What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks for Sale?

taipan

Referee
Look, we’re also willing to help rid you of more player wage debt. seeing as though he came through our junior system, we’ll gladly take Segerayo back to help your financial bottom line.

The things we do for you lot.........

It would be nice to have a hooker than can actually pass to his right. Granville does my f**king head in.

Such consideration is to be applauded.

If we had such a bottom line problem, we would not have taken on Moylan,Dugan,resigned Gal.Only one NRL club made a profit last year or maybe you can throw in Souths.And we wanted to retain Holmes.

We've received a few million plus from the State Govt for a Centre of Excellence,for a club that is in fact already a Centre of Excellence.
When Glanville gets a haircut, he may actually play like a footballer.

Don't be too concerned about us, we are doing Ok,and will be doing a hell of a lot better financially once all development is completed.We may then be in a position to lend you money at a reasonable 5.7% rate.
Think the portion of the $13m grant from the NRL will more than cover salary cap.

I'll discuss further with the Arab Sheik ,whether he is interested in the naming rights for the new NQ stadium.Known as the Horseshoe.

txta2

Bench
Just another businessman trying to rip off the Sharks. Why not , lots of other con artists have.

Generalzod

Immortal
Plenty of sand dunes.
Talking about sand dunes Panther I remember back in 1985 the sand dunes st Kurnell where like scenes from Laurence of Arabia, Even George Miller used the sand dunes in Kurnell to film Mad Max 3, the sand dunes now have disappeared due to over mining.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Talking about sand dunes Panther I remember back in 1985 the sound dunes st Kurnell where like scenes from Laurence of Arabia, Even George Miller used the sand dunes in Kurnell to film Mad Max 3, the sand dunes now have disappeared due to over mining.
Didn't know that. Wanda twin murders happened in those dunes if I remember correctly.

Zerô

Juniors
Look, if the Sharks are in financial dires at the moment over the delay in developer coin going into their bank accounts, NQ are willing to help out in these troubling times by freeing the club of the burden of having to pay Valentine Holmes his football wage.

It’s the right thing to do for the betterment of the Sutherland Shire and the game as a whole.

NQ- doing the righty by the league since 1995.

That's very generous of the Northern Queensland club to pay Val's wages, but what do they get in return?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Probably planning to develop the other half of the swamp

It’s a pretty good investment risk now that planning approval has happened. If the new southern stadium comes off they can move there and the owner can flog off the rest of the land for apartments. Nice return.

Zerô

Juniors
Salary cap and wage payment relief.

It’s the honourable and utterly right thing to do.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

What do NQ get in return for paying Val's wages for him to remain at the Sharks?

Like should they be given an apartment or a meat tray?

taipan

Referee
Probably planning to develop the other half of the swamp

"I am hearing"( to use a Wiedlerism),we have a lobbyist with full paper pags,discussing such a thing, with the specific authorities.
Filling in Botany Bay ,is also next on the agenda.
Our wealthy fans (including Sheik Ali Baba )with private jets ,will then be able to taxi almost to the front door of the Stadium.
Manchester United,you ain't seen nothing yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: siv

ashton

Juniors
so the Sharks want to build more apartments when currently there is an over supply of apartments in Sydney and the housing bubble is about to burst?

oh boy
You are 100% correct. With interest rates rising and a 1.7 trillion dollar mortgage market debt in Australia ....what could possible go wrong? LOL

Eion

First Grade
You are 100% correct. With interest rates rising and a 1.7 trillion dollar mortgage market debt in Australia ....what could possible go wrong? LOL
Ah but you see, we carry none of the risk and just get a windfall depending on sales, at worst apartments don’t sell and we don’t get extra money.....so nothing can go wrong. But thanks for asking.

Yep a lot has happened since then
Development was approved and is going gang busters.
We have unearthed some amazing young players
...and we’ve won a premiership

It’s a funny old world isn’t it?

Further delicious proof of this is that the last bad thing to happen to Cronulla, Todd Carney, has just been signed to Perth Reds team Hull KR. We go from strength to strength, PR gets the turds we flushed on the way.

Last edited:

Latest posts