANZ.

For starters the sound is abysmal at ANZ, if this is a focus of the rebuild ot is conceivable that the spund quality could be much better at Allianz.

There are not many acts in the world that can sell more than 50000 tickets in Sydney. So those that can't may decide to use the new stadium in the city. What Rock Star wants to travel an hour out to Olympic Park if they don't have to?

taipan

Referee
Did the Govt fund them?

And in typical bull at a gate fashion ,you completely miss the point.
Govt's help fund the coal mining industry nowhere near the BS figure you suggest.The impact of coal subsidising this industry has a far lesser impact on the globe ,than the swag of volcanoes emitting more rubbish than coal will do in years.
I'm not a fan of coal, but ATM it's a necessity from the point of cost and employs large numbers.AFL doesn't need Govt subsidies.
The Govt at times is too submissive to the greenies.We have a desal plant situated at Kurnell costing $500m nearly 20 years ago, costing $100m pa lying idle for the last dozen years.Go figure.

franklin2323

Immortal

Ed Sheran and Fooeys played at ANZ this year. So the state didn't miss out due to Allianz. For me there would have to be 5-10 events yearly that pack Allianz the justify the rebuild at 45k. Aside from ANZAC Day clash and an A League derby it could fit in a smaller cheaper venue

taipan

Referee
Where did you learn your science?

From a British Airways Boeing 747 pilot ,who flew through the ashes of such crap.
From geology and the number of active volcanoes in the world.The Mt St Helens eruption in the latter part of the 20th Century.
Not from the guy who stated Sydney would run out of water 20 years ago, and the politician who stated therefore we need a desal plant.
BTW I'm not suggesting the planet is not getting warmer, for many reasons including man, but volcanoes play their part.

Jamberoo

Juniors
AFL wholly owned etihad stadium is being refurbished by victorian gov for $220m, now that's a rort!
Nothing announced and the proposed works are for the area around the stadium, not the stadium itself which does not need upgrading. Government should spend money on privately owned assets if it is for the great good - private schools for example. Govt should spend money on Penrith or anywhere else if it needs it. Most of the suburban stadiums don't make a profit anyway so having it privately owned and maintained should not stop governments investing in local communities.

taipan

Referee
So what if it does? Why should the “greenies” have to say a word about it? It’s not man generated and it’s almost certainly not something we can bring under control with modern technology. It’s the luck of the draw that nature hands us and we just have to cop it. As such there is really no point in worrying about it or expecting comment on it. But that’s not true of man made climate change. On that count we can’t blame nature or say it’s not within our control. And as the famous League coaching maxim goes - you should worry about the things you can control, not the things you can’t.

We have the technology, or at least the current scientific knowledge to develop the technology, to power our global civilisation without pumping high levels of gases into the atmosphere that we know add to climate change. But because it might be financially less convenient to switch technological horses, we have this so called “sceptic” rearguard action frantically fighting reality as long as possible to preserve the status quo. That is the literal inconvenient truth that the movie took its title from. It’s going to be mega expensive and not nearly as financially profitable to change our ways than to just keep going and to just keep cashing in.

But here’s the situation. Essentially we’re shitting in our own lounge rooms because it’s too much effort to walk out to the toilet. We can either stop adding to the shit now and try and minimise the consequences of the pile of shit we’ve already got in our lounge room or we can continue ignoring it until we’re faced with the global atmospheric equivalent of cholera. It’s going to take a lot of effort and a lot of sacrificed wealth to deal with this situation but in the long run it’ll cost our civilisation a whole shitload less (pun intended) than delaying until it really does reach the equivalent of global atmospheric cholera. At that point it won’t be a financial question, it’ll be an existential one.

Leigh.

For a start I'm not arguing against humans stuffing things up.I'm responding to the comment about coal at this point in time.I see the result of pollution every time I go to the beach,the brown smog that envelops the city.
If I had any choice ,I would shock horror, work on nuclear fuels ,and wind down coal completely.I'm not a fan of coal, but it is what it is now, and turning off the tap immediately just won't work.
Of course greenies have no control over volcanoes,,but wouldn't it be nice if they noted in their points apart from volcanoes having an impact, humans doing more damage and adding to the problem.

And I find it repulsive that a Yank politician and presidential candidate makes millions for himself,whiilst spruiking the obvious need to do something about global warming.

I have children and want a better cleaner world than the one were living in for them.

Anycase this is not about stadiums.so I'm no more going to rant.

From a British Airways Boeing 747 pilot ,who flew through the ashes of such crap.
From geology and the number of active volcanoes in the world.The Mt St Helens eruption in the latter part of the 20th Century.
Not from the guy who stated Sydney would run out of water 20 years ago, and the politician who stated therefore we need a desal plant.
BTW I'm not suggesting the planet is not getting warmer, for many reasons including man, but volcanoes play their part.

A pilot is not a scientist my good man.

Volcanoes account for 0.8% of the emmisions of industrial activity.

Anyway, we've derailed the stadium thread. Back to it.

taipan

Referee
A pilot is not a scientist my good man.

Volcanoes account for 0.8% of the emmisions of industrial activity.

Anyway, we've derailed the stadium thread. Back to it.

I'm well aware what a pilot is champ.I'm also aware they handle different types of climatic conditions from day to day.This one \s engines stopped for a period, because of the clogging of the engines by ash.

Secondly volcanoes don't; have consistent year to year eruptions.The one in Hawaii is a classic example.Longest period of erupting/exposing gases for many a long year.

Finally scientists are not infallible, when it comes to the weather .Warragamba is not empty or even near it.
Science gave us nukes also.
The removal of forests and rainforests ,also has a hell of a lot to do with the problem.It ain't just industry.
You're correct it's zero to do with stadiums, so why was coal brought up in the first place by the Perth Pirate?

For starters the sound is abysmal at ANZ, if this is a focus of the rebuild ot is conceivable that the spund quality could be much better at Allianz.

There are not many acts in the world that can sell more than 50000 tickets in Sydney. So those that can't may decide to use the new stadium in the city. What Rock Star wants to travel an hour out to Olympic Park if they don't have to?

Need to remember, Allianz will only cater to concerts that can sell between 18000-40000 tickets, that’s a limited space in itself.

The travel aspect has little to do with anything. Concerts are how bands make their money, they’ll travel if if they can sell 1000 tickets more than Allianz can hold.

If Allianz really wanted to attract more concerts they should’ve put a retractable roof on it, that certainty from the weather could’ve stolen a few concerts from ANZ.

unforgiven

Bench
Need to remember, Allianz will only cater to concerts that can sell between 18000-40000 tickets, that’s a limited space in itself.

The travel aspect has little to do with anything. Concerts are how bands make their money, they’ll travel if if they can sell 1000 tickets more than Allianz can hold.

If Allianz really wanted to attract more concerts they should’ve put a retractable roof on it, that certainty from the weather could’ve stolen a few concerts from ANZ.
Of course they will, but there are not many acts that can attract in excess of what Alliance can hold.