What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

no name

Coach
Yeah Latrell is looking a little fat isn’t he? Might explain his effort tonight

Worst
Comeback
Ever
giphy.gif

Valheru

Coach
Latrell with a massive 29m against the Cowboys. Unstoppable.

Where do you get your stats from? He ran for 41 metres and still had more tries, line breaks and tackle breaks than Will Chambers.

Without Keary there, Latrell was always going to get less ball.

The_Shield

Juniors
Where do you get your stats from? He ran for 41 metres and still had more tries, line breaks and tackle breaks than Will Chambers.

Without Keary there, Latrell was always going to get less ball.
The Fox league app has him at 31 meters, it was 29 when I checked, either way it’s a piss poor effort from Latrell, especially when you consider the Roosters dominated the majority of the game. His try had nothing to do with him, all he had to do was catch the ball and put it down thanks to the guys inside him. And while the Storm got dominated, Chambers was good, 120 meters, that’s 4X the amount Latrell made. Plus he had to contend with Cheyse Blair f**cking everything up

The Fox league app has him at 31 meters, it was 29 when I checked, either way it’s a piss poor effort from Latrell, especially when you consider the Roosters dominated the majority of the game. His try had nothing to do with him, all he had to do was catch the ball and put it down thanks to the guys inside him. And while the Storm got dominated, Chambers was good, 120 meters, that’s 4X the amount Latrell made. Plus he had to contend with Cheyse Blair f**cking everything up

Whoopee, Will Chambers had a good game. Let's look at the season to date -

Will Chambers
Games: 15
Runs: 157
Metres gained: 1,417
Tries: 3
Goals: 0.
Try Assists: 1
Line breaks: 4
Tackle Breaks: 24
Offloads: 9
Errors: 22
Tackles: 196
Missed Tackles: 42
Penalties conceded: 7.

Latrell Mitchell
Games: 18
Runs: 130
Metres gained: 1,342
Tries: 12
Goals: 69
Try Assists: 4
Line breaks: 14
Tackle Breaks: 77
Offloads: 18
Errors: 16
Tackles: 141
Missed Tackles: 24
Penalties conceded: 16.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=games

Latrell cannot be a Hall of Famer let alone an Immortal until he has been retired for five years. That would mean that Latrell can not qualify for either status until probably 2035. But I am willing to bet now that he gets both. He combines the talents of Reg Gasnier and Mal Meninga in one person.

Chook Norris

First Grade

Has it ever occurred to you that different players have different roles in the side and his role is definitely not to be a meter eater/ hit up monster? What good is that if it diminishes your quality in attack near the try line?

Let me guess - you grew up being obsessed by metre stats? Coaches and people like you are the reason our game has developed into a monotony of big athletes who can do nothing but run straight lines. Chambers essentially fits that description and fails in comparison to Mitchell.