What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
If anyone had told me 50 odd years ago that this would be the status quo of the club as it is now , I would had laughed in their face . Gawd , how the mighty have fallen ! And I am not referring only to our beloved team of Dragons , but to the most incompetent board in the entire NRL that has a death wish - to bring this club to its knees .

hazzbeen

Bench
If anyone had told me 50 odd years ago that this would be the status quo of the club as it is now , I would had laughed in their face . Gawd , how the mighty have fallen ! And I am not referring only to our beloved team of Dragons , but to the most incompetent board in the entire NRL that has a death wish - to bring this club to its knees .
Gareth the Club is on its knees , just waiting now for someone to cut the head off to see if it bleeds Red and White ......

hazzbeen

Bench
They did once hazzbeen, but as the years have gone by they have become stagnant, thus the red and white blood cells are now the color of money .
In saying that the CEO has run the Club to the ground , it is the most outdated Club , has nothing going for it , as for making money probably does , but no where near what it should . We need someone with drive and passion to bring this once mighty Club from its knees .....

Gareth67

First Grade
In saying that the CEO has run the Club to the ground , it is the most outdated Club , has nothing going for it , as for making money probably does , but no where near what it should . We need someone with drive and passion to bring this once mighty Club from its knees .....

hazzbeen it’s taken a while for the penny to finally drop for me , but of course as so many members have been saying for so long now we shall never have the opportunity of having such a person .

As the current board are , as has been said , only concerned with their own survival and as such will never allow the club to be sold off unless their own positions are secured on the new board .

That is what is just so infuriating and it also bears out what Brian Smith said a number of years ago - that this club has the same stench of decay about it as Newtown did , or very similar words .

hazzbeen

Bench
hazzbeen it’s taken a while for the penny to finally drop for me , but of course as so many members have been saying for so long now we shall never have the opportunity of having such a person .

As the current board are , as has been said , only concerned with their own survival and as such will never allow the club to be sold off unless their own positions are secured on the new board .

That is what is just so infuriating and it also bears out what Brian Smith said a number of years ago - that this club has the same stench of decay about it as Newtown did , or very similar words .
So old mate putting it simple we are F**ked ....

Gareth67

First Grade
So old mate putting it simple we are F**ked ....

I going to say no we are not , there is always a chance that there will be someone whom will look at the club and it proud history and say - well it will cost me an arm and a leg but I will get this club back to where it rightfully belongs - at the top of the tree .

He will have to be ruthless in his approach, get rid of the garbage that is clogging the the drains and then finally the waters of success shall flow once more .

I am afraid that it comes under the category called - hope .

Last edited:

rednwhites

Juniors
2015 We lost 11 of our last 14 games under Paul McGregor (21% winning rate)
2016 We lost 7 of our last 9 games under Paul McGregor (22% winning rate)
2017 We lost 8 of our last 12 games under Paul McGregor (33% winning rate)
2018 We have lost 4 of our last 5 games under Paul McGregor and the writing is on the wall.

The stats are damning! This is the mighty and famous Dragons club being brought into disrepute.

Last edited:

dragons girl

Juniors
All of us know we need a new coach.Broncos want Bennett gone.The question is do we go after Bennett with a big chance actually winning the premiership? With the current group I think Bennett could do a lot with them.He has coached Widdop,Hunt and Graham.What other coaches are out there and would they even come to the dragons.Thoughts please.

18to87

First Grade
All of us know we need a new coach.Broncos want Bennett gone.The question is do we go after Bennett with a big chance actually winning the premiership? With the current group I think Bennett could do a lot with them.He has coached Widdop,Hunt and Graham.What other coaches are out there and would they even come to the dragons.Thoughts please.
We all want it. Could come down to whether he can work with Doust's replacement or not.

possm

Coach
Bennett with JD as assistant would do the job just fine. He will need to find two good props and let go all the rubbish we have.

getsmarty

Immortal
We all know Bennett has a knack for finding talent.Souths won a premiership and when there coach started going down hill they sacked him.Now Souths are looking pretty good right now.

Agree ; has our coach ever been uphill for an entire season ?

When we go on our regular season slump, it looks as if he seemingly has no answers.

Gippsy

Bench
So, are you asking that if we had the choice, should we stick with Paul McGregor or should we sign Wayne Bennett?

Gee, that's a tough one

Bench
Bennett will never move south of the border and I believe he would want total control over the coaching staff, player retention and recruitment.
The club management would never accept that.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Bennett will never move south of the border and I believe he would want total control over the coaching staff, player retention and recruitment.
The club management would never accept that.

It was once thought that Bennett would never leave Brisbane. History shows he did in 2009. If Bennett wants to continue coaching... and he’s on record saying he does..he may move to NSW again, especially if the offer is right. I’d say a deciding factor could be personal life with his new(ish) missus.

Latest posts