What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
This game happening in Denver is awesome.. The idea of Eng vs NZ being declared as 'Origin for the Eng and NZ players' is great. Yes NZ Tonga would also fit that bill but at least its happening. On Talent, the Kiwis will have a talented squad even if a bunch don't play. If some don't play it will be great for those who get the opportunity. The biggest issue in NZRL has been leadership and in having a commitment from Michael Mcguire to coach them for 4 years what NZ have bought is leadership. It might take time but i believe that NZ have hit rock bottom and will now fight their way back and in the meantime have done the game a favour by strengthening Tonga and Samoa through some incompetence.

For all these reasons i cannot wait to watch what happens over in Denver and the Pacific Test! I think it's the beginning of something good especially when NZ have committed to 6 tests in the year where Aus are taking a rest.

On top of all this what i am also excited about is a raft of legends for Australia finishing up moving them from being unbeatable at their best to a side that is beatable for at least 3 other nations.

Clarkent

Juniors
I wonder if matulino will get picked for the Samoa squad to face the Tongans... It says he's retired from the kiwi team... Gonna be interesting

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
A quick question on eligibility for anyone that knows better than I do. Kalyn Ponga has a Kiwi father. I know that he has chosen Queensland and therefore Australia, but he has yet to be selected for either. Are the Kiwis allowed to select him to get in first? If they do, can Ponga decline? How does this work?

Springs09

Juniors
A quick question on eligibility for anyone that knows better than I do. Kalyn Ponga has a Kiwi father. I know that he has chosen Queensland and therefore Australia, but he has yet to be selected for either. Are the Kiwis allowed to select him to get in first? If they do, can Ponga decline? How does this work?

Of course Ponga can decline.

Players do this all the time when selected in a World Cup squad they don't want to play for.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If I were McGuire I'd continually pick him until he plays for Australia, even if he keeps declining. You never know, maybe he'll get impatient and get sick of waiting behind Tedesco and decide to play for NZ.

adamkungl

Immortal
If I were McGuire I'd continually pick him until he plays for Australia, even if he keeps declining. You never know, maybe he'll get impatient and get sick of waiting behind Tedesco and decide to play for NZ.

It wouldn't surprise me if Maguire is making a serious pitch at Ponga for Denver and England tour before he actually pulls on a Roos jersey and is lost forever. You'd be stupid not to.

Technically, if Ponga plays for Queensland, there's nothing preventing him playing for New Zealand UNTIL he actually plays for Australia. Of course, that would mean he'll never be selected for QLD again, but it would certainly be funny

ozenzud

Juniors
I am a supporter of this test, because I know how critical it is for the NZRL to get money to run the game in NZ. But has anyone, any idea about whether anyone will go to this game? Have they sold any tickets?

Does anyone know if they have a big TV contract for it?

I really hope it isn't an embarisement

Pommy

Coach
I am a supporter of this test, because I know how critical it is for the NZRL to get money to run the game in NZ. But has anyone, any idea about whether anyone will go to this game? Have they sold any tickets?

Does anyone know if they have a big TV contract for it?

I really hope it isn't an embarisement

12,000 tickets sold was the last figure I heard, more than some World Cup games in league die hard areas.

ozenzud

Juniors
12,000 tickets sold was the last figure I heard, more than some World Cup games in league die hard areas.
Whats the ground capacity? Hopefully won't look too small. But couple weeks to building so hope they get 20k plus

Pommy

Coach
American fans are going to get a great representation of ANZ.
Do we know if mile high has any of these different stadium modes where it can be made to look smaller than it is.

roughyedspud

Coach
Do we know if mile high has any of these different stadium modes where it can be made to look smaller than it is.

Nope...they've Defo picked the wrong stadium to start with...should have gone to dicks sporting goods park first,holds 18k..would have been perfect

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

This game would normally not get a run in the Aussie media but I can just hear the smug pr!x on Offsiders giving it air-time just because of the amount of empty seats.

Pommy

Coach
This game would normally not get a run in the Aussie media but I can just hear the smug pr!x on Offsiders giving it air-time just because of the amount of empty seats.

We have to wait and see what the crowd figures are on the day. If they can get 25000 then I don’t care how many empty seats there are it is a success and the Aussie media can go fist themselves.