What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

1990 sharkie

Juniors
The best number 9 for qld is seggy. Just a shame the sharks coach is wasting him on the bench.
Qld needs a new 7 and 9
Gavin cooper can retire now that Thurston has because he is hopeless

Showtime

Juniors
The best number 9 for qld is seggy. Just a shame the sharks coach is wasting him on the bench.
Qld needs a new 7 and 9
Gavin cooper can retire now that Thurston has because he is hopeless

Cooper struggles without Thurston and Hess appears to be a one trick pony only effective when he's running off Thurston at a half from 5m out. Personally I think Coopers time is up at origin level.

I read somewhere today that Wallace is the first player to run for less than 50m in each of his first 3 games. Surely he gets pushed to the bench for the next game.

McCullough is a good solid player but if you're going to keep Hunt at 7 you need someone who offers a lot more out of dummy half. Maybe Seggy is that option, I don't think he'd let anyone down and it's a dead rubber.

Ofahengaue might be worth a look.

gUt

Coach
Some subs I'd make

Taylor has to play, for his goalkicking if no other reason (and there are plenty of other reasons).

I'm not a huge fan of Hunt at 9 and I think McCullough does a good enough job there so maybe Hunt to 14. Hunt is not the shit merkin lots of Qld fans are saying he is and at 14 he covers a lot of positions.

Arrow into the starting side, plus obviously Ponga. It's not worth dropping Slater for him so play him at centre or even on a wing but he has to be on the park for the 80.

If Matt Scott is fit just chuck him in at starting prop and say righto old man try and salvage some pride for your state at Lang Park, hopefully this will see him rip & tear.

I really hope by next year Oates is playing back row because we are lacking depth, it's obvious that after Gillett, McGuire and Arrow there ain't much.

Bronco18

Juniors
For next year.. (maybe game iii)...

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Taylor
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Kaufusi
12. Hess
13. Arrow

14. Morgan
15. Papali
16. Ofahengaue
17. Wallace (if he’s lucky)/Glasby

If Morgan refinds his fitness and 2017 form, good chance for him to play halfback.

McGuire will be somewhere but him and Arrow in the starting pack mean we seriously lack size in the middle.

Meth

Staff member
1- Ponga
2- Oates
3- Inglis
4- Gagai
5- Holmes
6- Munster
7- Taylor
8- Scott
9- Hunt
10- Napa
11- Kaufusi
12- Hess
13- McGuire

Res- Papalii, Ofahengaue, Arrow, Segeyaro

That's the team that I'd go with for game 3

1- Ponga
2- Oates
3- Inglis
4- Gagai
5- Holmes
6- Munster
7- Taylor
8- Scott
9- Hunt
10- Napa
11- Kaufusi
12- Hess
13- McGuire

Res- Papalii, Ofahengaue, Arrow, Segeyaro

That's the team that I'd go with for game 3
You must be NSW's guy on the inside.

No Chambers should not be picked period
The thing is Chambers isn't a bad player, he's certainly a rep player for both Queensland and Australia but the problem he faces in State of Origin is Latrell Mitchell who isn't just a rep player but a once in generation type athlete. NSW had a bunch of centres that were great over the years - Gasnier, Lyon, Morris etc but were always outplayed by Greg Inglis. The lesson was that you can't take someone that good out of the game completely but you can only limit their opportunities.

Its interesting times for Queensland and I wonder how they will react to this - will they just blame Chambers and go with someone else who'll also get carved up and then blame him? Will they go with a really defensive player aimed at stopping Latrell rather then playing their own game? Or will they just stick with the best option they have which is Chambers and only hope that he can do his best.

TheFrog

Coach
Ponga has done a hammy. These things don't heal in 9 days. I'm willing to say he won't play in game 3.

will they just blame Chambers
They won't drop Chambers, and they won't drop Hunt. They only lost on goal kicking. With Ponga likely out, I don't know who they've got who's better though.

isaiah

Bench
Ponga has done a hammy. These things don't heal in 9 days. I'm willing to say he won't play in game 3.

They won't drop Chambers, and they won't drop Hunt. They only lost on goal kicking. With Ponga likely out, I don't know who they've got who's better though.
Lost on goal kicking and QLD getting across the try line 3 times to 2 but the blues got handed their other one

I'd go
1.Slater
6.Munster
7.taylor
9.Mac
14.Hunt

In situations like the last 10 mins of game 2 youneed a player who has a brilliant short kicking game...Hunt is average
Taylor's short kicking game is far superior .
In game 2 we needed to keep the pressure on with repeat sets against 12 men .

JT or Cronk would have did just that .

hunts kicking game reminds me of Pearce .