What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 Commentators (Poll included)

Who should lead Channel 7’s Cricket Coverage

• Michael Slater

• Mel McLaughlin

• Jim Wilson

• James Brayshaw

• Mark Taylor

• Bruce McAvaney

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mcgrath is f**king ordinary as well. Look forward to him and Fleming the f**kwit boring us to tears about the fast bowling cartel bullshit from 20 years ago.

mozza91

Coach
Can’t wait to hear about all the Speccies and Hangers in the outfield ‘IF YOU DON’T MIND!!!’

undertaker

Coach
At least Bruce McAvaney is honest in his reason why he didn't consider the ball-by-ball commentary role:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ison-mitchell-tim-lane-departure-nine-formula

"I don't think I'm capable of calling Test cricket now," McAvaney said when interviewed by Peter Donegan on SEN. "I reckon I might've been 35 years ago, because I don't think my knowledge now is up to scratch. I could call Donegan [bowling] to McAvaney but if McAvaney hooked and got caught on the boundary line, I wouldn't be able to recall that three years ago he did the same thing, and I reckon that's important. I think that's how well you've got to know the sport.

And Thank God we've been spared from hearing him in the ball-by-ball role, could you imagine having to listen to this:

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Looking forward to see what Gillespie brings to the commentary. Very knowledgeable about the game and has a big personality as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Channel 9 commentary team - genuine consensus worst line up on Aussie tv

Channel 7 - “hold my beer”

How do these people f**k it up so badly??? No f**king clue, too many Victorians making decisions obviously.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Brayshaw: 'look at those long levers Slats'
Slater: 'you beauty, He's an ORSTRALIAIAN'
Brayshaw: 'such a big strong man, Mitchell Marsh'.
Fleming: 'he reminds me of the time I took a hat trick on debut while flogging off to AFL'
Lane: 'and here we are at the G, home of afl football and what a narrative we have today'

Alwaysgreen:
images-2.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
With Seven holding the rights to the AFL, you know the closer we get to winter, the more it'll be used as a cross-promotional vehicle. The BBL will be pretty difficult to watch.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well I for one will 100% be watching on Fox, Warnie or no....my god that's an awful lineup

Reactions: JW
i'll wait and see how it actually pans out before i judge.. huge paradigm shift from Channel 9's reign.

But begs the question of what would be a "good" line-up...

Not much favourable reaction here on 7/fox line up - which I respect - but in a "fantasy commentary league" my team would be..

Harsha Bogle
Jim Maxwell
Tubby
Ian Chappell
Allan Border
Brendon Julian
Isa Guha
Michael Holding
David Gower
Freddie Flintoff.

Feel free to fire into me with reasoning!

Skeletor

Juniors
The odd thing about Warne is if you can get him to focus on the game at hand, he actually is capable of providing some pretty interesting insight. There have been times hearing Warne commentate when he brought up something about a batsman or bowler's tendencies and I've thought to myself "wow, never noticed that". If FOX can get him to focus on the cricket, he's actually a really good pickup.

Latest posts