What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Sat - Broncos 26-22 Raiders @ Suncorp

Round 16: Broncos v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 weeks

Coach
Ricky in the presser when they ask him about Blake Austin's 2nd half performance

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Nerd

Bench
Missed the game last night so just watched it on replay. Anyone saying the Broncos won with the assistance of the refs is delusional. As stated by some of the Raiders fans previously they had the game won and just threw it away with unforced errors just lucky for Broncos fans that they were good enough to capitalise on those errors.
When Whitehead got put on report for standing on a Broncos players foot in the scrum at the end that was just laughable. I'm an ex front rower and back in the day when the ball had to go in the middle we all used to wear soccer shin pads as once the ball went in it was a kick, stompathon and a good old rake of the tags down the shins for good measure in every scrum.

GongPanther

Referee
They can still tip out st George or Penrith, only 5 or 6 more wins than them needed

And where are they getting them from?

OK,consistancy isn't completely lacking with the Raiders. But with the matches coming up against the top 8 sides,and with most of them to regain their top form after SOO and returning injured players,I gotta tell you,you will get at least 2-3 wins,but you're 6 comp points behind the eight as it currently stands. That is far too much of an ask to catch up.

You'll be very heavilly relying on the likes of Brisbane,the Sharks and the Roosters in dropping games.And that is not to mention the Wests Tigers(who should win today) who have Moses Mbye,Robbie Farah who have just this week joined the club which will no doubt have the teams in the 8 looking over their shoulders.

some11

Referee
I know the broncos cop some crap, but surely their fans have to admit in most of there wins this year they have had some favourable critical calls.
Has a team been gifted more wins via referee decisions (or indecision's) than the 2018 Broncos?
How about

- not blowing a 16-0 lead
- not conceding 26 points in one half
- not failing to find touch off a penalty kick
- not kicking the ball dead from a drop out
- not picking a nuffy at fb instead of Cotric
- not persisting with consistently under-performing halves
- not persisting with an absolute fraud of a coach and not extending his contract

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
How about

- not blowing a 16-0 lead
- not conceding 26 points in one half
- not failing to find touch off a penalty kick
- not kicking the ball dead from a drop out
- not picking a nuffy at fb instead of Cotric
- not persisting with consistently under-performing halves
- not persisting with an absolute fraud of a coach and not extending his contract

It's none of those things, it's the ref, clearly

Lebbo73

Bench
Missed the game last night so just watched it on replay. Anyone saying the Broncos won with the assistance of the refs is delusional. As stated by some of the Raiders fans previously they had the game won and just threw it away with unforced errors just lucky for Broncos fans that they were good enough to capitalise on those errors.
When Whitehead got put on report for standing on a Broncos players foot in the scrum at the end that was just laughable. I'm an ex front rower and back in the day when the ball had to go in the middle we all used to wear soccer shin pads as once the ball went in it was a kick, stompathon and a good old rake of the tags down the shins for good measure in every scrum.
I watched the coaches interviews afterwards because most of the Raiders fans were saying that Sticky would lose his shit. Sticky was reasonably calm and said all the blame was on his team. The Raiders fans on here don’t really believe that the ref dudded them. They were just venting!

Nerd

Bench
I watched the coaches interviews afterwards because most of the Raiders fans were saying that Sticky would lose his shit. Sticky was reasonably calm and said all the blame was on his team. The Raiders fans on here don’t really believe that the ref dudded them. They were just venting!
It's not Raiders fans I was talking about just the usual Bronco haters that carry on every time they have a win.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah again there was like 2 decisions go against us that I can remember right at the end. If we hadn't played like a pack of morons in the second half those two decisions wouldn't really have mattered.

Sticky very rarely loses his shit now days at press conferences. There is still the odd tantrum but the best you will get is kicking chairs on the sidelines. He just talks rubbish about how we aren't far off and how proud he is like he is talking about a toddlers drawing. Oh you chucked away another second half lead im gonna stick this one on the fridge i am so proud of you guys

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah again there was like 2 decisions go against us that I can remember right at the end. If we hadn't played like a pack of morons in the second half those two decisions wouldn't really have mattered.

Sticky very rarely loses his shit now days at press conferences. There is still the odd tantrum but the best you will get is kicking chairs on the sidelines. He just talks rubbish about how we aren't far off and how proud he is like he is talking about a toddlers drawing. Oh you chucked away another second half lead im gonna stick this one on the fridge i am so proud of you guys
I can actually imagine Leilua rocking up at Stick's place to show him his 'art.' Which is normally scribbled stick figures and something resembling a footy.

Latest posts