What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale is done

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yep, the choice of bench was puzzling to say the least. We had a pack full of rookies and we pick a small winger and small hooker on the bench??

I spoke to Nighty the night before and he told me the plan was for him to replace Luciano in the back row when he needed a spell. At the time I thought, WTF? Haven't we got another backrower in the club? But, as we know Host went down in the first couple of minutes and poor old Nighty played nearly the whole game in the forwards. In the second half he was totally gassed, and the Storm were running at him at will. He tried his heart out but he was gone and I was screaming for him to be replaced by one of the big boys on the bench.

Bad bench selection and terrible use of the bench.
Nailed it....!!!

I felt sorry for Nightingale having to play some 65 minutes as a backrower on the edge. He tried his guts out and tackled until he was physically shot. It was too big an ask to put him there in the first place after only getting some short 9 minute stints in the previous weeks.
I thought Mary threw him in temporarily whilst he worked out a better solution and rotation. BTW Sele looks to be carrying some injuries with all the strapping to his body and knee.....he did not seem to play long or contribute much (nobody bagged him...like poor Flo)
Who the hell is our strapper?
Seles knee strapping was coming off after two minutes on the field.
However, Sele is too small for the role they want him to play, he’s a utility bench player at best.

Yep, the choice of bench was puzzling to say the least. We had a pack full of rookies and we pick a small winger and small hooker on the bench??

I spoke to Nighty the night before and he told me the plan was for him to replace Luciano in the back row when he needed a spell. At the time I thought, WTF? Haven't we got another backrower in the club? But, as we know Host went down in the first couple of minutes and poor old Nighty played nearly the whole game in the forwards. In the second half he was totally gassed, and the Storm were running at him at will. He tried his heart out but he was gone and I was screaming for him to be replaced by one of the big boys on the bench.

Bad bench selection and terrible use of the bench.
I could not understand leaving Flo in the middle when he was obviously out of it and leave Lawrie on the bench, it made no sense.

And oh, Luc seemed like he needed a spell quite often, lucky he just decides for himself when he needs one and just goes missing on the field.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Jase did 37 tackles last night in a position hes not played in. He should be applauded for his efforts not berated because he missed tackles. The treatment he gets is disgraceful from some. What do you expect him to do? I was at the game and his contact in defence was some of the best of the night.

For me him playing in the 2nd row should just add to the legend that he is. For me that is the case

Flo’s time has past.

Great Club man.

Was forced to play to
Many minutes in the middle.

Made a huge number of tackles.

I have nothing but respect for the bloke.

Unfortunately there is no place for sentiment in a winning culture.

He should either play wing in FG or wing in ISP next week.

At present he should be playing ISP barring injuries in FG.

Flo’s time has past.

Great Club man.

Was forced to play to
Many minutes in the middle.

Made a huge number of tackles.

I have nothing but respect for the bloke.

Unfortunately there is no place for sentiment in a winning culture.

He should either play wing in FG or wing in ISP next week.

At present he should be playing ISP barring injuries in FG.
If he’s not good enough to play on the wing he shouldn’t be in the side, simple really, but then Mary usually does “simple” so well.

BBTB

Juniors
I could not understand leaving Flo in the middle when he was obviously out of it and leave Lawrie on the bench, it made no sense.

And oh, Luc seemed like he needed a spell quite often, lucky he just decides for himself when he needs one and just goes missing on the field.
Lucky is not fit and needs to lose 10kgs... He's to fat...

Dragsters

First Grade
Jase did 37 tackles last night in a position hes not played in. He should be applauded for his efforts not berated because he missed tackles. The treatment he gets is disgraceful from some. What do you expect him to do? I was at the game and his contact in defence was some of the best of the night.

For me him playing in the 2nd row should just add to the legend that he is. For me that is the case

Me too.

Well said mate...

kit66

Bench
Never been quick -should have been played on wing and Mann maybe at lock.

That would have made sense, Mann's been doing it for weeks in the middle.

Weren't the Storm's last 3 tries scored after Nightie went off ?
The rot started when Nichols (?) and Aitken let the worlds oldest 2nd rower stroll through Sydney Heads to score untouched.
Nightie came off looking like a busted prize fighter, he made nearly 40 tackles in the middle instead of his usual 5 - 10 on the wing. He's a bloody legend and there's not a poster on here good enough to clean his boots.

Dragsters

First Grade

The rot started when Nichols (?) and Aitken let the worlds oldest 2nd rower stroll through Sydney Heads to score untouched.
Nightie came off looking like a busted prize fighter, he made nearly 40 tackles in the middle instead of his usual 5 - 10 on the wing. He's a bloody legend and there's not a poster on here good enough to clean his boots.

Indeed, well said sir...

Frank Facer

First Grade

But should Nightingale be on the bench and if so, how do you think he should be used off the bench?

AJB1102

First Grade
Sharks had a back on the bench for most of 2016. Just don't play the merkin in the forwards lol

Gm5

Juniors
I can't blame nighty solely for this loss. f**k I can't blame him at all

Bench

McGregor should hang his head in shame over the use of the bench. It’s not that he has been good all season.
You don’t put a winger on for 70 minutes. Nightingale was busted. It’s a pity some of the other bench players didn’t put in the same effort as Nightingale.
We, the fans have been critical of his use of the bench all season and last night was on iceing on the cake. He does not have a clue.

McGregor should hang his head in shame over the use of the bench. It’s not that he has been good all season.
You don’t put a winger on for 70 minutes. Nightingale was busted. It’s a pity some of the other bench players didn’t put in the same effort as Nightingale.
We, the fans have been critical of his use of the bench all season and last night was on iceing on the cake. He does not have a clue.

Nope, he dosnt, it appears he never will, the bench escapes him.