What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I told you so

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Deja vu
Sitting high up in the stand felt like I was watching a train wreck.
I remember a scene from "The Hunt for Red October"
The bad Russian Captain - Hunting Ramulas (Big Sean)
His fledgling turns to the captain...
"You arrogant Prick - You kill the God Damn lot of us"
Watching the press conference all of my suspicions were confirmed
These pricks think they can click their fingers and all will be right in the world again.

I say piss McGregor off and any other tool who wants to support him.
There is a turn "ClusterF#@k - I believe that's were we are at.
Attack, akin to park footy.
Tackling - and this is with a kin eye - Most all of our players (notable stars) are Speed humps
very Sowardesque - I had the Shi*ts yesterday watching this.

With all the Drama at Penrith and Manly For a moment - I'd be happy with Barrett coaching us

I have to say there were no positives out of yesterdays game - what-so-ever.
Anybody - that includes we supporters who think is a negative and criticise me needs to stop and take a hard look at themself - Wake up and deal with reality - WE ARE F&$KED

We've been sailing along since before SOO blindly (post Melbourne game), thinking we deserve to be ranked No 1 well we're no even close
Next Parra - we snuck home last time - We will be lucky to win that - Less that 50% says we will
Tigers at Liechhart - There's a loss - They have a sniff now
Canterbury @ Jubilee - They have the wood on us - at very best 50/50 chance
Knight in the last round - we'll have to earn that win - again if we're lucky.
Then comes the finals
Hmmmmmm

Stick a fork in us - We're done
A real Million dollar player would of won that game for us yesterday - Hunt didn't.
He looks disinterested (wandering around) - dare I say it homesick

dragons girl

Juniors
You did tell us and I think no it won’t happen like 2017. History does repeat itself. I’m dreading 2019. This season and next season promised so much. We are a club in trouble.
We have been in trouble for a while now we have a couch unable or willing to make changes.Like most of us its ground hog day all over again.Dare i say it again get Bennett he has the ability to stop this kind of inept crap

dragons girl

Juniors
The saddest thing about this is we are in the top 4 with a month to go until the finals. Instead of being excited about the finals we are so mentally scarred by Mary's fade that at we are not even sure we will make the top 8 given our form.
Yes we were great at the start of the year until other teams figured us out Now we have no idea of what to do. No plan b or c.I was excited about this year but now its all gone to crap

denis preston

First Grade
"‘We had a really good debrief after the Roosters on our performance as a team and I feel that there were three key work-ons from the game, one in attack, one in defence and our mindset.

“We’ve got to get them right, not complicate it too much and make sure we’re at our best in important situations around our team-first [mindset]. All systems are underpinned by an excellence of attitude and we’re working towards that. ""

This was Marys comment on Thursday or Friday Did anyone notice what his three key work-ons were or would have been ? He really either is a L plate coach or he has lost the dressing room.

I would go as far to implement change now to ensure we are competitive when ( and If ) we make the semis. Sack Mary, get Demetrio or if not some previous successful coach out of retirement ( Brian Smith ) as interim and use this time for this coach to give us an appraisal on Hornby & Young's worth to us.

possm

Coach
He actually “ layed it all on the line for this game “ as said to the media on Friday . “ I have told my players to go out there and prove the critics wrong “ .
Bluudy hell , they went out and proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. MacGregor is not a 1st grade coach , let alone good enough for the ISP side .

And the St.George Illawarra board just keep on playing the same song titled ‘ The end is nigh , but we don’t care ‘ .

Football Club Board Members should face the members each year and their positions be voted upon. I honestly believe that bringing these people to account will result in change and a better Club. Same goes for the Leagues Club which has been in decline for many years.

possm

Coach
"‘We had a really good debrief after the Roosters on our performance as a team and I feel that there were three key work-ons from the game, one in attack, one in defence and our mindset.

“We’ve got to get them right, not complicate it too much and make sure we’re at our best in important situations around our team-first [mindset]. All systems are underpinned by an excellence of attitude and we’re working towards that. ""

This was Marys comment on Thursday or Friday Did anyone notice what his three key work-ons were or would have been ? He really either is a L plate coach or he has lost the dressing room.

I would go as far to implement change now to ensure we are competitive when ( and If ) we make the semis. Sack Mary, get Demetrio or if not some previous successful coach out of retirement ( Brian Smith ) as interim and use this time for this coach to give us an appraisal on Hornby & Young's worth to us.

It really should be a coach we will use in 2019. Change now and continue through the off-season to bring about real change. And No No No Hornby, Young, Head or any other old boy.

possm

Coach
Yes we were great at the start of the year until other teams figured us out Now we have no idea of what to do. No plan b or c.I was excited about this year but now its all gone to crap
We were fresh and super fit earlier in the year. Our players were primed to stat the season super fit. Now we are tired and busted and without our forwards working as a robust pack, our super halves don't have the room or time to weave their magic. Un top of this we have a backline that only drags momentum and a coaching staff with no idea other than to whip our forwards into a super pack that always fails mid season.

possm

Coach
I am very glad that you are a Dragon supporter Crush , as without fans such as yourself many of us may just give up.
:innocent:
The football club should have two fan representatives on their Board. Just like this new entity being set up. I truly believe that most of our management don't really care about results on the field. Wins are good but it doesn't really matter. What matters to them is there own remuneration and longevity.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Deja vu
Sitting high up in the stand felt like I was watching a train wreck.
I remember a scene from "The Hunt for Red October"
The bad Russian Captain - Hunting Ramulas (Big Sean)
His fledgling turns to the captain...
"You arrogant Prick - You kill the God Damn lot of us"
Watching the press conference all of my suspicions were confirmed
These pricks think they can click their fingers and all will be right in the world again.

I say piss McGregor off and any other tool who wants to support him.
There is a turn "ClusterF#@k - I believe that's were we are at.
Attack, akin to park footy.
Tackling - and this is with a kin eye - Most all of our players (notable stars) are Speed humps
very Sowardesque - I had the Shi*ts yesterday watching this.

With all the Drama at Penrith and Manly For a moment - I'd be happy with Barrett coaching us

I have to say there were no positives out of yesterdays game - what-so-ever.
Anybody - that includes we supporters who think is a negative and criticise me needs to stop and take a hard look at themself - Wake up and deal with reality - WE ARE F&$KED

We've been sailing along since before SOO blindly (post Melbourne game), thinking we deserve to be ranked No 1 well we're no even close
Next Parra - we snuck home last time - We will be lucky to win that - Less that 50% says we will
Tigers at Liechhart - There's a loss - They have a sniff now
Canterbury @ Jubilee - They have the wood on us - at very best 50/50 chance
Knight in the last round - we'll have to earn that win - again if we're lucky.
Then comes the finals
Hmmmmmm

Stick a fork in us - We're done
A real Million dollar player would of won that game for us yesterday - Hunt didn't.
He looks disinterested (wandering around) - dare I say it homesick

I posted something similar after the Melbourne debacle but in slightly less colourful language. Yes, the coach is hopeless and we've probably only got to the top of the table because he's lucky enough to have some phenomenal athletes like Frizzell who take pride in their performance and would run through a brick wall to show that. Once that brick wall starts causing us injuries or burnout, the lack of coaching nous starts to show.

Yesterday, despite Vaughan being injured, Sims hardly touched the ball in the first half and looked flat. De Belin is still obviously inconvenienced by his hip pointer injury and stupid Mary keeps playing him needled up. James Graham is looking his age and hasn't bent the line all season. He keeps getting the ball as first receiver for out the back plays which fool no one. Widdop and to a lesser extent Hunt are incapable of running to the line with players in motion, creating doubt and putting a player through a gap. They keep passing before the line and exposing players like Dufty to two and three defenders who, if he survives being flattened, has to change direction and go into headless chook mode.

Cody Walker's master class of 5/8 play against the Storm should be required watching for McG, Widdop and Hunt. This would never happen under McG of course- but Adam Clune in the ISP against the Bulldogs gave a genuine 5/8 performance. I would give him a crack and shift Widdop to lock. Widdop might have bilateral kicking skills but his passing skills and especially his decision making on when and if to pass are poor. Unlike James Maloney who will take a tackle to keep possession and set up the next play, Widdop constantly passes even when a defender is smashing him and we inevitably lose the ball.

Meanwhile, McGregor's press conferences have turned into exercises in obfuscation, deflection and denial. Apparently "we got away from our vision" in the first half yesterday-whoever created the vision needs to go to Specsavers. I'd love someone to give me a press pass so I could ask a few hard questions of this clown after his next loss.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So did I.

Oh, but Saints beat the “good teams” (Melbourne, Cronulla, Chooks, Brisbane etc.)....”We’re a premiership CONTENDER”!!!

You don’t know what you’re on about!

Well, I forewarned many of you that this year’s draw mirrors 2017 in so many ways, but did you listen?

No.

Sometimes (on the rarest occasion) I am proven right.

Sadly, this is one of those times.

Gareth67

First Grade
redandwhite4ever - there was a AFL coach on yesterday’s Fox Sports and he was replying to a question concerning an injury to one of his key players . The coach said that unless he , the player is 100% fit he would not be playing - fullstop .

“ We will not be burdened with one individual who is not 100% , that way there is no excuses. “
To the best of my knowledge both James Graham and Jack De Belin have been carrying injuries for quite some time now and I have a sneaking suspicion that Tyson Fizzell is not 100% himself . Mary could had rested these players ( although he did so with Frizzell ) but did not , I wonder if he is regrets that decision now .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I have a funny feeling that this thread started by OV will actually be the turning point and the dragons will somehow turn it all around and march into the Grand Final.
Just so that I can bump the thread and call OV out for going early on the TOLDYA call :wink:

MilanDragon

Juniors
I’m thinkimh this poor patch is a blessing in disguise (or at least I’m hopeful it is).

Every team has a slump at some point, we are in the midst of ours right now. The good thing is is we win 7 games in a row we win the comp (allowing for a week off in finals). That is achievable, and I think roosters/Souths are going to struggle to maintain their current form for another 7 weeks - the roosters are peaking right now.

My post is based on hope, but hey without that what would I have to look forward to?

redVbull

Juniors
calling this a form slump is optimistic ...

We've steadily regressed into disarray in attack ... no cohesion between Hunt and Widdop, sideways running, too much forward intervention when fast movement to backline is on... generally woeful short kicking game, flat footed backs, we have it all ...

Watching how we played against Warriors and yet another display of dysfunctional attack, this late into the season, questions have to be asked what exactly is the attack plan training strategy ?!?!
Do we even have one?

calling this a form slump is optimistic ...

We've steadily regressed into disarray in attack ... no cohesion between Hunt and Widdop, sideways running, too much forward intervention when fast movement to backline is on... generally woeful short kicking game, flat footed backs, we have it all ...

Watching how we played against Warriors and yet another display of dysfunctional attack, this late into the season, questions have to be asked what exactly is the attack plan training strategy ?!?!
Do we even have one?
We don’t have an attacking strategy, we have Ben Hornby.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have a funny feeling that this thread started by OV will actually be the turning point and the dragons will somehow turn it all around and march into the Grand Final.
Just so that I can bump the thread and call OV out for going early on the TOLDYA call :wink:
lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think we were over achieving earlier in the season. I said at the start of the season that I had us 4th pick, but we had give a 2 or 3 young backs a chance and for them and Dufty to be success stories. Us winning at the start of the season, prevented any chance of our young backs getting an opportunity. Mary has stubbornly and foolishly stuck with Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale. I have been critical of Mary's selections in the past and his reluctance to drop players. Mary's inability to select the right team is probably his biggest fault.