What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated player you’ve seen.

DC80

Juniors
Can you think of a player that should get far more recognition than they do?

For me it’s Rivaldo. Yes he was named FIFA World player of the year so hasn’t exactly not had his due recognition, but for some unknown reason he has never got the plaudits other great players have. Pretty much every other player on this list is revered except him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year

He’s also part of the “three R’s” (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo) that won the 2002 World Cup, yet the other two far outshine him in terms of how they are viewed as greats of the game (Rivaldo was Brazil’s best player in the tournament).

Seen so many of his games live with Barcelona, and his left foot was like a wand. When people see footage of him they are generally shocked at how good he was. The two feints he executed from 3:28 to 3:54 I’d put in a greatest ever 5 minute compilation of the sport:

He also scored the best hat-trick I’ve ever seen, topped off by this bicycle kick last minute winner to qualify Barcelona for the Champions League.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Ronaldinho is the only person in the world that could eat an apple through a Tennis racquet

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Meanwhile Ronaldinho is overrated in my opinion.
If he dropped the party boy mentality and actually gave a shit, we would be talking about one of the all time greats. Instead he wanted to party like a rockstar every other weekend. Such a shame as he was breath takingly good when switched on.

Haffa

Didier Deschamps (along with Marcel Desailly) is the reason France won the WC in 98 and Euro in 2000.