What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R17 Fri - Panthers 36-4 Warriors @ Panthers

Round 17: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
It's up there with with Penrith's 23-2 win over a full strength Canberra side in Canberra back in 1990 (with Penrith's team depleted due to injury - no Alexander as well).
I have that game on VHS. No Simmons either, or MG. Paul Taylor MoM. Played 3 games for us. Chris Mortimer kicking goals and outstanding in general play. Penalty count 15-3 to Raiders. They were missing Clyde, but that's about all.

A similar effort to beat the Broncos at home 18-2 a few weeks later. These were the big 3 that year. Gus had us on fire only to just fall short in the big one.

Paul Taylor broke his collarbone the next week against his old club Parra, and that was the end of his career. Might have made the difference for us but it wasn't to be.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It’s kinda ironic that for the last 10 years Panthers fans talk up every single one of their juniors like theyre immortals, and most of the time they do nothing. Then the one guy that none of them rate comes out and kills it against a full strength top 4 side.

Meth

Staff member
It’s kinda ironic that for the last 10 years Panthers fans talk up every single one of their juniors like theyre immortals, and most of the time they do nothing. Then the one guy that none of them rate comes out and kills it against a full strength top 4 side.

We weren't full strength. Afoa and Harris were massive losses for us.

Also, I think saying that we're a 'top 4' side, while technically correct at kick off, is an overstatement of how good we are.

Generalzod

Immortal

Remember all the rage for Tia Maria...

betcats

Referee

I’ve talked Luai up as a future fger many times, we all knew who he was, he was a star in nyc after Cleary moved up. And yeah most of our juniors do nothing:rolleyes: that’s probably because we produce so many. Some of your best work there vic.

Edit: speaking of juniors being compared to immortals Luke brooks was being compared to Andrew Johns at one point.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

None of us rate? I've been calling for Luai to step up all year with Cleary injured.

Saying that May has been out playing him in reserves and he looked a bit off.

GongPanther

Referee
We weren't full strength. Afoa and Harris were massive losses for us.

Also, I think saying that we're a 'top 4' side, while technically correct at kick off, is an overstatement of how good we are.
And we were without 9 injured or retired because of injury.

The saving grace for the Warriors is that they will remain in the top 8. Once they get back to full strength in the finals,anything can and does happen.

mxlegend99

Referee
He has been pretty average in reserve grade this year. Was average in his test matches for Samoa.

Moylan was similar. Not bad in lower grades. But never a standout before being man of the match on debut.

Some fans did rate him a bit. Butf or me I thought he would be more Will Smith like if given a shot.

Latest posts