What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

Perhaps and there's nothing preventing him from doing that immediately instead of puting the club through a few months of uncertainty ....which he may well do ( the first part)
I agree. None of us knows what is happening behind closed doors. Maybe Nathan wouldn't recommit with Hook as the coach? The timing is a tad coincidental.

Pomoz

Bench
Apparently Pascoe and Go are cult heroes for standing their ground on the offer that never existed. Penrith are fair game to anyone who has ever been annoyed by Gould's footy commentary.
The media will pick their sides and if we are lucky, some journalists will focus on the facts and give a fair account of what has happened. Now Ivan has told us his version we can see it is nothing like the media has painted to date.

What has happened is we sacked our coach. We didn't make an offer to Cleary (unless he is lying when he said no offer was made). We sounded out Cleary and he rightly said "I have a contract".

All the vitriol from the Tigers fans and CEO is misplaced. It is OK to ask somebody if they are happy or would they interested in a job at the Panthers. I don't see a problem with that. No formal offer was made. Move on, nothing to see here. Conversations like this happen all the time in business and in sport.

If we can now stop talking about Hook in the press (Gus I love you, but shut the f#ck up already), the wounds can heal and we can actually watch some football instead of this tiring soap opera.

For the record, the club sacking Hook 4 weeks out form the finals seems like a strange decision. But, as I have said many times on this forum, we just don't have enough facts to know whether the club did the right thing or not. The situation may have been so toxic, it was the right thing to do. Who knows? The club now has to live with its decision.

Blow that whistle ref!

Das Hassler

Bench
I explained why he'll wait. He has a formal arrangement with his dad saying he can decide after he turns 21.

No...he doesnt have a formal agreement with his dad...just an undetstanding. He's not LEGALLY permitted to negotiate with another clib till november but can recommit to the panthers at anytime. All he needs to do is explain to Ivan over dinner that his club needs his signature as a morale booster heading into the finals...you dont think his dad would understand and go along with that? ...It would be that simple
BTW.....i do find you a very fairminded person if that means anything to you

OldPanther

Coach
No...he doesnt have a formal agreement with his dad...just an undetstanding. He's not LEGALLY permitted to negotiate with another clib till november but can recommit to the panthers at anytime. All he needs to do is explain to Ivan over dinner that his club needs his signature as a morale booster heading into the finals...you dont think his dad would understand and go along with that? ...It would be that simple
BTW.....i do find you a very fairminded person if that means anything to you

I appreciate that.

You're absolutely right he could at any point recommit. I just don't see him breaking the deal with his father considering how close they seem to be and how highly they respect each other.

I appreciate that.

You're absolutely right he could at any point recommit. I just don't see him breaking the deal with his father considering how close they seem to be and how highly they respect each other.
Who knows, Ivan could join after his current contract expires? All the articles I have read, indicates Nathan wants to stay a panther.

Das Hassler

Bench
In my eyes they are hypocritics of the highest order.

Go.back and look at Gus's comments from Tuesday....plus he said they had to let hook go because ivan was going to speak to his club so it was the right thing to do by the guy ( yeah right...anyway) ..even though Ivan never had an offer put to him??. ....dont be so blind...just because it wasnt in writing doesnt mean he wasn't induced to break his contract in private which he obviously did consider..Cleary has calmed it down so just move on. As for pascoe and Go....theyve done and said exactly what they needed to....she never returned Gould's call which was also exactly what he's needed for sometime

Black Magik

Juniors
Go.back and look at Gus's comments from Tuesday....plus he said they had to let hook go because ivan was going to speak to his club so it was the right thing to do by the guy ( yeah right...anyway) ..even though Ivan never had an offer put to him??. ....dont be so blind...just because it wasnt in writing doesnt mean he wasn't induced to break his contract in private which he obviously did consider..Cleary has calmed it down so just move on. As for pascoe and Go....theyve done and said exactly what they needed to....she never returned Gould's call which was also exactly what he's needed for sometime
And negotiations don’t happen ever! Look at Bennett and the Knights, Broncos and Bellamy, hell ...even your club informally notifying Nathan they will be preparing an offer.

Panthers have done nothing wrong. Even you state no contract was offered. Do you really think Panthers expected IC to be here next year? Panthers have done exactly what they needed to do.

I am entitled to my views, as you are to yours.

OldPanther

Coach

Both sides have confirmed he wasn't induced to break his contract. I would have been very disappointed with the club if they did but they didn't.

If you ever find out otherwise let us know and I'll support your opinion here but I'm not a fan of conspiracies.

Das Hassler

Bench
And negotiations don’t happen ever! Look at Bennett and the Knights, Broncos and Bellamy, hell ...even your club informally notifying Nathan they will be preparing an offer.

Panthers have done nothing wrong. Even you state no contract was offered. Do you really think Panthers expected IC to be here next year? Panthers have done exactly what they needed to do.

Negotiations do happen ...yes..Bellamy was sounded out anout his NEXT contract. Again....go back and look at Gus's presser straight after letting hook go....he's talking about the one particular coach who they are ( quote) " waiting for his decision " in regards the now vavant coaching position. ...
Tuesday morning he is clearly discussing Cleary and '19.....not 2 years from now!.....that's the difference with how "most" orhers conduct business. If you dont thinkthe pamthers management have egg all over their face now then have anorher look later in the week.

OldPanther

Coach
Negotiations do happen ...yes..Bellamy was sounded out anout his NEXT contract. Again....go back and look at Gus's presser straight after letting hook go....he's talking about the one particular coach who they are ( quote) " waiting for his decision " in regards the now vavant coaching position. ...
Tuesday morning he is clearly discussing Cleary and '19.....not 2 years from now!.....that's the difference with how "most" orhers conduct business. If you dont thinkthe pamthers management have egg all over their face now then have anorher look later in the week.

Gus has also previously said Bennett won't be at the Bronvos in 2019 since we are connecting what Gys has said.

martielang

Bench
Tigers are probably just trying to find another coach before they release him & get the wheels in motion. Have only read an article about what he said but from the comments I’ve read, I don’t think he’s closed the door entirely.

I think we’ll still get him for next year.

Tigers are probably just trying to find another coach before they release him & get the wheels in motion. Have only read an article about what he said but from the comments I’ve read, I don’t think he’s closed the door entirely.

I think we’ll still get him for next year.
Very possible

Latest posts