What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread 28/7/18

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn't see the game so wont comment on that. A fair few on here seem to think there was some shocking decisions but whether that is due to blue and gold glasses, I can't say.
Have a look in the game day forum. The only people who don't think we were dudded are Souths fans.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
19 meters - another disgraceful performance from French. Missed tackles and dropped balls that lead to tries. Continues to be thrown into touch.
It's brad's choice to continue to choose players out of form and the remainder of this team is asked to make up the difference.

Brad deserves everything he receives, and if the review committee decided to head into a new direction, brad can be seen to have dug his own grave
The problem is there's no-one better available. Did you see the Wenty squad yesterday? None of them are better wingers than French.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Souths didn't turn up, the refs thought it was their fault and Burgess helped convince them. In the second half they were preoccupied with 'fixing' things. It's just human error. The real problem is the rules of the game. Refs are asked to do too much. There are potentially dozens of ref decisions every minute. Even the non-calls impact the game. Rugby league is shit.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon it was one of the most noticable square ups I've ever seen. The Burgess remonstration towards Peni Ts so called dropped ball was laughable.

Eelogical

Referee
I think Souths didn't turn up, the refs thought it was their fault and Burgess helped convince them. In the second half they were preoccupied with 'fixing' things. It's just human error. The real problem is the rules of the game. Refs are asked to do too much. There are potentially dozens of ref decisions every minute. Even the non-calls impact the game. Rugby league is shit.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to accept that teams go from good to bad and bad to good within the short window of time called the half-time break. Sure as eggs the refs will even up a lopsided penalty count in the second half and I don't think I'm imagining it.

Noise

Coach
What did you think of Souths' first penalty, which led to their first try?
When Moeroa was penalized for flopping on the player despite Moses having fallen off the tackle. Was a terrible decision that just began all the rot.

I reckon the tackle was probably completed and can cop the call of a flop. If it was souths flopping on us in the same situation I’d be calling for a penalty.
But everyone sees things differently.

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon the tackle was probably completed and can cop the call of a flop. If it was souths flopping on us in the same situation I’d be calling for a penalty.

I reckon you and the refs would be the only ones who would think that way. No way was the tackle complete. If he was able to get up and run again I would not have batted an eyelid. Actually I would have been cursing Moses for missing the tackle.

Did the ref call held? If not, maybe they should consider it for every tackle.

Latest posts