What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watmough unleashes on DCE

Hutty1986

Immortal
There’s no wankers in the Qld side
farouk-agrees.gif

Showtime

Juniors
Yeah that's pretty much it.

You're obviously dislike of Magilla besides, the comparisons are pretty clear cut. Both are quite articulate, radiate what could be perceived to be smugness and have been proclaimed wankers by the boofheads around their games.

I liken him more to Michael Clarke than anyone else. Regardless of what he achieves in his career, he will never be liked rightly or wrongly.

Besides the Titans saga, I don't think fans appreciate his persona when interviewed which is very similar Clarke. It always appears scripted, false or 'politician like' and that doesn't appeal to the average fan. I think listening to guys like Roach and Elias still resonates with some fans which is complete opposite to DCE.

Personally I don't dislike him for anything he's ever done however I still think it's overrated.

As for Watmough, whilst it's clear he's taken too many head knocks, it was nice to hear a player or ex player speak his mind. Modern day league players are generally incredibly boring to listen too.

I liken him more to Michael Clarke than anyone else. Regardless of what he achieves in his career, he will never be liked rightly or wrongly.

Besides the Titans saga, I don't think fans appreciate his persona when interviewed which is very similar Clarke. It always appears scripted, false or 'politician like' and that doesn't appeal to the average fan. I think listening to guys like Roach and Elias still resonates with some fans which is complete opposite to DCE.

Personally I don't dislike him for anything he's ever done however I still think it's overrated.

As for Watmough, whilst it's clear he's taken too many head knocks, it was nice to hear a player or ex player speak his mind. Modern day league players are generally incredibly boring to listen too.
I'm ok with this

Michael Clarke is likable

t-ba

Post Whore

Can't really argue with any of that. I think he was very upfront during the Titans saga, and it always pissed me off that the obviously dishonest Foran got a free pass for clearly deceiving the club in regards to his signing with Parra. He's playing pretty below what's expected of him at the moment.

I can't fault Choc the Manly player (Ridiculous St George comeback in 2004 besides) but I do wish he'd stop burning his bridges with the club. At this stage he's basically pouring kerosene on the river where the bridge was and setting it alight whilst screaming angrily at the moon.

Danish

Referee
Lol, nothing to do with wine drinking.

Cherry's just a bit more cerebral than your average footballer is all, and that obviously rubs the boofhead set up the wrong way a little bit.

DCE doesn’t say “yeeeeaaaahh the BOOOOOOYYZZZZ” enough to fit in with most NRL squads

mozza91

Coach
I never really got the Michael Clarke hatred. There was always way bigger wankers in the Australian cricket team than him. They way he handled himself after Phil Hughes died increased my respect for him a lot.

It was also pretty funny how everyone started liking him when he was the worlds best batsman for a few years but went back to hating him as soon as the runs dried up.

Fangs

Coach
Not Manly's fault his manager was a muppet and agreed to that, should have had ratchet and performance clauses in there.

You sign a contract because it's good at the time, you forfeit the right to complain about it later.

True but those days are dead. Players either get paid what they are worth or they walk.

TheFrog

Coach
If DCE was on $50k a year after playing 27 games in a premiership winning side in his rookie season, every one of them in the 7, a club with half a brain would have upgraded him without him even asking.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Both are merkins. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Trbos will get sick of that shit and go to a proper culture to play.

Patorick

Staff member
There are three sides to every story.

This is the Watmough side of it.

Very much doubt Cherry-Evans will respond to it beyond general polite respectful denial.

Then there are the facts.

Manly had to upgrade Cherry-Evans in 2012 and beyond.

The reality is minimum wage for a premiership winning Australian representative halfback was not going to happen.