What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame and Immortals

GongPanther

Referee
Immortals are judged for their playing ability alone. He was no angel but that isnt the criteria.
I guess so. But bringing the game into disrepute should become a criteria. Especially with the relaxed attitudes towards drugs. Only a druggie condones what Johns did.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Immortals by club:
St George 4 (Gasnier, Langlands, Provan, Raper)

Eastern Suburbs 3 ( Beetson, Brown, Messenger)

South Sydney 1 (Churchill)

Manly Warringah 1 (Fulton)

Newcastle 1 (Johns)

Canberra 1 (Meninga)

Glebe 1 (Burge)

Obviously Beetson played for a couple of other teams. Fulton and Burge as well but primarily with the one side.

Lewis is a bit of an outlier in that his immortal status was more fir what he did at state and test level.

mozza91

Coach
I guess so. But bringing the game into disrepute should become a criteria. Especially with the relaxed attitudes towards drugs. Only a druggie condones what Johns did.
You do realise that footballers from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s did far worse shit than Joey ever did?

Pedge1971

First Grade
No doubt a great player. But his off field antics should have been considered. But hey,I guess it's all good as it paves the way for Fittler to eventually get the nod.

(BTW,I'm still steaming that Paul Cariage didn't get a blazer)

Why should offield count when it didnt with others?

Pedge1971

First Grade
What off field antics? Popping a few pills? How many men haven't taken a few party drugs. Crime of the Century right there.

That'd rule Lockyer out too btw. And well, 99% of league players. Let's rule out JT for Coffs Harbour. And Smith & Slater for cheating the cap (they didn't know lololol).

The only Immortal left for candidacy will be Jesus by the time we're done.

f**king finally some truth. You talk a lot of Roosters shit Tommy but bang on here..

Pedge1971

First Grade
I'd just like to congratulate Billy Slater on being named an immortal
Should throw in a few BRL/QRL players at least into the Hall Of Fame.

The idea that the NSWRL is the end of the universe is sickening...

Again. Why? When they were any good they were bought to Sydney in the 70s and 80s which was the best comp on the planet at the time.

If the BRL was so good why was Combined Brisbane in the midwwek comp and not the club teams??

King hit

Coach
Do feel Lockyer was more deserving than Meninga but I believe that they made good selections honouring the past as modern players will be added in the next round. Nice to see Messanger honoured as we probably wouldn’t have a comp without. Great that Provan was finally named, he had to be there.

Latest posts