What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

• Yes

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 73.5%

• Total voters

Willie Ray

Bench
Well Chris Heighington is retiring at the end of this season and we are desperate for middle forwards so f**k yeah we'll give him a run.

OldPanther

Coach

The 1st article got spammed and the second says there isn't a five year plan. Also not a single Gus quote saying he has a 5 year plan there.

Gus said it'd take about 5 years to fix the club particularly with Junior development etc. I look forward to people admitting they were wrong.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 1st article got spammed and the second says there isn't a five year plan. Also not a single Gus quote saying he has a 5 year plan there.

Gus said it'd take about 5 years to fix the club particularly with Junior development etc. I look forward to people admitting they were wrong.

Penrith Panthers boss Phil Gould admits his five-year plan for rebuilding the club is running several years behind schedule.

The outspoken Channel Nine commentator and Panthers premiership-winning coach took over the reins of the cash-strapped club in 2012, famously declaring it would take five years to return the club to the top of the NRL tree.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ng-five-years-late/1u0b801xmr0vt1qoa17jkyd9qk

Despite time running out to fulfil his fabled five-year plan, Penrith supremo Phil Gould says the air of optimism swirling around the club is deserved.

Not only will the 2016 NRL season mark the Panthers' 50th year, it will mark Gould's fifth in charge of the club as general manager.

When he took over in 2011, he claimed that it would take half a decade to clean up the club and lift it from the doldrums.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/gould-says-five-year-plan-on-track

OldPanther

Coach
Penrith Panthers boss Phil Gould admits his five-year plan for rebuilding the club is running several years behind schedule.

The outspoken Channel Nine commentator and Panthers premiership-winning coach took over the reins of the cash-strapped club in 2012, famously declaring it would take five years to return the club to the top of the NRL tree.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ng-five-years-late/1u0b801xmr0vt1qoa17jkyd9qk

Gus's exact words word it'd take half a decade to fix the club as an organisation off field. Anything else is media spin. NRL 360 gave a formal apology over it at one point.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s always amusing to look back in hindsight

IVAN CLEARY

GOULD has always rated Ivan Cleary highly as a coach.

It’s why he lured him from the Warriors and it’s why Gould believes the former fullback has a job for life at Penrith.

“I can see Ivan being the long-term coach of this club and I don’t see an end point to his time here at all,” Gould said.

“I think he is very much a part of what we are building and he is also the coach that once it is built, he’ll take advantage of it.

“Ivan has been terrific and I said at the time that he was the perfect person for what our club was about to go through.

“I needed a coach who could put up with a couple of tough years and come out the other side.

“I also wanted someone who could buy into a long-term plan and had a reputation and demeanour for handling the short-term results, which I said to him at the time won’t be great for a while.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/c927ac0d6d72e9f42cdab6c643f11100

OldPanther

Coach
It’s always amusing to look back in hindsight

IVAN CLEARY

GOULD has always rated Ivan Cleary highly as a coach.

It’s why he lured him from the Warriors and it’s why Gould believes the former fullback has a job for life at Penrith.

“I can see Ivan being the long-term coach of this club and I don’t see an end point to his time here at all,” Gould said.

“I think he is very much a part of what we are building and he is also the coach that once it is built, he’ll take advantage of it.

“Ivan has been terrific and I said at the time that he was the perfect person for what our club was about to go through.

“I needed a coach who could put up with a couple of tough years and come out the other side.

“I also wanted someone who could buy into a long-term plan and had a reputation and demeanour for handling the short-term results, which I said to him at the time won’t be great for a while.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/c927ac0d6d72e9f42cdab6c643f11100

It's fluff for the media when hiring a coach. Every club does it.

The Rosco

Bench
It's fluff for the media when hiring a coach. Every club does it.
Old Panther, from your name I'm guessing that your a Panthers fan.
That, and the fact that over the 200 pages on here you have defended everything Gus has done, and refuted commonsense when it makes what Penrith did . . . . look . . . let's say unclassy.
Now just for curiosity . . . . do you think Gus or Penrith deserve any flack for what they did and how they did it ?

OldPanther

Coach
Old Panther, from your name I'm guessing that your a Panthers fan.
That, and the fact that over the 200 pages on here you have defended everything Gus has done, and refuted commonsense when it makes what Penrith did . . . . look . . . let's say unclassy.
Now just for curiosity . . . . do you think Gus or Penrith deserve any flack for what they did and how they did it ?

I believe it was stupid to drag the Gus/Griffin falling out into the media. While most of what Gus has said as far as Griffin goes has been confirmed it looks petty. Just as Griffin in his interview shitting on the club.

As far as Ivan goes he has confirmed no offer was made. They gauged his interest in coming across at some point no different than what happens with Nathan and possibly going to the Tigers so I don't see an issue.

I would have been very disappointed with the club if they did table an offer for 2019 to Ivan.

OldPanther

Coach
Don’t know I’ve ever seen someone say that about a new coach, he’s got a job for life. Who says that about a new coach?

Gus thinks he's the greatest orator to ever live. He gets dramatic. I meant most will talk up the new coach.

Latest posts