What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Omnishark2

Juniors
moylan is equally to blame.
does he even have a kicking game?
Really don't get your Moylan hate - he's our only threat in attack ???

Your can just imagine how Bellamy will strangle us next week - hammer Moylan/Wade on our LHS, watch Ramien on our RHS, and watch the inside ball to Val. Our threat on Chad's side is non-existent (apart from Jesse's individual power).

And yes Moylan can kick - his bombs are better than Chad's, his short kicks are better than Chad's. Agree has has no long kicking game though.

chewsta

First Grade
Why doesn't Moyza kick then? The one kick I remember him doing was a cross field pin pointer to Val to score.

Really don't get your Moylan hate - he's our only threat in attack ???

Your can just imagine how Bellamy will strangle us next week - hammer Moylan/Wade on our LHS, watch Ramien on our RHS, and watch the inside ball to Val. Our threat on Chad's side is non-existent (apart from Jesse's individual power).

And yes Moylan can kick - his bombs are better than Chad's, his short kicks are better than Chad's. Agree has has no long kicking game though.
omni it's not a hate.
I want the team to be the best it can be.
we all do as supporters.
the team IS going backwards.
moylan is a part of this.
he has moments but that is not enough.
his influence is opportunistic.
he certainly does not manage a game for a successful outcome.
tell me in which game he has stood up as a top shelf half this year excluding the newcastle match where his non inclusion meant we lose?
chad and moylan are a crap halves pairing.
Chad's copping a bit of heat some warranted some maybe not.
the lack of sustained assistance from the 6 is putting a lot of pressure on the 7.
Maloney was a genuine threat, consistently.
Short kick, long kick, bombs, show and go draw and pass on the inside, getting to points on the field, getting players running the right lines, timing, spacing and then there is his winner attitude.
a big portion of what he brings to a side doesn't have a quantifiable metric.
chad shined under this arrangement.
we look like a bunch of robots trying execute the same old plays with a different set of players and its embarrassing.
we are all in on moylan at 6 and it's not working.
he's better suited to the fullback role but putting him there puts how many noses out of joint now?
that's what happens when you tell everyone they can come to the club to play fullback.
I just don't see how you get rid of the best 5/8 in the comp for someone who played next to no football in the 6.

snout

First Grade
omni it's not a hate.
we all do as supporters.
he certainly does not manage a game for a successful outcome.
tell me in which game he has stood up as a top shelf half this year excluding the newcastle match where his non inclusion meant we lose?
chad and moylan are a crap halves pairing.
Chad's copping a bit of heat some warranted some maybe not.
the lack of sustained assistance from the 6 is putting a lot of pressure on the 7.
Maloney was a genuine threat, consistently.
Short kick, long kick, bombs, show and go draw and pass on the inside, getting to points on the field, getting players running the right lines, timing, spacing and then there is his winner attitude.
a big portion of what he brings to a side doesn't have a quantifiable metric.
chad shined under this arrangement.
we look like a bunch of robots trying execute the same old plays with a different set of players and its embarrassing.
we are all in on moylan at 6 and it's not working.
he's better suited to the fullback role but putting him there puts how many noses out of joint now?
that's what happens when you tell everyone they can come to the club to play fullback.
I just don't see how you get rid of the best 5/8 in the comp for someone who played next to no football in the 6.
Moylans not a 5/8.

Hes a fullback.
He is constantly tun at and nullified.
Or cronullified.

txta2

Bench
Just think of the massive issues the club now faces with a coach who's son is a halfback in reserves. Will the coach be on the lookout for another half if one comes on the market?
If a younger classy halfback comes through what happens?

Omnishark2

Juniors
omni it's not a hate.
we all do as supporters.
Fair enough argument Birdee ... but a lot of what you say comes down to Flanno's outdated game plan, and our attacking structures ... no one player can overcome Flanno not moving with the times.

Moylan's still our main source of creativity in attack in most of the games he's played in IMHO.

I agree with that - I was never in favour of Maloney leaving. I said at the time Flanno could have managed that a lot better - Jimmy was way underpaid compared to lesser players, he should have given him a $250k boost and it would have been sweet. But that's water under the bridge now.

Hes a fullback.
He is constantly tun at and nullified.
But Snout every half in every team is run at & nullified - that's not a reason for Moylan not to play there. He defends better than Maloney in the same spot, and we won the comp with Jimmy.

It comes down to making the best of the players we have.
And at the moment, that's Val at 1 (despite his poor defensive positioning), Moylan at 6, Dugan at 4.
There is no-one better we could play at 6 (Chad & Flanno Jnr would be a train wreck).

sandshark

Bench
Just think of the massive issues the club now faces with a coach who's son is a halfback in reserves. Will the coach be on the lookout for another half if one comes on the market?
If a younger classy halfback comes through what happens?
I think it's quite clear with all the players we've moved on in that position that Flanny Jnr is the long term solution regardless of how good or shit he is.
Flanno has planted the seed and his grip on the club will only get stronger.

snout

First Grade
True omni they are all targeted but every other half has another guy to go to.
Moylan is trying to create everything because the ONLY play chad has is the run sideways and one hand layoff for some guy to get smashed.

If we can free moylan up from a heavy defensive load he can can at least be more effective from the back.

Hes no jimmy at 6. Jimmy can absorb a lot of pummeling and still lay on a winning play

Quicksilver

Bench
I think it's quite clear with all the players we've moved on in that position that Flanny Jnr is the long term solution regardless of how good or shit he is.
Flanno has planted the seed and his grip on the club will only get stronger.

But he hasn't been given a go in first grade yet despite Chad being terribly out of form...

I don't think there's any evidence of special treatment so far.

sandshark

Bench
But he hasn't been given a go in first grade yet despite Chad being terribly out of form...

I don't think there's any evidence of special treatment so far.
I'm gonna take a guess and say there was a goal to give him a few games this year but Flanno just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sure we'll see him next season.
He is what 22 now and hasn't played first grade. Not sure what is going on.

Edit* I think he is only 19.

Eion

First Grade
Well griffin is available! WTF are Penrith doing over there?...way to scuttle a season...

Born BB&W

Juniors
Not sure it's been mentioned but I read somewhere today that Val wants Flanno resigned before he signs again. No idea of the source was mindlessly hungover after drowning my sorrows (and anger) last night.