What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Tigers.

Dragons press conference

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/press-conferences/dragons-press-conference!693274

It's all going to be O.K...Coach said he is very Angry. Maybe he should ask the fans how they feel after 4 years of this...
Zero ability and zero credibility.
Just imagine that this guy is the current St. George FG coach.
He was happy with the second half against the Warriors and pointed to positive signs of a turnaround. He urged his players that they had to start at the level of the second half performance against the Warriors.
Camp on the Central Coast - players "hopeful" of a turn around etc. Today we were playing for pride more than anything else...we gave nothing like we gave in so many games last year.
The mighty Saints of the past would be turning in their graves.
I cannot forgive the incumbent management for creating this mess.
You cannot denigrate the history and tradition of this great club while pushing your own agenda.
You're not that important in the scheme of things.
Total disregard for the long suffering Fans - ridiculous decisions based on factions and nepotism.
The Board should hang their heads in shame...

rednwhites

Juniors
In reference to this game, a parochial tigers crowd with a spirited and motivated team to cheer on will see them make it 2/2 against us. getting my tip in early.

Banjo2014

Juniors
With a sniff of top 8 - Tigers win last four and Dragons lose last three??

Benji and Russell will be chomping at the bit.

getsmarty

Immortal
Zero ability and zero credibility.
Just imagine that this guy is the current St. George FG coach.
He was happy with the second half against the Warriors and pointed to positive signs of a turnaround. He urged his players that they had to start at the level of the second half performance against the Warriors.
Camp on the Central Coast - players "hopeful" of a turn around etc. Today we were playing for pride more than anything else...we gave nothing like we gave in so many games last year.
The mighty Saints of the past would be turning in their graves.
I cannot forgive the incumbent management for creating this mess.
You cannot denigrate the history and tradition of this great club while pushing your own agenda.
You're not that important in the scheme of things.
Total disregard for the long suffering Fans - ridiculous decisions based on factions and nepotism.
The Board should hang their heads in shame...

Well said Dennis...Yes the Board should hang their collective heads in shame...If we continue on the same course the club will end up the laughing stock of the NRL...Come on Doust...Do the right thing..Terminate the coach.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So McGregor over to you. No Widdop, no Vaughan, no Nighty plus a host of unjured and fatigued players.

As they say "you reap what you sow" and "failing to plan is planning to fail".

No doubt there will be some changes to the team but im 100% sure the same core will be fronting up next week.

However, just for the sake of it.
1. Lomax
2. Nene
3. Mann
4. Herbert
5. Periera
6. Dufty
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McInnes
10. Friz
11. Leilua
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. LAM
15. Graham
16. Robson
17. Field/Host

Wont happen for sure but after last night it wad actually theraputic to drop some of these "stars".

rednwhites

Juniors
Missing the 8 would count as the mercy rule. I dread the thought of this bunch of unmotivated pea-hearts in the finals following the same gomer gameplan devised by a genius.

Even if we get finals footy it will be a technicality. The last coach to give us a real finals experience was Bennett, and to be quite honest, we used to be in the thick of the finals every other year so as a St George/Dragons fan from my era (early 90's onwards) this is a rare and unprecedented thing. If not every year prior to Price and McGregor we were an exciting, promising club with a healthy reputation.That has been obliterated. 7 years straight we haven't genuinely been a finals contender. Jobs for the boys has destroyed us, and Bennett's legacy has become bigger than the famous club.

I swear someone probably logged off this place 3 or 4 years ago and has logged back on, and is constantly pressing the refresh button to see if the page has updated. Yes we still have McGregor and are all still calling for his dismissal.

getsmarty

Immortal
Even if we get finals footy it will be a technicality. The last coach to give us a real finals experience was Bennett, and to be quite honest, we used to be in the thick of the finals every other year so as a St George/Dragons fan from my era (early 90's onwards) this is a rare and unprecedented thing. If not every year prior to Price and McGregor we were an exciting, promising club with a healthy reputation.That has been obliterated. 7 years straight we haven't genuinely been a finals contender. Jobs for the boys has destroyed us, and Bennett's legacy has become bigger than the famous club.

I swear someone probably logged off this place 3 or 4 years ago and has logged back on, and is constantly pressing the refresh button to see if the page has updated. Yes we still have McGregor and are all still calling for his dismissal.

Yep..its quite incredible...last time around 2016 ( If my memory serves me correctly )...when the fans were in uproar they said that they were bringing in outside help for the coach...then it was he doesn't have to worry about recruitment and just concentrate on coaching...(because they see him as a "Career Coach ". )

It will be fascinating to see what spin they fabricate this time...they have just about used every excuse under the sun to avoid sacking this coach.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
He is a spin merchant, always has and always will be until he is boned.
It keeps him in a job so why not stay on the gravy train until booted off.
This club is a joke thanks to Doust and co. We will be begging out for change with the incoming CEO, just hope it happens cause at the moment mediocrity is the norm and it stinks.

getsmarty

Immortal
He is a spin merchant, always has and always will be until he is boned.
It keeps him in a job so why not stay on the gravy train until booted off.
This club is a joke thanks to Doust and co. We will be begging out for change with the incoming CEO, just hope it happens cause at the moment mediocrity is the norm and it stinks.

don't get your hopes to high...new CEO may end up being internal ;-)