What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon count down

TheParraboy

Staff member
So... now we need a couple of teams to get done for cheating the cap? Still in this.

Not necessarily

Bulldogs offload a few more of their players eg Klemmer, Jackson, Morris will help us a bit

and the likes of Manly, Tapai stranded in USA till October, Jake and Tom get kidnapped after origin 3 in Brisbane

Im gonna live on the edge here and say top 14 is in our sights...

Angry_eel

First Grade
I haven't kept a track of them but are the Morris twins still up for it? Surely, they've had their days in the limelight.

TheParraboy

Staff member
They still go ok, though turning 32 in August

Brett would be the better value
still quite quick and safe
can play wing or FB with ease

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Not necessarily

Bulldogs offload a few more of their players eg Klemmer, Jackson, Morris will help us a bit

and the likes of Manly, Tapai stranded in USA till October, Jake and Tom get kidnapped after origin 3 in Brisbane

I think Jackson would provide some much needed leadership in this team.

Not necessarily

I was talking about top 8. :D

strider

Post Whore
We did indeed get the two. And a win by 37 points or more tonight puts us in the Top 15! Which will be further cemented when the Bunnies smash the Dogs.
You would think we might be fine with a less than 37 pt win if the bunnies can do a job on the doggies

Im thinking 35 points would be good enough

Chipmunk

Coach
Not running last would be the worst thing to happen to this team.

It is the only thing that is going to ensure that the coaching staff finally realise that the squad is not good enough to be a contender

We won games the last two seasons purely on individual brilliance that is currently no longer there, whether it is Semi's departure or Gutherson yet to return to what he was before the knee injury. I think we now have to possibly consider that after two ACLs that Guthersons speed might not return to what it was.

Well I was looking at the wrong numbers yesterday. Our differential is now 59 points worse than the Dogs, after their loss today. Our Top 15 prospects are bleaker than I thought. On the bright side, we actually improved our differential compared to theirs by 16 points, so a definite step forward. Things are looking up.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure how our differential will improve still having to play Roosters, Dragons (with no fatigue) Cowboys (in Townsville), Storm in Melbourne and 1st placed Souths

We are gonna have to reel in 60 point wins v the dogs and titans to have a chance

Latest posts