What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Sat - Panthers 10-18 Sea Eagles @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
What a joke, I finally get the time to go to a game and we lose and quite rightly. Couldn't even beat a lowly Manly team even when they made almost as many errors as us. It looks like these guys peaked with that win over St.George and don't have the same energy or hunger now. You can't just use injuries and fatigue from playing rep games as an excuse for a rubbish display like that. That being said this is why I am not a fan of the rep season because it can spoil the form of teams that had been playing well.

I'm fuming with the attack and the lack of anything from origin halves to confuse the defence, then again when you make 15 errors you're not going confuse anyone other than the fans who can't understand why you're playing like crap.

Last edited:
What a joke, I finally get the time to go to a game and we lose and quite rightly. Couldn't even beat a lowly Manly team even when they made almost as many errors as us. It looks like these guys peaked with that win over St.George and don't have the same energy or hunger now. You can't just use injuries and fatigue from playing rep games as an excuse for a rubbish display like that. That being said this is why I am not a fan of the rep season because it can spoil the form of teams that had been playing well.

I'm fuming with the attack and the lack of anything from origin halves to confuse the defence, then again when you make 15 errors you're not going confuse anyone other than the fans who can't understand why you're playing like crap.
How many times did they use that geniused growl today?

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers fans way too harsh on your own.

Injuries to Edwards, Waqa, Mansour, Wallace, RCG, Kikau, a few bench forwards like Leota... Cleary was out for 6 weeks.

You're doing remarkably well all things considered.
To be fair,and I mentioned this after the Easts match,that you can only rely on a large number of inexperienced replacements for a limited time.

And add the lack of overall 1st grade experience in the mix,and you have to think that something has to give. What we've seen for the last two games from Penrith is a tiring squad..they look at times devoid of stanima and with that comes a lack of concentration.Period.

The sad thing is,there is nothing that can be done about it. Whoever plays us next,one would tend to think that they will be rubbing their hands in anticipation. We are a sorry mess ATM.

OldPanther

Coach
To be fair,and I mentioned this after the Easts match,that you can only rely on a large number of inexperienced replacements for a limited time.

And add the lack of overall 1st grade experience in the mix,and you have to think that something has to give. What we've seen for the last two games from Penrith is a tiring squad..they look at times devoid of stanima and with that comes a lack of concentration.Period.

The sad thing is,there is nothing that can be done about it. Whoever plays us next,one would tend to think that they will be rubbing their hands in anticipation. We are a sorry mess ATM.

On top of that I really don't think Cleary's knee is right. Not kicking and not taking the line on as much as he normally does.