What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATED: Tigers Injury List

Vic Mackey

Referee
I resoect your optimism...I wish I could summon up some of it after a loss like today..

But can I say just because the 1/6/9 will be “new” doesn’t mean that things are will be different..,

I trust you have watched Mbye of late... do you think he is playing well?

Robbie is 34..

I’m a big fan of the Mbye signing. He has been a shining light in a garbage side. Will fit into our spine nicely IMO.

I dont think it will make us world beaters but a spine of:

1. Mbye
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
9. Farah/Liddle

Is significantly better then:

1. Thompson/Lolohea
6. Gamble
7. Brooks
9. McIllwrick/Taylor

BuffaloRules

Coach
I’m a big fan of the Mbye signing. He has been a shining light in a garbage side. Will fit into our spine nicely IMO.

I dont think it will make us world beaters but a spine of:

1. Mbye
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
9. Farah/Liddle

Is significantly better then:

1. Thompson/Lolohea
6. Gamble
7. Brooks
9. McIllwrick/Taylor

Yes that is better spine but for mine not enough to change the outcome if the other 13 players dont improve dramatically...

Need to get the tryline defence back from the first 6 weeeks..,

Also the forwards completing 80 percent of their sets and making meters...

I think Mbye has been average.. ( not bad like the Tigers fullbacks)...

He is a long way off the elite number 1’s though and I don’t believe it’s his best position..,

At least he can kick goals though which has been a team weakness forever..

BuffaloRules

Coach
Guys you can only buy the players that are off contract AND want to come play for us.

Season one of Ivan has shown signs of the future.

You also attract players when you offer the most money and the longest period of time for the contract... gotta make sure they are the right players though

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes that is better spine but for mine not enough to change the outcome if the other 13 players dont improve dramatically...

He is a long way off the elite number 1’s though and I don’t believe it’s his best position..,

Geez our goal line defence has been a major Achilles heel since the loss to parra.

I totally agree about Mbye & it’s y I’m livid that we’ve signed him on such a lengthy contract.Cleary & Pascoe r off there heads continuing to sign these non elite players on these ridiculous contracts.

Tiger Ted

Bench
You also attract players when you offer the most money and the longest period of time for the contract... gotta make sure they are the right players though
It angers me to have to say that I’ve no doubt that in the fullness of time it will b demonstrated that Cleary has fkd up by not recruiting shrewdly.

BuffaloRules

Coach
It angers me to have to say that I’ve no doubt that in the fullness of time it will b demonstrated that Cleary has fkd up by not recruiting shrewdly.

That will mean that Cleary has failed and come 2021 they will be going through another rebuild with Des Hasler, Macguire or maybe even Trent Robinson if the Roosters haven’t won another one by then,,,

Can’t even comprehend another rebuild.. let’s just hope that Ivan brings Nathan here in 2020 and that is the turning point..

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I trust you have watched Mbye of late... do you think he is playing well?
From what I've seen he's been pretty crap, but when you're in a team going as badly as the Dogs I think it has to rub off. I'd prefer if we had signed him for less than 4 years. I have seen him play really well, going back a couple of years, so hopefully he just needs to get away from the Doggie Debacle to come good again.

BuffaloRules

Coach
From what I've seen he's been pretty crap, but when you're in a team going as badly as the Dogs I think it has to rub off. I'd prefer if we had signed him for less than 4 years. I have seen him play really well, going back a couple of years, so hopefully he just needs to get away from the Doggie Debacle to come good again.

He has played well in the past but not in the 1 jersey.. Don’t believe it’s his best spot..

I don’t think he has been bad this year... just average. Unfortunately that isn’t going to solve the problems we have seen develop the last 2 months with the team..

Ron's_Mate

Bench
He has played well in the past but not in the 1 jersey.. Don’t believe it’s his best spot..

I don’t think he has been bad this year... just average. Unfortunately that isn’t going to solve the problems we have seen develop the last 2 months with the team..
Yeah, I've always seen him in the halves. Hope Ivan knows what he's doing with this one. Perhaps there aren't any better fullback options around?

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Mbye will go well at fullback. It's one of our weakest positions. Hooker is no 1 prioroty, then fullback and then right edge backrower. After that we need to get better players.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Fonua gorne for the season most likely.

Great...

Anyone know Mighty Milone's contract situation re: June 30 transfer?

Tigerm

First Grade
From Fox Sports

Matt McIlwrick — ankle — Round 16

Chris Lawrence — concussion — Round 16

Mahe Fonua - broken arm - Round 25

From Fox Sports

Matt McIlwrick — ankle — Round 16

Chris Lawrence — concussion — Round 16

Mahe Fonua - broken arm - Round 25

Poor Mahe, he's a tough motherf**ker and even he looked like he was in terrific pain.

Gives you an idea about how tough Matty Utai was to play a half of footy with a broken arm.

Tigerm

First Grade
WESTS TIGERS-18/7/18

Mahe Fonua — broken arm — Round 25

Josh Reynolds — shoulder — season

Chris Lawrence — hand and hamstring — indefinite

Not a good start to the season with 3 unavailable due to injury before found one,however most clubs have similar injury tolls.

Vic Mackey

Referee
ET and PM both available for round one.

Lawrence is the only one who is really on the injured list.

Someone on biggest unofficial Wests Tigers Facebook group has said 2 of our main players are in serious doubt for round 1. However the guy is a bit of an attention seeking douche so who knows