What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Dragons LIVE game day thread 28/6/18

Happy MEel

First Grade
Smith has played in the halves for us. He is a playmaker and kicking option. He has kicked a lot more for us than Alvaro has.
The context of the game needs to be taken into account. We were ahead and trying to close out the game. This is not the time for a fringe first grader, playing out of position IMO to go for glory and override the halves who had been doing a fantastic job of controlling the game. It was a horrible decision by a player who thinks his abilities and importance to the team are far superior to reality.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Will Smith's previous two kicks were both for 58 metres. This is during NRL matches, not training.
Whoop de f**king doo!!

Did you run on the field and measure those kicks yourself???

Were either of them in the 75th min with the game on the line??

I knew you would find some geniused stat to try and suit your argument lol.

hindy111

Post Whore
The surprise outcome was a race downfield between French, Mennings and MacDonald as they chased the kick towards the Dragons in-goal.

Plenty of opportunity for shit to go wrong. A single kick into space only leaves room for the kick to go wrong. Unfortunately it did. But a kick by Norman or Moses could have ricocheted off a Dragons player and out the sideline as it has done so often this year.

Yes. Also chance of penalty, intercept, drop ball, line break. Lot could happen.
BUT MOST LIKELY RESULT IS WE MAKE 25MRRS OFF TWO CHARGES AND KICK FOR TOUCH OR PUT UP A BOMB FROM 35-40MTRS AWAY FROM THEIR LINE

hindy111

Post Whore
yeh, its that simple and straightforward

Gutherson positioning in defense is average at best. Good player but I dont rate his position on field.
In saying that he has been playing in halves the last 5 or 6 weeks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gutherson positioning in defense is average at best. Good player but I dont rate his position on field.
In saying that he has been playing in halves the last 5 or 6 weeks.

well that is a much better analysis than your previous claim

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyhows getting sick of every merkin defending the eels and no bad can be said.

We are 3 wins, have the worse attack and 2nd worse defense in comp. There is something wrong with squad,

A gutsy effort against dragons. But if not after representative round and in the wet I reckon they win easily. If ever had a chance of beating a top 8 side it was then.

Who have we beat?
Tigers,Manly,Cowboys.
3 garbage sides

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyhows W.Smith isnt all to blame. He was trying. Jennings attempt in first half was gutless. Stood and watched
Also jammed on the sweeper leaving Moses isolated with Sims late in the game. That led to Gutherson being caught at marker and too slow to cover the kick through.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The context of the game needs to be taken into account. We were ahead and trying to close out the game. This is not the time for a fringe first grader, playing out of position IMO to go for glory and override the halves who had been doing a fantastic job of controlling the game. It was a horrible decision by a player who thinks his abilities and importance to the team are far superior to reality.
Or was it a heads up play by a player who knows the opposition would discount him and apply no kick pressure, despite having no merkin at home down the back?

hindy111

Post Whore
well that is a much better analysis than your previous claim

Guthersons form this year is average. But coming back from a knee reco I didnt expect a lot.
Who in our team is playing as good or better then 2017?

Alvaro
Mannah
Terepo
Manu
Tepai
Brown

The rest have dropped off and worse is important positions

Moses,Norman,King,Gutherson,Bevan,Jennings,Taka,Matagi,W.Smith, Aauva

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Guthersons form this year is average. But coming back from a knee reco I didnt expect a lot.
Who in our team is playing as good or better then 2017?

Alvaro
Mannah
Terepo
Manu
Tepai
Brown

The rest have dropped off and worse is important positions

Moses,Norman,King,Gutherson,Bevan,Jennings,Taka,Matagi,W.Smith, Aauva
Agreed. Our forwards are inexplicably the least of our problems.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

What f**king difference does it make?

You're the one who thinks he shanks every kick. The stats prove you wrong. No wonder you hate them.
What difference does it make??? Are you f**king serious??? It was a high pressure situation with the game on the line. Hardly comparable to the 20min kick with the scores level.

That’s almost as good as your 6 losses at the start of the season are no different to losing them throughout the year.

And seeing you love stats so much here are the only ones they really matter, 3 from 16 and 16th position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And seeing you love stats so much here are the only ones they really matter, 3 from 16 and 16th position.
The point is that our record doesn't prove you right every time you whinge you f**ken idiot.

I'm no fan of Will Smith. He was our best player in the Melbourne final and then cost us the Cowboys game a week later (despite a 60 metre try). I agree his kick was terrible, but the idea behind it was good IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The point is that our record doesn't prove you right every time you whinge you f**ken idiot.

I'm no fan of Will Smith. He was our best player in the Melbourne final and then cost us the Cowboys game a week later (despite a 60 metre try). I agree his kick was terrible, but the idea behind it was good IMO.
No fan of Will Smith and the kick was terrible but I will argue all day regardless lol.

And I thought you liked stats Pou??? Or only those you cherry pick to suit your argument????

Latest posts