What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Souths live game day thread 14/6/18

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep they’re a nightmare to take. Players drop bombs. The difference between good teams and cellar dwellers I guess is that good teams limit the bleeding to a mistake, not runs of them. This second half has been woeful muck.

I'd suggest if our right edge wasn't D grade CRL level we'd not be discussing the dropped bombs, honestly.

How you defend an error is the most important thing, not so much the error itself (especially 'forced' errors) and we've been worse than useless on that right edge. We've compounded the error pretty much every time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hoffman was woefull
MJ was woefull
RJ was exposed badly

Our backline looks slow. Gutherson is not a half but no other options

Team was out coached by a guy who knew our weakness and exposed us badly.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hoffman was woefull
MJ was woefull
RJ was exposed badly

Pretty accurate synopsis.

Noise

Coach
Hoffman was woefull
MJ was woefull
RJ was exposed badly

Agree with all that except Hayne is a better option at 6 than Gutho.

He is also 10 times better than French at fullback

Incorrect

Coach
I think Gutho should shift back to fullback with French on a Wing..
I'm worried about Gutho.... There are times when he looks like he wants to make something happen, maybe switch the point of attack or he spots a half gap that he wants to take advantage of but he's just not quick enough. Last year he was making those plays. Hopefully it'll come with more metres under his belt on the knee that got operated on....

Bazal

Post Whore
Frustrating because everything pretty much came down to that edge defence.

Attack was better, energy for the most part much better, forwards did the job....that f**king edge was absolutely disgraceful. Five tries that way out of 8, defend three of them and it's a hugely different game.

Taka back to Wenty and Hayne to 6 (if Moses is still out) with Gutho at centre, get Niukore or Gower on the edge....

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I'd suggest if our right edge wasn't D grade CRL level we'd not be discussing the dropped bombs, honestly.

How you defend an error is the most important thing, not so much the error itself (especially 'forced' errors) and we've been worse than useless on that right edge. We've compounded the error pretty much every time.
You’ll get no arguments from me on that. Probably an insult to D graders everywhere, if anything!

Dibs

Bench
Of course it's their job. But name a player that has never dropped a bomb?

Those kicks are a nightmare to take. You WILL drop one, 100%. Calling players not first grade standard, as some have, because of it is dumb as shit. That's all I'm saying.
I haven’t read most of this thread so I don’t know what others may have said but I’m not suggesting he is not of first grade standard but might not be and I am not making that judgement on dropped bombs as I am normally impressed with his bomb catching but on his overall game. However you may not be talking about my comment but just in case I wanted to clarify

Happy MEel

First Grade
Frustrating because everything pretty much came down to that edge defence.

Attack was better, energy for the most part much better, forwards did the job....that f**king edge was absolutely disgraceful. Five tries that way out of 8, defend three of them and it's a hugely different game.

Taka back to Wenty and Hayne to 6 (if Moses is still out) with Gutho at centre, get Niukore or Gower on the edge....
Agree with this except Gutho to the back, French to either wing instead of Hoffman or Wenty.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Taka is another one of these players, plenty of skill and talent but not good enough to play anywhere IMO. Defence is so so poor and what is his best position???? And as dumb as a bag of rocks. Actually most of the team have no footy IQ.

Latest posts