What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd movies discussion

vvvrulz

Coach
So I made this thread to obviously talk about strange movies that have stuck with us

For me the movie is Event Horizon

I don't know what to say about it however f**k this is a brutal movie

Event Horizon is one of my all time favourite movies; it's unfairly dismissed as an Alien & Hellraiser love child but it's so much more than that - there aren't too many movies that go all-in the way this did. Unlike most B-grade slasher flicks this had a real cast with decent characterisations making sensible moves all the way.

The most intriguing part is 40 mins or so of horror got sliced because of scared test audiences, what exactly was in there is one of the great unknowns of cinema (for me at least).

Event Horizon is one of my all time favourite movies; it's unfairly dismissed as an Alien & Hellraiser love child but it's so much more than that - there aren't too many movies that go all-in the way this did. Unlike most B-grade slasher flicks this had a real cast with decent characterisations making sensible moves all the way.

The most intriguing part is 40 mins or so of horror got sliced because of scared test audiences, what exactly was in there is one of the great unknowns of cinema (for me at least).
The spider walk from exorcist was banned for years only being released relatively recently

horrie hastings

First Grade
The spider walk from exorcist was banned for years only being released relatively recently

Was it banned or was it kept it out from the original cut because there was enough shocking bits already in the movie ? do have a doco on the making of it so should watch it to see, I have noticed there are actually two versions of the spider walk, one where she chases the mother and Kitty Wynn when she comes down the stairs and the other where she comes down the stairs then vomits up blood.

Was it banned or was it kept it out from the original cut because there was enough shocking bits already in the movie ? do have a doco on the making of it so should watch it to see, I have noticed there are actually two versions of the spider walk, one where she chases the mother and Kitty Wynn when she comes down the stairs and the other where she comes down the stairs then vomits up blood.
Could be either I'm not sure

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Audition - a 1998 Japanese film about a widowed film industry executive who sets up fake auditions to find a new piece of fluff.

Takes an hour to get warm but if you don't like the idea of acupuncture needles getting poked into eyeballs, this movie is best avoided.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
From the maker of bizarre classics such as Audition, Visitor Q and Ichi the Killer, comes the equally twisted Gozu. Director Takashi Miike must have been on some good gear when making these movies.

I remember seeing this at the cinemas. It so disturbed me that after the screening finished I went out and sat in Hyde Park in the sunshine for about an hour. Rarely ever had a movie so disturb me that badly I nee4ded to sit in the sun to get over it. Very powerfully effective movie in my book.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I've always been curious to see why Ken Park was so difficult to find. Just watched the trailer and not curious anymore. Looks awful.

Ryan Gosling's directorial debut and only movie to date Lost River is pretty great as far as odd movies go.

Nonsensical but not, dystopian future or current Detroit possibly? The best thing about it is the odd settings, situations and moody scenes. And Ben Mendelsohn is in it! Some other good actors too.

Latest posts