What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl park riot

Juniors
Did he ever bother to face the judiciary, until he does that he won't play.

Donny Thompson apparently broke his leg
Yes he received eight weeks which he’s served.
Don Thompson’s injury was really unfortunate. He made a huge break and looked like he’d score, but some desperate defence kept him in the field of play. He fell really awkwardly though and it was clear to everyone straight away that it was very serious. Fingers crossed it’s not career-ending.

kbw

Bench
Yes he received eight weeks which he’s served.
Don Thompson’s injury was really unfortunate. He made a huge break and looked like he’d score, but some desperate defence kept him in the field of play. He fell really awkwardly though and it was clear to everyone straight away that it was very serious. Fingers crossed it’s not career-ending.

thanks for the info re Meehan, even though I am not a fan of his at all, I am glad he went along and didn't just wipe RL

Def a big loss for Cabra, they are a much better team when he is playing

rightleftin

Juniors
It appears that coaches Heath Lestrange and Feleti Mateo played the full 80 minutes for Hills SS yesterday. They were in the game up to half time when they trailed 24-16 but East Campbelltown motored away after that to win 70-26.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It appears that coaches Heath Lestrange and Feleti Mateo played the full 80 minutes for Hills SS yesterday. They were in the game up to half time when they trailed 24-16 but East Campbelltown motored away after that to win 70-26.
Some odd stuff happened with the NSWRL live system for that game. Random scoring all over the place for up to half an hour post game before all scores got deleted and rebuilt to finish eventually at 70-26.

kbw

Bench
Anyone watch the cabra v belrose game?
Looks like cabra are playing a lot of sg ball players in recent weeks

3 to 4 over the last few weeks. One did his knee last week and is out. Yates is another.
Some doing well such as Yates and the young half, other 1 or 2 are struggling.

Belrose had some size and came out with a bang, hard and fast.
Cabra weathered the storm somewhat and it was made more an arm wrestle than it probably could have been with a number of errors by Cabra

Reasonably enjoyable game with probably the drinking crowd in the stand the biggest disappointment. I expected more than lame calls out to the cabra #12. Having experienced several games against Wests I guess I expect more witty and intelligent banter from a crowd on the drink :)

Last edited:

imgunawin72

Juniors
3 to 4 over the last few weeks. One did his knee last week and is out. Yates is another.
Some doing well such as Yates and the young half, other 1 or 2 are struggling.

Belrose had some size and came out with a bang, hard and fast.
Cabra weathered the storm somewhat and it was made more an arm wrestle than it probably could have been with a number of errors by Cabra

Reasonably enjoyable game with probably the drinking crowd in the stand the biggest disappointment. I expected more than lame calls out to the cabra #12. Having experienced several games against Wests I guess I expect more witty and intelligent banter from a crowd on the drink :)
Hmm i was there. Just wanted another opinion, looks like the cabra SS coach jim bramsby is being told who he must play by chris Yates the cabra RMC coach. One of the 18 year olds playing second row dropped the ball at least 4 times when getting tackled. Clearly he was struggling with physicality of playing against men, yet jim bramsbey left him on. Mean while he left matt Tomkins on the bench for 60 minutes, and when he did put him on at lock with 20 min to go then cabra scored 2 tries and got on top.
Cabra have let 2 or 3 forwards go in the last 5 or 6 weeks who were in their early twenties to make way for Chris Yates sg ball kids. Very disappointing for the cabra club, development of young 18 year olds is good but not at the cost of other good young players still trying to push their claims.
Yes the drunks at belrose were a bunch of gooses.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Hmm i was there. Just wanted another opinion, looks like the cabra SS coach jim bramsby is being told who he must play by chris Yates the cabra RMC coach. One of the 18 year olds playing second row dropped the ball at least 4 times when getting tackled. Clearly he was struggling with physicality of playing against men, yet jim bramsbey left him on. Mean while he left matt Tomkins on the bench for 60 minutes, and when he did put him on at lock with 20 min to go then cabra scored 2 tries and got on top.
Cabra have let 2 or 3 forwards go in the last 5 or 6 weeks who were in their early twenties to make way for Chris Yates sg ball kids. Very disappointing for the cabra club, development of young 18 year olds is good but not at the cost of other good young players still trying to push their claims.
Yes the drunks at belrose were a bunch of gooses.
The reason these young blokes are given a go is because they actually turn up for training and put the effort in. ,I,ve seen the other coach working on individuals and one has played massey for the past 3 games. The young 20 odd yr olds thought they were better than what they were . its justified when you look at the results since their departure. players rewarded for effort and development not some wanna be just picking up some easy cash and unable to play to instruction.

imgunawin72

Juniors
By the sounds of it you didn’t watch the game last weekend. If you did you need your eyes checked.
I know one 21 year old that never misses a training session.
Cabra only pay $100 for a win in SS , so I don’t think you can call it picking up some easy cash.
If they just wanted easy cash i know one A grade team in the Penrith comp that pays 3 times that.

rightleftin

Juniors
Josh Maree has been listed to play his 3rd consecutive RMC game as Guildford deal with their suspensions and injuries. Earlier in the season he was playing in the Cabra SS team.

With Colyton's elimination from Penrith A grade finals, John Faiumu, has been added to the St Marys SS squad and will be hoping to replicate the result last season when he played in the SS premiership after being elevated at the end of the season.

imgunawin72

Juniors
The reason these young blokes are given a go is because they actually turn up for training and put the effort in. ,I,ve seen the other coach working on individuals and one has played massey for the past 3 games. The young 20 odd yr olds thought they were better than what they were . its justified when you look at the results since their departure. players rewarded for effort and development not some wanna be just picking up some easy cash and unable to play to instruction.
If cabra SS roll out a team with a lot 18 kids playing in the forwards against east Campbelltown it could be a flogging, some of the 18 year olds struggled against Belrose, and east Campbelltown are a team of men and far better than belrose.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
If cabra SS roll out a team with a lot 18 kids playing in the forwards against east Campbelltown it could be a flogging, some of the 18 year olds struggled against Belrose, and east Campbelltown are a team of men and far better than belrose.
I have watched the last 10 games of Cabras ss . The guys that have left were playing in the first rounds against wenty and Campbelltown and were in effective. The second round against Wenty was when more young players were used which resulted in a win. Effectively the coaching staff are also developing the younger players for the future, as i said before they are rewarded for attendance , effort and attitude which the others didnt have. The team this week wont be full of 18 yr olds and even last week against Belrose there was only 5 under 20 and the rest ranged up to 26. Time will tell but i think if they play to their ability and cut the error rate they will go ok.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I have watched the last 10 games of Cabras ss . The guys that have left were playing in the first rounds against wenty and Campbelltown and were in effective. The second round against Wenty was when more young players were used which resulted in a win. Effectively the coaching staff are also developing the younger players for the future, as i said before they are rewarded for attendance , effort and attitude which the others didnt have. The team this week wont be full of 18 yr olds and even last week against Belrose there was only 5 under 20 and the rest ranged up to 26. Time will tell but i think if they play to their ability and cut the error rate they will go ok.
Ok if you disregard the young blokes that have left or were more likely let go.
Do you think the 18 year old that played in number 11 last week coped well with playing against young men?
Bearing in mind that he dropped the ball at least 4 times in contact I don’t believe he played well at all.
Yet at the same time cabra had a 21 year old back rower cooling his heels on the bench for 60 minutes. This is a young bloke that never misses a training session and rips in on the field.
How does that help the 21 year olds development?
Sounds like its more about chris Yates telling the SS coach who he has to play, rather than development of players.
Ive seen lots of kids play sg ball and look like guns, but the real test is playing against men.
Or is a 21 year too old be developed?

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Ok if you disregard the young blokes that have left or were more likely let go.
Do you think the 18 year old that played in number 11 last week coped well with playing against young men?
Bearing in mind that he dropped the ball at least 4 times in contact I don’t believe he played well at all.
Yet at the same time cabra had a 21 year old back rower cooling his heels on the bench for 60 minutes. This is a young bloke that never misses a training session and rips in on the field.
How does that help the 21 year olds development?
Sounds like its more about chris Yates telling the SS coach who he has to play, rather than development of players.
Ive seen lots of kids play sg ball and look like guns, but the real test is playing against men.
Or is a 21 year too old be developed?
I agree the 11 had some handling errors , and was not one of his best games in that area . defensively he was ok . The 21 yr old that you refer to i know is a good kid , i feel he is still not at his best since returning from a knee reco , struggles with lateral movement and at times his carries get dominated.
Not to say he is not still developing his game as well.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I agree the 11 had some handling errors , and was not one of his best games in that area . defensively he was ok . The 21 yr old that you refer to i know is a good kid , i feel he is still not at his best since returning from a knee reco , struggles with lateral movement and at times his carries get dominated.
Not to say he is not still developing his game as well.
You must have watched a different game on Sunday if you think the 21 year got dominated in the carries he had the opportunity to do. (Perhaps you should watch the game again on huddle when it goes up). He usually gets a quick play the ball, hard to do that if you get dominated in a tackle.
As for lateral movement, the coach has played him off the bench in the middle for the last 4 weeks- what a load of dribble.
He is clearly a second rower, but has been put on the bench to allow the 18 year olds to play.
Next you’ll be saying he’s only doing it for easy money.
Perhaps the 18 year olds should play in the middle? Would that be good for their development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts