What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters v souths stats since re-admission in 2002

Rabbits20

Immortal
We will fix it by sacking Mary, you can only fix it by blowing up your club.
Sorry mate but I had to have a lol at your club tonight. I’ve dealt with some and heard about some of the not so good Dragons supporters out there so they are sucked in.

To the good ones like yourself I know it would cut deep but you’re probs used to it.

We’ve got an injury crisis ourlselves currently which is worrying.

Yep mate and have you listened to Mary’ presser? He’s delusional saying you can win the rest of your games and that when they were playing well they weren’t playing as well as what people said and now they’re playing bad it isn’t as bad as it seems...

Ah 40 points conceded and no desire against last placed team...

doyen

Bench
This may shock you, but i dont care about that.

If you don't care[just a little]why the comment in Post 11 ???

If the Roosters keep up their average[ie. one p/ship in 8+ yrs] & Sths win say,only 2;which is way below their average; than the Chooks will get them in the year 3000!!!

Of course;the Tiges don't even enter the equation!!
In reality the Roosters;or any other club;will NOT catch STHS for a very,very,very long time.

Only a rabid chook like Cogburn would ever consider this occurring.

We'll all be well & truly buried but even then it will probably never eventuate!

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
If you don't care[just a little]why the comment in Post 11 ???

If the Roosters keep up their average[ie. one p/ship in 8+ yrs] & Sths win say,only 2;which is way below their average; than the Chooks will get them in the year 3000!!!

Of course;the Tiges don't even enter the equation!!
In reality the Roosters;or any other club;will NOT catch STHS for a very,very,very long time.

Only a rabid chook like Cogburn would ever consider this occurring.

We'll all be well & truly buried but even then it will probably never eventuate!
I'm simply pointing out that stating 'forever' is untrue. It's as much a myth as the 'pride of the league' garbage some people buy into.

All I offer is historical facts.

doyen

Bench
I'm simply pointing out that stating 'forever' is untrue. It's as much a myth as the 'pride of the league' garbage some people buy into.

All I offer is historical facts.

STHS didn't bestow the tag 'PRIDE of the LEAGUE" on themselves----it was their utter dominance in the early days that attracted the name from the general public as well as journalists of the time!

The name was bestowed following their 7 out of 8 p/ships between 1925 & 1932.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
STHS didn't bestow the tag 'PRIDE of the LEAGUE" on themselves----it was their utter dominance in the early days that attracted the name from the general public as well as journalists of the time!
Dominance? Along with Easts and Balmain....

If it was something in the media 70 years ago then why is it only now heard from the likes of rabs20?

doyen

Bench
Dominance? Along with Easts and Balmain....

If it was something in the media 70 years ago then why is it only now heard from the likes of rabs20?

As I said,the name came about after Sths won 7 of 8 titles between 1925 & 1932--that was true DOMINANCE!! Hence the PRIDE name!
Easts & Balmain won a number of comps but not that degree of dominance.

Only Saints have topped that!

From 1950 to 1971 Sths won 9 p/ships ie. about one every couple of years--DOMINANCE!! Hence the PRIDE name!!

Since then we have won one in 46 yrs----we crashed!!! But maybe we are due for another DOMINANT cycle!!??????

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
As I said,the name came about after Sths won 7 of 8 titles between 1925 & 1932--that was true DOMINANCE!! Hence the PRIDE name!
Easts & Balmain won a number of comps but not that degree of dominance.

Only Saints have topped that!

From 1950 to 1971 Sths won 9 p/ships ie. about one every couple of years--DOMINANCE!! Hence the PRIDE name!!

Since then we have won one in 46 yrs----we crashed!!! But maybe we are due for another DOMINANT cycle!!??????
The structure of the salary cap makes that very unlikely. Melbourne is about as close as you'd get, and that's with a massive * shadowing everything they've achieved

Mr Spock!

Referee
How about we compare Roosters v Souths 1961-71?

'66 was a good year when the roosters couldnt win a game.

Travitoh

First Grade
How about we compare 2018?
Nth Queensland won a premiership 3 years ago and they currently sit bottom of the league, so what relevance does a premiership from 3 decades ago hold today?

Compare dicks all you want but the biggest will be the one lifting the Provan Summons Trophy on September 30.

Latest posts