What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BBTB

Juniors
Agree Periera has played 15 games
scored 15 trys
total running meters2234 at 149 per game
15 line breaks
85 tackle busts
Not much more he can do.
Herbert has played 15 games
scored 8 trys
total running meters 2248 at 150 per game
So to me herbert is a nrl player in the waiting.
This year he has played centre, 6 and 1.
So at least a bench spot.
Mary must be blind, as well as stupid....

BBTB

Juniors
I think you'll find that they let Packer go because of the money the Tigers were throwing at him, and that they also had Graham coming in.

I think Latimore has done alright this year...hasn't done anything flashy but has been solid. I get the impression that he's a good bloke to have around for team culture. Would I prefer to see a youngster in his position? of course...

Lawrie has actually put on size since last season and will continue to grow. Sele and Host have held their own in FG.

It's hard to get a read on the young forwards/second rowers as they never get enough game time to show their worth. judging players on 5-10 minute spells a game is a little harsh...

I was hoping to see Herbet/Periera get a shot, but I honestly can't see any changes to our backline until two or more get injured.
So why not keep Packer, and welcome Graham.. We didn't need a f**kn mop like Latimoron.. We already got rid of him once... These knuckle heads running this club astound me.

TruSaint

Referee
So why not keep Packer, and welcome Graham.. We didn't need a f**kn mop like Latimoron.. We already got rid of him once... These knuckle heads running this club astound me.

Ok, i will go against the grain here.

Packer pissed off for more $$$. Good luck to him i say.. Did his time, the club helped him in his rehabilitation etc etc...

Latimore has been very good for us. Yep, he's been around, but he has been great off the bench along with LAM. In fact Latimore has surprised me. Can bend the line, has an off load, solid in defence and has experience. He;s no dud...

No way we could have kept Packer and sign Graham.

Graham has proven his worth, being heavily subsidised by the Dogs, and a leader of men.

Club has made some shite calls over the past years, but letting Packer go for the money he wanted and bringing Graham into the fold isnt one of the clangers.

ouryears

Bench
Because packer wanted to go.

And his form has dropped big time anyway.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So it turns out that young Sailor was promoted to the top 30 at the 11th hour.
Millward confirming they were chasing 3 backs, none of which could get am early release.
What is more interesting is the desire to sign an outside back. Its becoming clear that this is Nighty's last hoorah, but more importantly, does this mean an entire shift of our backline?
With Nighty retiring (not confirmed) I would have thought that his wing would have been filled by one of Mann, Lomax or Herbert. Obviously, McGregor isnt committed to these 3 players and wants a ready made player.
Lots of new hype around young Saab with a 4yr deal to which first 2 as a DP then top 30. I guess this would equal the rumour of Nene departing at the end of 2020. However, where does Lomax fit in here, Fullback, Centre or Wing? My guess is at centre in place of Aitken who would move to the bench utility role, but where does that leave Mann?
I see a lot of change coming next year and especially in 2020 when our squad will look entirely different to what we know today.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So it turns out that young Sailor was promoted to the top 30 at the 11th hour.
Millward confirming they were chasing 3 backs, none of which could get am early release.
What is more interesting is the desire to sign an outside back. Its becoming clear that this is Nighty's last hoorah, but more importantly, does this mean an entire shift of our backline?
With Nighty retiring (not confirmed) I would have thought that his wing would have been filled by one of Mann, Lomax or Herbert. Obviously, McGregor isnt committed to these 3 players and wants a ready made player.
Lots of new hype around young Saab with a 4yr deal to which first 2 as a DP then top 30. I guess this would equal the rumour of Nene departing at the end of 2020. However, where does Lomax fit in here, Fullback, Centre or Wing? My guess is at centre in place of Aitken who would move to the bench utility role, but where does that leave Mann?
I see a lot of change coming next year and especially in 2020 when our squad will look entirely different to what we know today.

The way Mann gets all the odd jobs, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the fall guy and gets punted if we need to cull one player.
Just saying.

Drag Queen

Bench
Because packer wanted to go.

And his form has dropped big time anyway.[/QUO
The way Mann gets all the odd jobs, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the fall guy and gets punted if we need to cull one player.
Just saying.
Say it isn't so OKB. You're probably right though. I give him 100% credit for sticking round. Not sure other clubs were hunting him out given they didn't see much of him.

TruSaint

Referee
Just saying.

I dont know whats happening behind the scenes, but Mann have been shafted big time.

Signed as a 1, dropped after 2 games, has since been used everywhere in the backline, in the forwards and spent a great deal of his talent sitting on the bench. During this period, over the past few years, we have had players out of form ( early on Aitken, Lafai, and even Nene ) been given a free run in the star up side. Let alone this year with Flo.

Why would he not leave. ?

Maybe Mary has plans for him in 2019, but he is a keeper for mine. Speed, great step, high work ethic, a great finisher...

Bench
What do people think of our ISP player Jordan P. He seems to be killing it there. Any opnion of him making it to first grade

Drag Queen

Bench
I don't want Mann punted. My only complaint against him is that he can be a ball hog much like Aikten. Reluctant to pass.

Latest posts