What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer World Cup - Russia

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's going to be fun over here on a few levels. Last time I was in Spain the Euro Cup was on, Spain was already out but it was still a blast around game time, especially with sentimental favourites Portugal achieving the unexpected.

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know whether to watch it or watch my tapes of the recent royal wedding.

Spose the highlights of the sookarh might be okay but f**k me watching some of those diving whingers. Those ones that wave their hands around like Cam Smith at the ruck. Just wish someone would plant a straight right .... kaapowww .... right in the kisser.

snout

First Grade
It's going to be fun over here on a few levels. Last time I was in Spain the Euro Cup was on, Spain was already out but it was still a blast around game time, especially with sentimental favourites Portugal achieving the unexpected.
We've got similar travel bugs coolum.
I was in italy for the euro cup. Sitting on the wharf on Isle of capri watching the local team v Germany. $5 cocktails.Incredible night.
And l fly out to Amsterdam next weekend and be in Germany when they play their last group match.

Socceroos to make it thru to group stage.
Putting it out there

snout

First Grade
Ange was all about attack.
Bert will be about keeping France to nil. Theyre slow starters and will win the next 2 games.
So a point of them is a great start.

coolumsharkie

Referee
We've got similar travel bugs coolum.
I was in italy for the euro cup. Sitting on the wharf on Isle of capri watching the local team v Germany. $5 cocktails.Incredible night.
And l fly out to Amsterdam next weekend and be in Germany when they play their last group match.

Socceroos to make it thru to group stage.
Putting it out there

Some people are very hospitable in Amsterdam, you don't even have to knock.

I'll be in Barcelona Friday, where I watched the France v Germany semi last time. Very buzzy place to be and I was staying across from the French Embassy, I didn't know this until they won of course.

Great night.

taipan

Referee
Broke my self-imposed Daily Telegraph ban today & bought the paper for the World Cup liftout.

Last time I bought it, it was $1.20....bloody $1.60 now.

Go The Socceroos :soccer:!!

Slothfield says thanks.He also maintains his quality incisive ,accurate ,journalism brought you around..

Quigs

Immortal
Do the ruskies have anything like those Souff Afrikanas Veevarhvousey things.

I remember trying to make some sort of an effort to watch that world cup but those far can horns gave me the shits big time.

ouryears

Bench
Some very optimistic talk in here about the Aussies.

We are going to be lucky to score a goal,let alone get a point.

It’ll be France and Denmark that’ll go through, not us.

Anyone who believes we’ll get through the group stage needs to lay off the pipe.
Well buddy, I hate to tell you, the Spanish coach who knows a hell of a lot more about the game than anyone on here, has said Australia will get through in his opinion.

You just never know.

Up until 2016 I thought you guys would never win a comp, LOL.

carcharias

Immortal
I have a mate over there .
He has put a pic on Facebook of him and Daryl Braithwaite together outside the Kremlin.
Apparently Daz is in the same tour group from what I can gather.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't know whether to watch it or watch my tapes of the recent royal wedding.

Spose the highlights of the sookarh might be okay but f**k me watching some of those diving whingers. Those ones that wave their hands around like Cam Smith at the ruck. Just wish someone would plant a straight right .... kaapowww .... right in the kisser.

I can send you a DVD I have about extreme sports

It has 1 hour segments on paint drying, water evaporating, hibernating bears and a bonus 4 hours of watching the tide change at Fort Denison.

Want it?

Quigs

Immortal
I can send you a DVD I have about extreme sports

It has 1 hour segments on paint drying, water evaporating, hibernating bears and a bonus 4 hours of watching the tide change at Fort Denison.

Want it?

Thanks for the kind offer Cap'n. That's what I love about this forum, deadset, we stick together like shit to a nappy.

It's okay though, I got me a copy of that particular DVD through fake_jerseys. It was a bargain I got it for two fiddy delivered to me door. My only complaint was that Fort Denison was a bit blurey and it appeared only about 130 metres off the neilson bay beach